Warhammer Online: Age of R. / Customer Service

1 AZ, United States Review updated:

When this product (Warhammer Online) was purchased there was a promise of customer support by the creators of this product. During the early stages the customer service was there and seemed to match the service agreement. In the past 4 months there is no in game service at all. On 2 separate occasions requests for assistance, which can only be accessed from inside the game or via an on-line submit form have gone unanswered or answered 3 weeks later. This is not the promised service.

One specific recent issue is Ticket#: 6690079. This request was made 3 weeks ago and answered recently in email form. You must be online and in game to receive customer support and as we all know we cannot be logged in 24/7. This is not customer support as it is defined by the industry. Contacting the EA phone number listed on the website gives you no option for customer support. EA can only provide billing support. Contacting the EA support number at 9:35 AM on March 10th, the billing support rep told me that I could not have the phone number for Mythic nor could I have the address for EA in order to file a complaint. This is not the support that was mentioned by developers and creators when the game was sold. Again, this is one issue of many. There are thousands that have the same issues with no other recourse than to file complains via the BBB.

Comments

Bi
  19th of Mar, 2009

Hey skyfyremt,

I just saw a recent post of yours and noticed that you have been having some problems with customer support. I wanted to invite you to participate on our new website and send any rants or raves you have about CS to rant@wtfgm.com. WTFGM is going to be a place for players to shine a spotlight on the dark underbelly of customer support. There will be comics, polls, videos, forums and of course a place to call out the best and worst support that our favorite companies have to offer. If your experience is chosen you may be featured on the front page of the site when we launch (which should be in a couple of weeks) or you may even be eligible for a cool gift! We think it’s going to be a lot of fun, so if you get a chance, please participate!

Fl
  6th of May, 2009

In the last ffew weeks i have seen customer support go from bad to worse, and now when you file a CSR report more than once you get told

"Any further appeals you submit will be considered an abuse of the appeal system and action may be taken against your account for this"

and this was following a request for clarification on why a loot bag could not be restored

Ba
  13th of Jun, 2009

I've being complaining about password recovery for my soon and have not been getting anywhere since nov 08
yet they still take his money

3rd of Jul, 2009

I suggest you read this (from the bottom up) BEFORE you spend any money on Warhammer Onlie.

That answer doesn't make any more sense than the answers the first guy gave.! I bought the installation disk _*BECAUSE IT CAME WITH THIRTY DAYS OF GAME TIME INCLUDED!!!*_ I don't think I should have to spend more money, or trust you with my credit card information, to get what I thought I was getting for my _*ORIGINAL $40.00!!!*_ Why would anyone in their right mind buy an installation disk for a game that can't be played except through your online platform unless it came with some form of initial access included?

If this is how you are handling this I will continue to post my dissatisfaction in the gamer forums and chat rooms we frequent. I will never recommend Warhammer and will disparage the game and your company at every opportunity.

