WAMU Credit Cards / Scam credit cards!

1 1201 Third AvenueSeattle, WA, United States Review updated:
Phone: (206) 461-2000

WAMU offered me a zero percent credit card (no interest for a year). They transferred the money through electronic check, then refused the check, then charged me $ 20 for insufficient funds (for the check they refused -- at this time I had a $0 balance and the check was more than covered by available credit).

Then they sent out another electronic check, and before the other bank received the money, showed my account as owing the amount (over $10,000). So, I had a balance of over $ 10,000, a fee for NSF, and no money to show for it at all.

I called the bank's customer service line, they told me they sent out another electronic check. I told them it was illegal to show my account as owing money when they admitted that the other bank did not receive the funds yet. Two (2) individuals told me "this is the way that balance transfers work." When I asked for proof of the balance transfer faxed to me, on four separate occasions I was placed on hold, and then they disconnected.

So, I now owe WAMU over $ 10,000, plus fees, for money they never provided or transferred. I guess it's a gift, from me to them. My other bank, the one that was supposed to receive the money, told me that this is an illegal practice (you can't charge someone for an uncleared / uncashed check - electronic or not).

But hey, it's WAMU- which must stand for "We Ain't Money for You". DON"T GO NEAR WAMU - FOR ANYTHING - THEY ARE OUT AND OUT THIEVES!

(By the way - I called the state of washington and am the process of filing a formal complaint).

Comments

• Ro
      5th of Feb, 2009

i was reading a statement of fee changes when chase bought out wamu it isn't just 31.99% what it had said was 31.99% +the 26.99% current fee how can a credit card company charge 58.98% annualy?
    and they went up on the protection fee as well

• Ro
      5th of Feb, 2009

after they harrassed me with over 40 phone calls just for missing one lousy payment i sent my credit card back to them and called my attorney to file a harrassment suite against them i lost a lot of calls on my phone because i didn't have my phone with caller id but after i got it hooked up i have 18 recorded on the house phone and 6 on my cell phone i told them when i would send a payment but that didn't matter to people that don't belong in this country to begin with because they are so stupid they don't have any idea of protocall
    in other words: NOTE THE PAYMENT SCUDULE FOR EVERYONE TO SEE IN THEIR NETWORK; instead of harrassing people to death and i mean that litteraly, i have high blood pressure and also carry nitro glycerin tablets to prevent heart attacks i had to take one of my nitro tablets because of the calls. i got 14 calls in the first 3 days after i missed the payment date, that is harrassment