Wamu Credit Card / Poor customer service

17580 windsor parkwayTinley Park, IL, United States Review updated:
2.5
Phone: Qu8-7676

I purchased something for my harley on e bay paying with my wamu cards well the shipper packed the box bad and ruined a brand new in the box overhead oiler panheads. When i received them he took them out of the original box. put is is a paperbag box i receive these heads with all the fins on bottom of box. Pay pal is useless when shipped ups the shipper has to file claim and he gets the insurance check. I call wamu to dispute the charge i get great info and write my own billing error dispute i was told ship firs thing in the am wait 30 min call back to confirm they received it. I spend hslf the night getting all my evidence this jerk has my 1300, 00 and the insurance check fo 1300.00 Pay pal does not get involved in insurance disputes so i call back and i get a girl this time she says call back in 30 days??? I asked her where i was calling Philippines she said. so i call back in another hour the guy say the same thing i ask for a supervisor he tells me the same thing so i asked him what country i was calling. he says malasia. one more time at night same answer this time i am told i am calling india. i go to kinkos and they check where i faxed the papers TEXAS so i tried e mail through my account form letter answer. so i write one more time in the header i write dispute charge i then proceeded to kive them the years harle produced the knucklehead, panhead, shovelhead, i even included the bikes for the guys that never kicked a bike i received the exact same answer so what ever u put in the heading that is what color button they push for the answer. the kicker is i cant get a number or email to texas. after reading a lot of complaints from people that disputed charges the don't get a answer and your 60-90 days is up but then they have a new answer we never received a fax and have no record of a complaint we are paying with us dollars us interest thanks to the government can make you a indentured servant to c.c. company.and we make our payments to a us address so i called back and talked to a customer service guy and said i heard they are paid really well by wamu the guy is a supervisor of 100 customer service agents he gets 300 a month american dollars as soon as i get this money i am paying my cards in full. Emergency only i mean if i get my money.

Comments

p.o.b 1611
McComb
Phone: 601-250-1423
www.wamu.com

Digitouch and digitcom charged my credit card account the sum of 39.95 each for the month of 6/11/08 and i have been in a battle with these people since the month of march. When they first started this, i told them, that i did not authorize this transaction.
Wa
  1st of Oct, 2008

Wamu Credit Card - Rate Hike
WAMU
WAMU.com

I've had a WAMU platinum card for a very long time. I had a fixed rate of 8.99% for as long as I can remember. The other day I opened my bill and was surprised to see my rate was now 15.99%. I've never been late with them or any other creditor. I always pay well above my minimum due. I thought it must be a mistake so I called WAMU. They told me they reviewed my credit report and even though I have no late payments or any other issue I'm now a higher risk and there's nothing I can do about this rate. They said they sent me a notice allowing me to opt out yet I received nothing. And of course that option is now gone. If this is how they treat there GOOD customers I can only image if you are ever late. Stay away from these crooks.
Ja
  18th of Oct, 2008

Wamu Credit Card - late fees

When I received this credit card it was to transfer a balance from another card which I did but wamu did not send me a statement regarding this for over 3 months. I called them many times to ask if transfer went thru and no one seemed to know what was going on with my account. They then said my payment was late although they never sent me a statement about what I owed and then they increased my interest rate and never did lower it back to the introductory rate that was approx. 2%. They increased it to 10% and would not consider lowering it back even though I sent proof of the balance transfer and when it was taken from by other credit card. They are also the only credit card I have ever had that will not allow you to pay on the date the payment s is due. Discover card and American Express always allow this and any other card I have ever had. Difficult to work with. Dishonest and uncooperative. I am trying to close this account as quickly as possible by making large payments each month. I made a payment today which is a Saturday and I am just waiting for them to charge me a late fee. It is not due for three days but they have a strange policy of not applying it to your account until a weekday. So I probably will get another late fee which I plan to fight over this with them once again. Yes, I should have paid it earlier but my daughter was sick and I was out of town taking care of her and her baby. Do you think they care?? Do not apply for this card. It stinks the way they treat you. Stink is not a strong enough word but wanted to keep it clean. Try for any other card before this one. Good luck if you have this card. Can't wait to chop mine up.
An
  24th of Oct, 2008

Wamu Credit Card - more that doubled interest rate
Washington Mutual
Georgia
Phone: 9255480500

I was 7 days late due to a mail problem for the first time and my interest rate was more that doubled without warning on existing balances on my next statement. my credit rating is 706 and this is greed and bad banking practice at it's worse. If this is not fixed the entire credit card bussiness will follow the mortgage business. People will walk away from credit cards. This practice need to stop now.

Angela
Th
  3rd of Nov, 2008
I called in and got agent 488462 in ref to account 5409-7925-0051-5521 and to bill I got after I was told that the payment I made online on 10/06/08 for 592.68 would clear the card this agent could not explain the 4.90 bill when i asked to speack to sup he keep saying that sup would tell me the same thing i told him i did not want to talk to him any more i wanted a sup so after the 5 time he put back in the call queue without getting a sup so i findly got a hold of Alex and she was great I also got to talk to sup and now my account is good other than the one agent it has been good dealing with your call center and company thanks so much
Co
  6th of Nov, 2008
also have a aWaMu card and they raise my rate to 23.99 have never been late...and said they sent an opt out which I never received...and told me there was nothing they could do to help me...looks like they are getting greedy and greedier...I guess we are paying for JPmorgans purchase of WaMu .
Al
  14th of Nov, 2008

Wamu Credit Card - Cancelation of part of my credit
wamu creit card
13471 S W 62 St # 2
Miami
Florida
Phone: 7863165493

I paid my account by internet and then never went thru, therefore I paid by phone more that I spouse to pay it was 25.00 and I paid 45.00, after that ipaid 100.00, however I have credit for 2000, and it was reduced to 1337, becuse the reaso of payment, now i want to paid as soon as posible and close the account with WAMU credit card.
Sa
  24th of Nov, 2008
as connie williams wrote, I had the same thing happen to me, as with the other complaints. Can't the gov. do something about these jerks?? When gas was over 4.00 a gal. many had to use their credit cards. I didn't but many did. People like wa mu are the reason the citizens are hurting more and more.
a lousy attempt to get more money since they couldn't handle business right.
Shame, Shame
Sa
  26th of Jan, 2009
Wamu is terrible. I have a credit card and always have paid on time for years and they jsut increased my interest rate from 9% to 20% cause they are greedy. I am so upset and they dont care about people even they are hurting. When i called i was treated horribly and said oh well you have to pay or well send you to collections. I have one other credit card through b of a and they are so willing to help you out with this stuff. Only this would happen with WAMU.