Warranty Mutual - Heritage - extended car warranty / Non one at Heritage's call center can tell me when I will receive my check, although it's supposedly authorized. it's been 3 months!

8055 "O" StreetLincoln, NE, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-800-753-5236
I purchased an extended warranty from Heritage via my auto broker when I purchased my new car in 2003 (it's a 2004 model). I paid over $1700.00 for the contract and just in the last few months encountered an issue with my car that fell under this warranty. My dealer contacted them to get an authorization number and find out the coverage amount before having the repair done. In the past they were able have Heritage pay the dealership directly, but this time they were told the customer had to file the claim after the repair was done. I was already annoyed when they wouldn't pay the hourly rate for the dealer to fix the problem and would only pay a lower hourly rate. Keep in mind I purchased the warranty for my brand new car (Lexus) and expected that they would pay the dealer rate for repair, so that's the first problem.
I filed my claim the day after the repair was complete and submitted all of the documentation, that was August 12, 2008 and since then I have called twice to check on the status of my claim check. The first time I called I was told my claim was approved, but they couldn't tell me when it would be processed or when I might expect it(this was Sept. 17, 2008). So I waited patiently for my check. it is now Nov. 13, 2008 and I called again. I was told my claim was approved but they still couldn't tell me how long it would be. I asked how can I escalate this or who can I contact who can tell me when I should get my check. I was told by Otis the customer service rep that there was no one there that could tell me that information because "no on" had contact information for Heritage (so their call center must be 3rd party). I then asked to speak to a manager or the supervisor, I was put on hold then told there was no one there who could take the call, so I asked to be called back. He then told he could put me in for a callback, but that no one there would give me anymore information than he had. I asked several times how to contact someone who could help or could contact Heritage and he spoke over the top of me and told me he had other callers waiting and he could waste time going over the same thing with me. Then he hung up on me! I called back and tried to get a better answer via the dealer line, I was given the same run around from that line also.

