Warranty America / Awful company

Fort Lauderdale, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-8002694037
Be warned! I have been receiving lately various automated messages on my cell phone and home phone (not sure how they got my numbers) until one night I decided to answer the phone and spoke with a guy who claimed he is from warranty america and that my car needed an extended warranty and 'should we hang up then my file would be closed and i would not be able to get an extended warranty on my vehicle.'

Sadly, I fell in the trap and agreed to pay $2400 with amex for an additional 4 years of extended warranty. I investigated the next morning and decided to cancel right away. I called and was able to speak to someone who said that my account would be canceled and I should expect a refund in sixty days!!! Not happy I called amex and asked them to start a dispute to avoid to pay interest.

In the meantime I called them again several times but I cant get to speak to someone! They are all busy and I only get a customer service voicemail system. My calls have never been returned. I was also told that warranty america has allowed this company also known as warranty america in Florida to recruit customers and sell them auto warranty. Frustrated!
Va

Comments

Wa
  7th of Nov, 2008
My name is Rebecca Swartz, Consultant for Warranty America, LLC. I have read your concerns and would like to offer my assistance and the following accurate information about Warranty America. Warranty America does not sell its contracts directly; it does not contact consumers directly via voice broadcasting or any other form of telephone solicitation, nor does it condone high pressure sales tactics. However, Warranty America does have many legitimate marketing companies and dealerships who offer its contracts. Warranty America vendors sign strict agreements clearly outlining its policy regarding voice broadcasting and telephone solicitation. Additionally, Warranty America is located in Arvada, Colorado and does not have offices located in Florida or any other state; the phone number listed is also not a Warranty America phone number. I have also attempted to contact the number indicated in your complaint; unfortunately, I have only received a busy signal and have yet to reach a representative. If you have any additional information regarding your recent purchase or any other information that you feel could help our effort to stop illegal voice broadcasting and multiple phone call solicitation, please visit our website at www.warrantyamerica.net or contact Jason Currier, Vice President, at (800) 531-1925 ext. 203 or jasoncurrier@warrantyamerica.net so that he may research this matter further. Additionally, if you have purchased a vehicle service contract from a marketer selling our contracts illegally, please contact Automotive Warranty Service Contract Association at www.warrantybestpractices.com. They will also launch an investigation into this matter and may be able to reimburse you for your purchase. Thank you in advance for your help in this matter and please know that we understand your concerns and frustrations and will do our best to assist you.
Pa
  26th of Mar, 2009
This is NOT Warranty America. We are interested in finding out who it is claiming to be us. If we find out who it is WE will take legal action.