Warranty Division / Unwanted Solicitation

1 NV, United States Review updated:
Phone: 702-367-2390

This number calls 3 out of five of our business lines. A recording comes on that says my car's warranty is about to expire and I should get it renewed and to push 1 to speak with a rep or press 2 to have my filed removed. On each number (which is called numberous times daily) I press 2 and they keep calling. Then I pressed 1 and asked for a supervisor and Tiffany told me he was in a meeting so I left my name and number and never got a call back (imagine that).
Then I pressed one and asked how I could get my numbers removed and they hung up on me. Then I did it again and told them they were calling a business and again I got hung up on.
Finally today I got another call and the rep picked up and asked for my year make and model of my car, so i told her i had a 1984 mercedes benz 300D. She then read my phone number back to me and asked if that was my number and i said "yes you just called" then she said i will add your number to the do not call list right away. I giggled and said ok. We shall see if it calls back again.

Be

Comments

• Li
      21st of Jun, 2008
    Warranty Division - Unsolicited phone calls
    Warrandy Division
    Phone: 8027312141

I have been receiving numerous calls from this company about my vehicle warranty. They call at work, home, and my cell phone. When I say no thanks and to have my name removed, they hang up on me and continue to call 3 or 4 more times daily. I feel that this is now harassment. I get charged for the calls on my cell phone and the same number does not always appear on the caller id, so I don't realize it's them. I am not sure what state they are based out of as when you try to call them back, you can't get through.

• Be
      11th of Jul, 2008

I have received the same calls from 702-367-2390 and a few other numbers. They do not stop calling do matter what you do. So irritating.

• Al
      15th of Jul, 2008

I also have had several calls from these people now, always using different numbers. I too have asked to be removed from their list twice now and I am still getting the calls. When I get through to someone and ask to be removed they just hang up, when I asked for the company name they said "if you can't hear me I'm hanging up".

• Sm
      18th of Jul, 2008

I agree; these wankers are not using the DO NOT CALL list whatsoever. I tried to get information from the guy who came on the line and he hung up on me before giving me the info. In Texas where I am there is also a Texas DO NOT CALL list, and it has more teeth to it than the federal listing.

They called my office number, interrupting other business.

• Ro
      22nd of Jul, 2008

Just had the same call that went the same way. As I was talking to the guy, I looked up the company name and found this webpage. I told him that I found complaints about his company on line and he hung up on me.

• Sc
      22nd of Jul, 2008

I recently received a standard "last notice" from them, addressed to my long since deceased father, although at my address. I checked them out and found out about the apparent scam (other websites than this, but I don't recall exactly).

Now today, there's a caller ID on my phone from them, but no message. Obviously I won't call back. But Betsy's solution was absolutely brilliant, not to mention hilarious. If I ever were to speak to them I would give 'em Dad's true car data (since he's the one on file with them, and surely he has a car in heaven, even if he was issued wings)--but it's VERY old! One could embellish by asking if they cover cars even if the owner's address is no longer of this world.

Congratulations and thanks to "Complaints Board"--you provide a terrific service. Too bad it's a necessary service.

• Br
      25th of Jul, 2008

the same thing is happining to me these people wont leave me alone they just laugh at me when i ask to be removed from the calling list this has been going on for months and i cant find any thing out about this company i know its not legal because ive worked in tellemarketing before

• Br
      28th of Jul, 2008

multiple unsolicited phone calls to a cell phone even after repetitve demands to be put no call list

• Si
      29th of Jul, 2008

SOOOO TIRED OF THESE PEOPLE CALLING ME AND AS OTHERS SAY, THEY WILL NOT TAKE YOU OFF LIST. SO I CONTINUE TO PUSH 1 TO ACT LIKE I AM GOING TO GET THIS INSURANCE AND JUST AS SOON AS I ASK TOO MANY QUESTIONS, THEY HANG UP ON ME AND CALL BACK NEXT DAY. I AM GOING TO BUY AN AIR HORN AND GIVE IT TO THEM THE NEXT TIME THEY CALL... I AM ON THE DO NOT CALL LIST IN OHIO AND IT DOESN'T HELP A BIT.

• Ke
      6th of Aug, 2008

I received a call from "Warranty Division" from 062-278-9776, which I can't find as a valid area code. According to the entity that assigns area codes, NANPA, area codes are restricted to an initial digit of 2-9. How their dailers have circumvented this, and therefore most call blocking software is a very good question.

I then asked the caller for the name of the company and was told "Warranty Division" I asked if that was the full name of the company, she said yes, and I said "Good, because I want to report the right company as violating the "Do Not Call" list. I was immediately hung up on.