Comments

Gl
  14th of Nov, 2008
I have had the same disappointing, frustrating, dead end experience with Heritage. I have an extended warranty for the Audi purchased in 2005 and never had to use until April 2007. I wasn't aproved for the entire repair only a portion of it because according to them i did not take proper care (maintenance) of the vehicle (totally untrue). I had to pay out of my pocket more than $600 and they were supposed to reimbursed me for $185 . Well here we are today Novemebr 14, 2008 and still waiting for that check. I had called at least six different times during all these months and they always give me the same answer, that my claim was aproved but they don't know when it will go out. The cost of this useless warranty was $2800. There's got to be something consumers (victims) like us can do. Please we need to put a stop at this SCAM!
Th
  30th of Jan, 2009
I have a similar problems as I paid $2500 for a warranty on my 2002 Jaguar. Never used the warranty and have been trying since August 29th to receive the refund. The ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING unit has approved the refund but unable to get in contact with Harritage to receive a check. Anyone know of another recource? Tried the Washington Insurance Commision who acknowledged many similar compaints but they have no authority in the matter. My address for them is 400 Metro Place N., Dublin, Oh 43017 but have received no reply. Anyone know which state they are located in so I can try the Insurrance Commission there? Thank.
Ro
  2nd of Feb, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
SAME PROBLEM WITH ME AS I READ THE STORIES. I PURCHASED ONE OF THESE GENERIC WARRANITIES( HERITAGE) UNFORTUNATELY I LEARNED MY LESSON ON THIS COMPANY. MY TRANSMISSION WENT ON MY 2003 SUBURBAN. HERITAGE THIRD PARTY GAVE ME AN AUTHORIZED NUMBER TO GET IT FIXED BUT I HAD TO PAY FOR IY AND THEN I WAS GOING TO GET REINBURSED. I WAS AUTHORIZED NOVEMBER 1 2208 IT IS NOW FEBUARY 2 2009 WITH NO PAYMENT TO ME. I HAVE CALLED AT LEAST 5 TIMES TO NO AVAIL. THERE HAS TO BE SOME TYPE OF AGENCY THAT CAN MONITOR SCAM COMPANIES LIKE THIS. YOU WOULD THINK A CHEVY DEALER WHERE I PURCHASED MY CAR THEY WOULD GET A REPUTABLE COMPANY TO GIVE OUT BOGUS WARRANTIES.
Te
  18th of Feb, 2009
We are also victims of the Heritage scheme. BUT, I hate being a victim and I have a lot of free time. I am not going away.
October 02' 2008 I took my Land Rover in for a repair. The dealer said they had to call it in for authorization with Heritage. They called and were given the go ahead if they used the part that Heritage preferred them to use. I would have to pay out of pocket $641.99 and Heritage would reimburse me in a few weeks. Not a problem.
My first call was 10/15/08 I wanted to make sure that Heritage had receive the paper work from the dealership.
I was told "Yes, the claim has been processed w/ DSI and submitted to Heritage. Pending payment.
10/31/08 National Admin Services Corp. They have received and are waiting for Heritage Insurance to pay.
11/25/08 spoke w/ Gordon "Will be paid soon."
12/15/08 spoke w/ Gordon "Won't be much longer." "We don't have any info on Heritage, we don't ever talk to them, only through electric filing"
1/05/09 spoke w/ Dave (supervisor) "Still waiting." I just wanted to know if a check has been sent out to me. "We can verify with a check number, however nothing has been sent out at this time."
1/22/09 spoke w/ Otis $641.99 shows Heritage still pending. "Did not fall thru the cracks. Each time you call the account is flagged"
1/22/09 called the BBB in Lincoln, NB. "We show: Heritage Administrative Services, Inc. 8055 O Street Lincoln, NB 68510-2562 (402) 489-7777
I called and that number is not in service
1/22/09 called the BBB in Columbus, OH (for central Ohio) "We show nothing for Heritage"
I looked on line and I found
Heritage Warranty.com
400 Metro Place N. #300
Dublin, OH 43017-3377
president: Larry Rose Berry
1/22/09 I spoke w/ Otis again, When I asked to speak w/ Mr. Roseberry Otis said to call (800) 457-7703
when I call that number they have never heard of Mr. Larry Roseberry. Yet, when I Google him there is quite a bit. They told me to call (800) 753-5236.
When I called (800) 753-5236 I asked who was the top person at the company and the receptionist gave me Kevin Hopper at x. 4105
I left a voice mail.
1/22/09 Kevin Hopper did call me back. and he told me to call Dave Huntsman x. 4147
2/2/09 called and couldn't get past the customer service agent. "Still no check on file as being sent out, we show it is still waiting. Dave Huntsman is the one who does the e-filing w/ Heritage. He isn't going to tell you anything more then what I have already told you."
2/13/09 spoke w/ Gordon, "Still waiting" I asked if he thought this was typical or pathetically slow? Should I think this is just a huge scam and a waste of my time? He said that "They are processing claims everyday. He knows that they fell into some difficultly but that things are better now. They are paying, he just doesn't know their schedule."
Gl
  13th of Jan, 2010
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I purchase the Heritage warranty when I bought my H2 in 2003 for $2150.00, 7 yrs/100, 000 miles.

I used the warranty in Oct. 2009 for the first time. The GM dealer said that I would have to paid up front for the repairs and that I will get a reimburstment check from Heritage in the mail. The dealer said that if I don't get the check in a month to call them up.

Five weeks go by and nothing in the mail. So I call them up and some lady at the claims office said that it will take 8 to 12 weeks to recieve the check. Thirteen weeks go back and still nothing. I call Heritage contact person that's on my repair receipt on 1/12/2010 and asked him about about my check and he refered me to the Heritage web site "heritagewarranty.com"

I input my claim # and it showed that my reimburstment check estimate date to pay out is 4/30/2012.

My next step is to put in complaints with varies government agenices.
Tr
  30th of Apr, 2011
OMG! What jerks they are! I, luckily, DID NOT purchase the plan they were trying to sell me! They had left 10 messages in the past week, describing my car with vague messages I couldn't really understand, so I decide to call and see what it's about. They wouldn't take NO for an answer and then the "supervisor" started attacking me on a personal level, talking down to me, it turned ugly fast and I hung up. I then wondered, by their total lack of professionalism, if they were just sitting in a trashy motel, taking calls and collecting checks for down payments from everyone without a real company even being involved, especially the way they demanded the payment BEFORE you decide if you even want the policy (AFTER they get the payment, they send you the policy to review for 30 days to decide if you want it or not). They reduced the payments by half before I hung up, that's definitely not normal. Something to think about for sure.