WarrantyByNet / Steer clear of WarrantyByNet!

Their location appears to be Lincoln, Nebraska, but this is not clear. That is the address for the Heritage Warranty Mutual Insurance Risk Retention Group that underwrites the plan. Butler Financial Solutions, LLC of Boca Raton, FL is the "we, us, our" in the contract. However, claims seem to be administered by Vermeco, Inc. of El Paso, TX.

Claims are paid by a third-party administrator that apparently pays claims only when they have money from the insurance company. It appears form talking with the supervisor at the administrator that there was at least one recent period during which they did not have money form the insurance company and were not paying claims (nor telling consumers that they were not doing so).

I had a car repaired May 7, 2007. Warrantybynet authorized payment of $185.03 (lower than it should have been, but they did have some justification for the amount). I was told I would receive payment direct. When I called June 29 to check on the status, I was told they had "no timeframe in which I would receive the money." When I pushed, I was given the phone number of the insurance company [protected]). The individual there who handles these claims (Ken Hilliard) did not return my call and I called back again. This time I was told the third party administrator handles the claims, he does not do so. He gave me the direct number of the department head at Vemeco (Bob Cota [protected]). He told me I had to fax in the paid invoice and the claim number and they would then cut a check on the next business day. He explained that they only pay claims when they have money from insurance companies and that they "now have money from this insurance company." He would not come out and directly say that the insurance company is having financial problems, but it certainly appears that way.

I would urge anyone to steer clear of Warrantybynet and, if you do have a policy, to bypass customer service and call the numbers above.

More WarrantyByNet Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Ge
      24th of Mar, 2008

I also purchased an aftermarket auto warranty from WarrantyByNet in 2003, my first claim went well but today I've been informed by the dealer that the firm may not honor the contract? I tried contacting the 1 (800) 543-8801 but they close for lunch. WOW, I didn't know businesses (who are in business) operate this way...and stay in business. I would seem WarrantyByNet has mismanaged their business portfolio and lost their mission, vision, and end state goals.

I do appreciate the post from Harvey B. I will probably need all of the listed numbers you provide...thanks; I'll update my post once I've contacted and have finalized my claim for warranty repairs on my vehicle.

Regards,

Gerold

• Ge
      5th of Jun, 2008

Bill,

No action as of yet; I plan to call soon but I'm in
    the middle of a move outside of the US.

My dealer sent in the paperwork for me and when I
    called (can't remember who...one of those contact
    numbers) they said they have my claim and will process
    it...that was around the time of my original post.
    I'll reengage once things settle down with my move.

Yes, by all means provide any info you can that will
    help me receive my claim.

Regards,

Gerold

• Je
      3rd of Jul, 2008

Had authorized repair work done on 2/18/08 and 3/20/08. I have been directed and redirected as to WHO was responsible for payment. Today I was told Butler Financial Solutions is responsible. Any help??