Washington Mutual Credit Card / Credit Protection plan

I was injured by a mortar blast in Iraq, in June 2005, and after 5 surgeries I was medically retired by the Army and listed as 100% disabled by the VA. I have a credit card with WAMU, and luckily, or at least I thought, I have the WAMU credit protection. I do not have nor do I want social security disability, My wife works and with my military disability and a little help from God, we can pay our bills and we will be OK. I don't remember when I took out the credit protection, but, I do know they never miss taking out the payment for it. I filed my claim the first time in Feb. or Mar. of 2008. I included my medical records that showed disability, My U.S. Army Medical discharge, a copy of my Purple Heart and they then put the account on freeze for around 3 months, even though It stated I was permanently disabled, they listed it as hospitalization. I filed again in May or June. They sent a letter asking if I was receiving Social security disability, to which I replied no, and sent the form back. Even though I sent the it back within a week of receiving the letter and form, they replied by saying they had not received form within 30 days, and that I had to re-file. I was frustrated, but I did so. I then received another letter asking if I was getting social security disability, and if not, that I needed a letter from my doctor saying I was unable to work. My doctor immediately completed the letter, and I mailed it. Yet again, I received another letter saying that I did not get the information to them in time. Now I am going to file one more time. I guess I will have to file for social security disability just to get WAMU to fulfill there obligation. Please, don’t waste your money, never take the credit protection through WAMU, maybe through any credit card.

Comments

• Tf
      16th of Sep, 2008
    Washington Mutual Credit Card - Fradulant Balance Transfer Rate
    Washington Mutual
    P.O. Box 660487
    Dallas
    Texas
    Phone: 866-892-9268
    wamucards.com

I was sent an offer for 0% interest for 18 months on any balance transfers over $100. I signed up for the account and initiated the transfers. I was charged 8.99% on my first bill for my entire transfer. I called the customer service line and was told they did not have any record of my 0% offer. I was charged $84.24 in interest from them and will have to pay $381.43 to transfer my balance back to my original account. This scam has cost me almost $500 and I am steaming mad.

• Am
      25th of Sep, 2008
    Washington Mutual Credit Card - fees on top of fees
    Washington Mutual
    New York
    New York

I never use my wamu credit card, have an enormous interest rate (which is My fault) However, even if I pay enough of a chunk of a monthly payment to cover minimum plus interest rate and finance charge, there is always something to put it over limit. I was one day late and got a late fee. the late fee brought me over limit.So they charged me an over the limit fee. I paid enough before do to get it under the limit. yhen it seemed before the end of the billing cycle, the interest and finance charge were added and I was over the limit again. Then another over the limit fee. Ii seems like this cycle of fees on top of fees.They will not negotiate with me so I am going to close the acct and haveit managed through money management where I have consolidated a lot of my debt and they have been excellent

• Lb
      6th of Feb, 2009
    Washington Mutual Credit Card - unfair practices, harrassment
    Ohio

I have an outstanding balance which I have been making timely payments on for over one year now.
    The account was closed at my request due to them "tacking" on hidden information, raising interest rates without notification and then to my surprise I recieved a phone call regarding a statement which I had not recieved as of today and it was 2 days late. I had been notified on email that my statement was ready so I tried for 3 days prior to make a payment. The website had numerous problems. When calling they informed me that the website was down and I would have to pay a late charge because there were other ways to pay your bill. Understand that if you pay by phone they charge 14.95 and if you mail the missing statement (yes I thought that amusing too) it would still be late because it takes 10 days to post once they recieve it. I do not have a card as I cut it up and sent it to them so I no longer have a security code (which they cant give me) to pay my account on line anymore, I dont have an address to mail payments to because I dont have the statement nor do I have my account number cause I have no statement. I asked them to email me my information but they stated 'WE DONT HAVE EMAIL CAPABILITIES". How I ask you did they email me that my statement was ready??? I finally was able to locate a phone number and a person who spoke English after searching for hours who then told me that she would mail me a statement to replace the one I did not get but she did not have control over the mail but I SHOULD...

VERY SHADY BUSINESS PRACTICES AND I SUGGEST THEY GET SOME PEOPLE WHO HAVE AT LEAST SOME COMMAND OF THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE TO HELP THEM. I MIGHT AS WELL HAVE SAVED MY BREATH...LINDA B

• Mn
      28th of Feb, 2009
    Washington Mutual Credit Card - Unexplained fees
    WAMU - Chase

Recently, after one of my visits to the local WAMU office, I was persuaded to apply for a WAMU Master Card. After using the card for few months (and making all the payments in full), I noticed a online transaction fee of $14.95. When I called to ask about it, I was told that apperently I had requested to make an express payment. I told the customer service person that I made the payment several weeks before the due date. Does that make any sense that I would request an overnight payment? In any case, to make the long story short the WAMU rep would not reverse the fee nor would he allow me to talk with a supervisor. Needless to say I closed my account and strongly recommend anyone to stay away from WAMU. I realize banks are in financial trouble thus trying to rip off anyone they can. However, this is highway robbery, and I will never use any products related to WAMU!

• Do
      14th of Mar, 2009

Closed account in September, after not recieving a raise in credit as promised after 1 year without late fees or over the limit fees, due to having a balance on card said it could not be closed, and would continue to recieve interest and any other fees. continued to make timely payments until i missed one in January, however made timely payment in February had late payment fee accessed and over the limit charge, when i inquired they stated that the payment made went to January's bill and that i still owed for February, well they gave me a late payment fee and over the limit fee for January, now for February, and i'm assuming for March. When, Where does it stop!!!