Warner Properties / Frivolous charges attached to rent

1 N. Military HighwayNorfolk, VA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 7572867368

It has been horrible for my son during his 1st year at ODU in dealing with these landlords. The neighborhood appears as if low rental but the cost is high. There is lighting attached to the building but it does not work . There is a security system that does not work. Someone broke my son's lock to his outside door. The landlords replaced the entire door and door frame and billed him for the entire job. He attached a late fee and court cost to the original astronomical charge in less than 10 days after they mailed out the charge. They continue to make frivolous charges and defer any questions to a busy lawyer.

Comments

• Co
      19th of Apr, 2009

Did I mention that the I mentioned the problems with the lighting and the security system because my son's property has been broken into twice this year while living on their property.

16th of Nov, 2009

Broken into? yet their door is always unlocked - no report has ever been filed - and it is known all across campus as the party house. people just walk in and take stuff

• Jj
      29th of Jan, 2010

I agree, over and over Warner Properties has failed to correct our problems. They are concerned with only the problems they can fix and then charge us for. Rent is absurd compared to other places in the area. Would not rent with them.

• Cl
      12th of Jun, 2012

I believe quite a number of people have had a poor or mediocre experience with this company, however students are less likely to write reviews. Housing is a pretty tight thing in the area, and with Warner being one of the dominant providers in the area, it is likely that they will continue to see business from in need applicants.

3rd of Jul, 2012

They are slum lords! They take advantage of their tenants because they know they are young and inexperienced in dealing with bottom-feeders like them. My daughter and her roommates had problems from day 1 them them keeping appointments, returning phone calls, and getting things fixed (that never worked to begin with). The agent, Lindsay, that they dealt with would schedule appts. and never show, she would never follow up on anything she said would be taken care of, and her attititude was horrendous! I would NOT recommend this company for anything and would love to see other options for the ODU students with a reputable, decent company.

• Cl
      3rd of Jul, 2012

Covered up mold with a strip of paint when I brought it to their attention. My condition did not change, paint doesn't kill mold, extraction does.

17th of May, 2013

For anyone that wants information about the above "complaints, " please feel free to contact the company. I would be happy to provide you with photos of the damage caused by the residents and you can judge for yourselves. Our properties are well maintained, and we have a contractor that handles maintenance - the key is that residents have to notify us if they are having an issue!

23rd of Dec, 2013

This company is horrible. I have had a horrendous experience with them. The appliances are horrible. I have to dry my clothes at least three times and there is never enough hot water for even two showers taking place within an hour of one another. Security is terrible. The windows can just be pushed down away from the frame at the top and actually just fall down all the time. Lindsay was okay, but she left and now the person we deal with is Jennifer Dudley. Extremely unpleasant woman. The rent is ASTRONOMICAL.. RIDICULOUSLY expensive for the size of the apartment. This company will bully you and threaten you.

• Ka
      11th of Sep, 2015

My youngest son lived in a rental from this company. The house was broken into during christmas. He moved out in late June early July. His roommates moved out in early august. No exit walk through. They were contacted and told there was unreported water damage inside a wall. How would anyone see that. The boys responded they did not know about any damage. Now almost 2 months later they are notified they owe the company $4000.00 in damages. This is ridiculous. No way this will go uncontested. My oldest son rented from them for 3 years. They were not quick on repairs. When my son moved out (there were 5roomates). There was a $2000.00 damage charge to replace things like the spool in a toilet paper holder, cheap window mini blinds replace old worn carpet. This is not a company we would ever do business with again or recommend to anyone