Washington Mutual - Staten Island, NY / Deplorable, rude customer service

Stopped by WashingtonMutualBanktoday (2/15) at 2655 Richmond Ave; Staten Island, NY. Today the US Mint released new Washington dollar coins.Called bank.

Told they had new coins. Rushed over to branch.When I arrived,i was informed that I could NOT purchase a roll of new coins,nor ten new coins, NOT EVEN one new coin, because I wasn't a bank customer. Told them I called to confirm ability,and that nobody informed me that i had to be a bank depositor in order to get coins. Asked for courtesy of at least selling me several coins, but denied request. Spoke to woman manager who emphatically REFUSED to sell me new coins. Is this legal? Must I be a bank member to exchange dollar bills for new dollar coins? Manager admonished me for being TOO LOUD when I told her what a ridiculous thing it was to be a customer to purchase coins. She told me I would have to leave;that I was too loud. She refused to give me her name. I have NEVER met such ANAL-RETENTIVE in my life. PS Chase sold me a roll of coins with no problem. I know what I think of Washington Mutual,and would like you to be aware of their business tactics. What they are is a bunch of NAZIS!!!

Va

Comments

16th of Mar, 2008

You are the ANAL-RETENTIVE here. Most banks worldwide won't allow you to do anything unless you have an account. You couldn't just wait for your bank to have the coins? Or do you not have one? If you don't, you're quite the idiot, or you're poor. Either way, you're exasterbating a simple rule that you couldn't deal with. And now you're blaming your short temper on a humongous company that has nothing to do with you at all. Grow up, really.

• St
      20th of Jul, 2008

Technically, the service provided to you should not be called "customer service", since you were not there customer. You are correct to criticize them for being rude to non-customers, if they are, but should not accuse them of "rude customer service" unless they provided the same rude service to customers. Otherwise, any rude service is "rude non-customer service".