Walmart / walmart #100 bentonville, arkansas is horrible!

United States Review updated:

I moved to Bentonville, AR from California a few weeks ago because my husband got a job at the Walmart home office there. I started shopping at the Walmart there in town and had a horrible experience. First off, I have always used the self checkout at WM, but they don't have them at this location. I told the cashier when I had no choice but to check out with her that I wasn't up there to talk to cashiers, and that I also do not like how the store has no self checkouts. She said they were getting rid of them all over now because of high theft on them. She also kept trying to chit chat with me despite me telling her not to talk to me as she rang me up. I also felt as though she was trying to accuse me of theft by giving me theft as the reason for not having them. She then handed me my receipt at the end with an embarrassed grin and did not thank me. I went up to the store manager who was nearby walking the store that I did not like the cashier's attitude, he seemed unconcerned and did nothing. To make matters worse when I was leaving I decided to get a diet coke from one of the vending machines outside. The machine ate my dollar up without giving me my drink!. At that moment an associate walked by with a fast food meal going into the store". I yelled at him about the machine and he told me I would have to customer service to get my dollar back/. He just kept just walking back into the store'. I had to go all the way back in and stand in line to get my dollar back/. I have the names of the two associates and the store manager who was rude to me and I will be telling my husband and filing a complaint?. This Walmart does not treat customers well/. Especially for a store across from the home office from the company they should know better.

Mr

Comments

• He
      22nd of Mar, 2012

So you are anti-social, that is not the cashiers problem it is yours...they are getting rid of self check outs and he told you why...then you tell him not to talk and when he doesn't wish you a good day you get mad...lady, go lock yourself in a room and do the world a favor

22nd of Mar, 2012

First of all, it is apparent that you feel you are better than the employees because your husband works in the home office of the company. Keep acting like a ### in the store and see how long that lasts.. Really, the cashier tried to talk to you? My goodness woman, that is called being polite and interested in your customers. Most people complain about cashiers being disinterested and not saying anything. If the cashier did not try to talk to you, you would be ### that she was rude. BTW what did your husband say when you told him your story?

• Id
      26th of Mar, 2012

But did you find everything you needed at Walmart?

• Az
      1st of Apr, 2012

What is wrong with you? Is this a joke?

You use U-Scan so you don't have to interact with the cashiers, eh? You feel they're beneath you or something? Well, let me tell you something lady - (although, you hardly deserve to be referred to as a "lady") the ONLY measure of an individual's worth as a human being is how well they treat others. Not their job, the size of their bank account, the way they look - nope. It's their humanity. And you seem to lack even a trace amount of it. Your vitriolic, self-entitled arrogance, and smug hatred is disgusting to me.

You did that cashier a favor, I wouldn't want to talk to you either. Please continue to use U-Scans whenever you can, to spare as many innocent bystanders from your disturbing presence as possible.

• Az
      1st of Apr, 2012

You make a good point, in theory. However, you make the assumption that condemning her on this website forum is an equivalent grievance to her in-person behavior toward another person. Logically fallible assumption. Perhaps I shouldn't have used such harsh words, I agree with you there. But I'm afraid I do not share the belief that calling her out on such inexcusable behavior is equivalent to treating another person like garbage when they're servicing you. If we bit our tongues every time instead of standing up for those being mistreated, the people that need to be called out for their behavior would have no reason to stop. That is more inhumane to me than being "nice" to someone who doesn't afford others the same respect.

• Je
      1st of Apr, 2012

Even when you are standing up to people you have to be careful first born triplet. You never know what kind of nutcase you are dealing with. This lady had a child with her and she was in a retail store. She saw this man verbally abusing and trying to scam a cashier. She stood up for the cashier and in turn the man who was abusing the cashier told her to mind her own business or he would drag her son to the washroom and rape him.

1st of Apr, 2012

Jedi, what complaint did you read? Nowhere does the OP mention a man trying to scam a cashier.

2nd of Apr, 2012

Ok, sorry for my lack of comprehension.

• Ha
      3rd of Aug, 2012

Well you should fit in with the rest of the higher ups in walmart here, sounds to me you expect a lot from someone who is making at least 3.00 less an hour than they would in California, I too am from California and hate it here, there is no middle class you are either rich or poor here, they tax you for everything and fine you for anything they can. It is not the people here, I find them to be the nicest, but Bentonville Ar is more expensive to live than northern California, and they can keep walmart, I hate them, I feel I am forced to shop there, any other places, harps price cutters, price gouge you and look like welfare stores, I am rooting for Target and praying for Costco, with the cost of living so high and the wages so low, I don't expect anything more from people who are doing me a favor and waiting on me, I would love to go back to California but now am to broke, you should go back, I bet you anything your from the orange county area, am I right, can you say OC Housewife, leave your attitude, your the only one who should have had a complaint made against them and asked to leave