Wamu/chase Credit Cards / Finance charges

1 Plainsboro, NJ, United States Review updated:

I have been a Wamu customer for more than 2 years. I have been using their card exclusively and pay off the total amount due at the end of every month.
I use the bill pay facility to ensure that the bills are paid on time.
In March, 2009, when the merger between Chase and Wamu was being completed, I did not receive the physical statement and nor did I receive the e-bill for the month of February2009.
As soon as their servers went online I received the e-bill for March on March 9 and lo and behold there was a finance charge for a statement that was never received.
I called up customer service and informed them of the problem. After being kept on hold for ages and being passed around like a bowl of chips on Superbowl day, I was told to be more careful about my bills and to let them know when the bill has not been received. Hello...customer service or customer surmons??????
As soon as I received the March bill, I paid it off in full even though it was only the February bill that was due and the March bill was not due till next month.
I think it was during the transition that they lost track of what was happening...and now I am dinged for their ineffeciency.
Thank you Chase...but I think I was better off with Wamu.

Comments

• Wh
      17th of Mar, 2009

I am experiencing a similar situation. I feel very angry with chase and cannot express how much I miss WAMU.

First they did not send me a statement for Feb 2009 or email alerts, so feeling suspicious I checked online. I was about 3 days late. I immediately paid my bill in full, but was still stuck with the finance charge.

Then the injustice doesn't stop there, I was charged a huge finance charge, something that I never experienced with WAMU.

Oh but the fun really begins when you start talking to these Chase idiot reps. They are probably the meanst and most unreasonable people ever.

Not only do they not listen to you, after you waited for ages for them to pick up, a guy name Jan told me "well sir you're not with WAMU anymore, this is Chase" YES I've noticed!

Feeling so put off and angry and spending 3 hours on the phone, I decided to cancel my card. So I was shuffled around some more until I got to a guy name Maurice. He is just as incompetent as Jan, he tells me that he cannot close the account until this cycle ends. WHICH is 3 DAYS from today. Can you believe it? It is okay for me to wait on Chase and waste my time some more just so they can get their system together!
    I would like to charge Chase for wasting my time!

Chase has really turned itself into an even more stupid organization with even plenty of incompetent, inefficient, and ignorant people. PLEASE Chase if you're going to become a money crazed, blood sucking evil corporation, hire someone who can speak intelligently and work efficiently!!!

AND by the way, you have just lost a customer who's never missed a payment or even late for one. Who will tell all his friends and family about your evil doings. By word-of-mouth, us angry customers will take you down.

STUPID company! DON't you know we have capitalistic market, the way you're running the credit business will not give a sustainable supply of reliable customer base!

• Wh
      17th of Mar, 2009

CHASE SUCKS!

• Br
      21st of Mar, 2009

I have the same thing happens to me as well and I'm very angry and I will not do business with CHASE anymore!!!

• Km
      25th of Mar, 2009

I'm having similar problems with these jerks. I received a late fee and increase in APR. The customer service reps were rude and just kept repeating the same crap over and over again. They are just making money off of everyone and I will not keep my account with them. JERKS!!

• At
      20th of Apr, 2009

Same happened to us - did not mail the March statement and then charged a late fee and finance charges on the next statement. They claim that their system is showing as mailed! We intend to pursue this blatent theft through all channels possible.

17th of Jun, 2009

I too miss WAMU. Chase has had my account for 2 weeks and has already screwed up. First of all, they didn't transfer my mortgage payment correctly (to BECU). How tough can it be? I provided them will all the correct info--WAMU managed to get it right for years!
    Today, I deposited my paycheck at noon and tried to pay bills electronically tonight. Guess what? It shows my balance as $1986, but AVAILABLE balance as $38! I emailed them and asked what the problem was, WAMU always made funds instantly available. Their explanation is they holc checks! If this was a personal check it might make some sense, but this is a payroll check. What a joke! I've heard they don't value small customers like me and do what they can to get rid of us. It's WORKING! I'm closing my account and moving everything to BECU. By the way, BECU offers the best interest rates on credit cards--I've got 6.9%. Check it out.

• Da
      14th of Aug, 2009

I have been having the same issues with Chase. They are awful. I hope that this ill treatment of small consumers comes back to bite them to be honest. They cancelled my account without notice and gave me some runaround answers about reviewing my experian report. (Nothing had changed on it!) Basically, they're just doing what they can to get rid of the WAMU customers and now my credit score will take a hit. Not only did they cancel my card, but after I paid off the balance they continue to hit my account with charges that I then have to dispute. Honestly, anyone thinking of going with Chase do yourself a favor a do business with someone who values their customers.