Walmart / tired of racism

United States Review updated:

Being followed around the store by store employees and store security, getting least better service than white customers, the alarm going off as I am walking out the door and the door greeters chasing me down to check my sacks. It is almost always electronic equipment too that the cashier forgets to deactivate before they put in the sack. I think a lot of times these white cashiers just do that on purpose so the alarm will go off and I will be chased down and made to feel like a thief.

This weekend I walked by one of those demo people passing out food samples and they didn't even offer me one. I didn't even want what she was sampling anyway, but the fact that she didn't ask me if I wanted to try one just bugs me.

I also almost always seem to be the only person these workers on the floor ever greet and ask me if they can help me. I know for a fact that managers tell their employees to do that to let suspected shoplifters know they will be close by so that person will be too scared to steal. I have never stolen anything in my whole life. It is nothing but racism plain and simple and I am sick and tired of it!!

Comments

• Bl
      24th of Apr, 2012

Further more the manager is black which is what makes all this racism much worse.

24th of Apr, 2012

Also they don't hire many blacks. I have only seen one and they are only cashier.

25th of Apr, 2012

Where is the racism I ask.

26th of Apr, 2012

Again I ask where am I being racist. I am just complaining about how I am mistreated because I am black.

• La
      2nd of May, 2012

It seems like you are perceiving that you are being mistreated because you are black. Walmart is a store with crappy customer service. Your assumption that it has to do with your race doesn't seem to be backed up by examples that clearly point to evidence to support it. That is what makes your assumptions racist. I am a woman and I have experienced every one of your examples and it never occurred to me to suspect gender discrimination.