Washington Federal Savings/Mortgage / Violation of Consumer Privacy

1 Salt Lake City, UT, United States Review updated:

Washington Federal Savings (Utah Wholesale Department) Underwriter and Manager discussed details of my mortgage loan on at least two occasions with a business associate who is not a co-signer on the note. This is a clear violation of the Grahm, Leach, Bliley Act and the bank's own privacy policy.

The Wholesale Manager immediately denied his actions once the company was notified.

The President, CEO, and Chairman of the Board forwarded my written complaint to a Sr. Vice-President/ Chief Legal Counsel. Of course he promptly backed up the re-constructed "facts" that the Wholesale Manager fabricated.

Upon reporting the problem to the Office of Thrift Supervision (OTS), Washington Federal immediately took retaliatory action in an attempt to intimidate and silence me. Whether or not OTS reprimands Washington Federal Savings, I intend to pursue legal action unless they come clean and resolve my problem like any company with integrity would do.

My advice is to stay clear of this institution. If you are already a customer, make sure that your privacy has not been violated to any degree. If you have a mortgage loan with Washington Federal, see if you can qualify for government or conventional financing. The terms are usually significantly better than if you stay with Washington Federal Savings.

Cw

Comments

• Fb
      5th of Aug, 2010

I concur with the above. Do stay clear of this institution. I recently opened an account with Washington Federal Savings Bank with the expectation that regional banks offer that "home town" customer service that they claim to offer. To make a long story short it's been close to a month and I've yet to receive my ATM card. Yes, i did call the branch a few days ago. The associate on the phone indicataed my card was sent out via FEDEX and i would receive it in a couple of days. A few days pass, still no ATM card. I contacted the bank again and they associate said they would send it via first class mail, which is just regular mail. A few days go by. Still no ATM card. In addition the card fiasco. I would not have received my checks if i had not followed up after about two weeks. Apparently the assoicated had entered my address incorrectly into the system. With that said. Stay clear of this institution.

• Az
      24th of Jun, 2011

When paying a late mortgage payment I was asked by the employee " whats your problem? Does your husband not make enough money to support your family?" ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!!! I wish more people knew how HORRIBLE this establishment is!!! Or my favorite. We owed "late payments" I asked for THREE...JUST THREE days extra to pay them. I said " I DO NOT have it until friday." Employee " well you need to get it or we will not accept payment." Me: "Then I will have to seriously borrow it from my cancer stricken father in law (for three days!!!)". Employee: Ok. JUDT SOULLESS PEOPLE THERE!!! NO WAY AROUND IT!!! Hope THOUSDANDS READ THESE POSTS!!!