• Er
      6th of Aug, 2008

I've had this same company calling me for months almost every day and I can't get them to stop. The other night I tried to have some fun with them by wasting their time. I had the sales rep on the line and when she asked me for my VIN I gave her my license plate number. I led her on for a while, telling her things like I didn't have any insurance and could she help me get insurance. She still persisted. Finally I asked to speak to a supervisor because I said I wanted to buy the service but wasn't getting anywhere with her. When she "transferred" me, the phone went dead.

Last night I pushed 1 to speak with the representative and when she came on the line I said that I was about to close a deal with a previous rep but had some problems so could I please speak to a supervisor. She did put me through to someone else named "Ashley Thomas". I asked her what her position was and she said "front desk manager". I asked her what the name of the company and she told me "The Warranty Division". I confirmed that it was the actual company name, according to her. Then I asked where she was located. She said Atlanta, GA. I thought this was curious since the caller ID says Florida. I then asked if this was a telemarketing company or the actual company itself. She told me it was the actual company.

Finally I hit her with the fact that they keep calling. I told her I have been receiving these calls for months and no matter what I do I can't get them to stop. I don't have any cars that are not under factory warranty and have no interest in the service. On top of that the calls are annoying and bordering on harrassment. She apologized and said she would put me on her do not call list. I told her that was great becaue I've been trying to do that for a month but the calls keep coming in. She apologized again and said she understood and was very sorry.

Finally, I thanked her for her help and aksed if I could get her number just in case the calls continued. Click...

That's when she hung up on me.

I feel like maybe I made some progress though. Maybe this time the calls will actually stop.

• Er
      8th of Aug, 2008

Perhaps I'm going to jinx myself but since speaking with the so called supervisor I have not heard back from The Warranty Division. Maybe they finally got the message that they were not going to be able to scam me.

• Be
      12th of Aug, 2008

I have not received anymore calls either

13th of Aug, 2008

We are having the same problem, I just spoke to Todd (a supervisor) and asked him what state they are from. He wouldn't tell me. I told him hitting number two doesn't remove me from their list. I also told him I am on the Do not call list. At that point he just hung up. How do we get these guys fined??

• Ed
      14th of Aug, 2008

I am on do not call list and they do not care.

• Ka
      14th of Aug, 2008

This business has been calling my company line 3 - 4 times a day for over 2 weeks. I finally went to donotcall.gov and filed a cpmplaint against them. Every time I ask nicely for them to stop calling, they hang up on me. Hopefully they will stop if enough people complain!

• Li
      20th of Aug, 2008

I just got off of the phone with them because they keep leaving messages on my work phone. When I answered the phone this time and pressed one I asked them what they were calling me about. They said you know you called us. The guy "Chris" said that he was the floor supervisor. He would not give me to anyone higher than himself. He was extremely nasty over the phone especially when I told them that this was a government office they kept calling. He made a few choice derogatory comments and then hang up on me. What a scam.

• Do
      10th of Sep, 2008

F & S Lending, now calling itself Loan Offer, leaves an unsolicited message at least twice a week. I began receiving the messages in 2007 although I've never done business with them. I reregistered my number on the Do Not Call List and waited 31 days before posting my first of three (to date) complaints about this company. I always let my voice mail pick up calls and haven't spoken to a representative. The area code is 213, and I'm reluctant to pay for a return call to say exactly what I think. So far the authorities been unable to make this harrassment go away.

Does anyone else have similar problems with this pest?

13th of Oct, 2008

The first part of the call was recorded and said that they had made several attemps to reach me, and that if I did not answer the call at this time, my warrenty on my vechicle would expire, I entered 1 to speak with someone and a lady came on explaining that she wanted to sell me an extended warrenty and that I do not have a warrenty at this time. I then knew at that time, that this was a bogus call and apologized for wasting her time, asked her to remove me from any list, graceiously said goodbye and hung up

5th of Nov, 2008

The Warranty Division is certainly a scam. It took three attempts before the rep could tell me the name of the company. He never answered me about my questions: Do I already have a warranty with their company; and if I do, is it on the car or on some item that is on the car.

This guy was talking so fast and furiously that I warned him that he would have a heart attack if he continued to go at that fast pace. He laughed.

That confirmed that something was wrong. I wanted to know what he was going to do with my information. He insisted that he already had my information, he just needed me to verify it so he would know that I was who I said I was; an identity check. How about him? Does he have a VIN number so I can verify that he is who he says he is?

I requested that he call back in the morning so my husband could discuss the matter with him. Aristotle Johnson said that he would call back in the morning. We'll see. But at least I've had the time to check this out.

Thanks for this site - good work!