EA Customer Service wrote:
> Recently you requested personal assistance from our on-line support center. Below is a summary of your request and our response.
> We will assume your issue has been resolved if we do not hear from you within 144 hours.
> Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.
> MLINK: http://eawarhammer.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/eawarhammer.cfg/php/enduser/cci/ecp_direct.php?p_userid=agraves@spinnakerresorts.com&p_next_page=myq_upd.php&p_iid=15654002&p_created=1245867175
> To access your question from our support site, click here.
> Subject
> Discussion Thread
> Response (Charles N.)
> 07/01/2009 08:48 AM
> Greetings,
> Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts.
> When setting up an account you must first enter either a pre paid time card or a valid credit card in order to create an account. Once the account is created you will be able to access the game for free for 30 days. After that time you can cancel the game and not be charged on the credit card or if you used a pre paid time card the account will continue to use this as the payment method.
> If you have any further questions or concerns please reply to this email or visit our extensive knowledge base online at http://support.ea.com.
> Charles N
> EA Online Support
> 06/27/2009 10:16 PM
> Hello,
> Thank you for your patience. It looks as though the issue you have submitted is more complex than it seemed initially. We require more time for investigation, but rest assured we are working hard to resolve your issue in a timely manner. We encourage you to update your incident with any additional information that might help us fix your problem faster. To update your incident, click on the To view or update your question from our support site, click here link.
> We appreciate the opportunity to assist you and look forward to getting you back in the game!
> Please let us know if there is anything else needed.
> Sincerely,
> Player Relations
> Electronic Arts.
> 06/27/2009 06:48 AM
> ==================== text File Attachment ====================
> Attachment 2.txt, 7658 bytes, added to incident
> 06/26/2009 08:08 PM
> Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts.
> I am sorry for any confusion. Once you enter your billing information, it does not mean that your credit card will be charged for another month. Once you are over your free trail of a month then you can cancel your subscription, please assured that your credit card will not be charged, this is only process of the registering your game.
> I am sorry for any inconvenience caused to you so far.
> If there is anything else we can help you with please let me know.
> EA Online Support.
> 06/26/2009 06:33 AM
> ==================== text File Attachment ====================
> Attachment 1.txt, 9350 bytes, added to incident
> 06/25/2009 08:02 PM
> Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts.
> I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused to you so far.
> To pass through the registration process, you do need to enter your billing information, either you do need to enter your credit card information or game time code, only then you will be able to have even a month of free trail which comes with the new game.
> If there is anything else we can help you with please let me know.
> EA Online Support.
> 06/25/2009 06:18 AM
> My son spent two days trying to install this game and get it to work.
> When he couldn't get it to work, I brought the laptop and game to work
> to see what I can do with it. When I couldn't get it to work, I tried
> your online help option. Now you tell me to call, what looks like a long
> distance number on my dime, because you are worried about, "the
> sensitive nature" of my question. *The question is why won't the product
> code work?* Thanks for nothing!! This has been more trouble than it is
> worth. I will just eat the 40 dollars I spent on the game and figure I
> just got screwed by another online scam. My son and I will just
> recommend World of Warcraft to our friends because it is easier to deal
> with.(going on two years as a subscriber and have never had to contact
> customer support.)
> EA Customer Service wrote:
> >
> > Recently you requested personal assistance from our on-line support
> > center. Below is a summary of your request and our response.
> >
> > If this issue is not resolved to your satisfaction, you may reopen it
> > within the next 7 days.
> >
> > Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.
> > MLINK:
> > http://eawarhammer.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/eawarhammer.cfg/php/enduser/cci/ecp_direct.php?p_userid=agraves@spinnakerresorts.com&p_next_page=myq_upd.php&p_iid=15654002&p_created=1245867175
> >
> > To access your question from our support site, click here.
> > >
> > Subject
> > My son has been trying to set up his master account. It gets to a
> > screen aski...
> > Discussion Thread
> > Response (EARepAbdiel)
> > 06/24/2009 09:18 PM
> > Hello,
> >
> > Thank you for contacting Warhammer Online Customer Support.
> >
> > Due to the sensitive nature of your request, you will need to contact
> > our phone support team at 650-628-1001. For account verification, you
> > will need to provide the secret word you created when you created the
> > account, over the phone.
> >
> > Please let us know if there is anything else needed.
> > Sincerely,
> > EARepAbdiel
> > Player Relations
> > Electronic Arts.
> > Customer
> > 06/24/2009 11:12 AM
> > My son has been trying to set up his master account. It gets to a
> > screen asking him to enter his CD product key which he does. It then
> > asks him to select which payment option. He selects prepaid card and
> > it asks him for another code. Why doesn't the Product ID from the CD
> > work? It says there are thirty days of play time included. I am not
> > sure what name is on his account, but his email is
> > austinrodgers@att.net austinrodgers@att.net >
> 06/24/2009 09:18 PM
> Hello,
> Thank you for contacting Warhammer Online Customer Support.
> Due to the sensitive nature of your request, you will need to contact our phone support team at 650-628-1001. For account verification, you will need to provide the secret word you created when you created the account, over the phone.
> Please let us know if there is anything else needed.
> Sincerely,
> Player Relations
> Electronic Arts.
> 06/24/2009 11:12 AM
> My son has been trying to set up his master account. It gets to a screen asking him to enter his CD product key which he does. It then asks him to select which payment option. He selects prepaid card and it asks him for another code. Why doesn't the Product ID from the CD work? It says there are thirty days of play time included. I am not sure what name is on his account, but his email is austinrodgers@att.net

Bo
  28th of Jul, 2009

Over the next few years most MMORPG's will be moving to this method. The agent said that once the account was created you will be able to use the 30 free days before being billed.

Just so you know it is stated on the box for the game that the first 30 days is included in the purchase of the game. Valid payment method required to register and play.

31st of Jul, 2009

Bobroberts
do you own stock in Warhammer? I suggest you sell it. Your comments are no more useful than the ones I got from customer support. You assume I can't read and just purchase things without having any idea what I am getting. To create the initial account you have to have a, "valid payment method". When I bought the game I assumed initial "Valid payment method" = product key for the the first thirty days. If a number from a pre-payed game card will activate the game, why not the product key?Instead I spend $40 on the install disks only to learn I have to spend a minimum of $15 more to get my free thirty days. (And I admit I am assuming you either didn't, or can't read the original post concerning this issue, because it is all spelled out in it.) The problem was exacerbated by first trying to contact customer support, and second trying to get some form of reasonable response from them. Basically all I got was, "this is the way it is; deal with it." And that is basically what your response said. I am still waiting for some form of, "Valid Response from Customer Service", and I continue to post on various forums and I continue to say bad things about Warhammer specifically and EA Games in general.

Bo
  3rd of Aug, 2009

You can do and believe as you feel but it does not change the fact that it was stated on the box. The support guy even said that after you create the account and use the free time you can cancel the account with out being charged "After that time you can cancel the game and not be charged on the credit card or if you used a pre paid time card the account will continue to use this as the payment method."

When I buy something that says a valid payment method is required to register and play the game I take it as it is printed that I am going to have to enter in some payment information. FYI I have never worked for EA in fact I work for Blizzard lol

3rd of Aug, 2009

When I buy something that says (ON THE BOX) thirty days game time included, I take it as it is printed that I will get it. I would think the $40 I spent on the installation disk would be sufficient to get what I was promised. Regardless, take it anyway you want it the game, the platform and the company stink on ice.