Walmart / Wrangler Shirt / charged for something twice

Peoria, AZ, United States Review updated:

I purchased 1 shirt at WalMart and it was rang up twice at $12.97. I called the store and the manger told me that the only way he could fix the problem was if I came in person. The store is far from my house; I was in the area watching a movie and stopped at this Walmart. I told him that I could send him the receipt or fax it to him so that they could take care of their mistake from a customer that frequents Walmart 3+ times a week. He told me no. If I drove to this Walmart for them to fix their mistake it would cost me more in gas then the $12.97. Why do they need me there in person? Very frustrating. They don't care. I will be shopping at local grocery stores from now on. Walmart has got too big and does not care for their individual customers.

Comments

• Ds
      24th of Mar, 2012

Why don't you bring the receipt the next time you go to Walmart which is 3 times a week..

• Ky
      24th of Mar, 2012

Because this Walmart is not my usual Walmart. I was told I had to bring the receipt to that specific store which is very far from where I live. If you read the post you would see that I said I was in the area watching a movie.

• Go
      24th of Mar, 2012

When you paid for it, didn't you notice you were paying too much?

• Ds
      24th of Mar, 2012

You didn't say that in your original post..

Did you ask if you can bring it to the store closest to you?

• Ky
      24th of Mar, 2012

I bought multiple things so it would be hard to notice $12.97. I noticed it when I got home. I never check my receipts because I have never had a problem before and always assumed that something like this was not possible.