Walmart / wal-mar rips you off on prepaid cellphones
I bought a Net 10 prepaid phone because the price per minutes is set at 10 cents. I also bought 400 minutes. After about 3 months, the phone stopped working. I paid around $50 for the phone alone. I attempted to return it to Wal-Mart in Stephenville, Texas where I bought it, but after talking to an assistant store manager and several electronics dept. "associates", they refused to refund my purchase price. The "associates" even admitted the phones "are a piece of crap" (their words) yet they sure don't mind suckering people into buying them. I ended up with a worthless phone and a lot of minutes, also non-refundable. Keep in mind that Tracfone, the biggest ripoff in the world of prepaid phones, also owns Net 10. It's just another avenue for them to ripoff people around the world. When you buy minutes from Tracfone or Net 10, you will NEVER get a refund on airtime bought, so you would have to be an IDIOT to buy one of their "year" plans. If anything goes wrong, which is almost guaranteed, you're screwed!
And Wal-Mart is just as big a ripoff for selling merchandise from such scam companies that provide the poorest customer service on the planet. And by the way, the "associates" at the Stephenville, Texas Wal-Mart will do ANYTHING to avoid you if you simply ask them for help of any kind. They are very unfriendly. They have a grouchy old lady working in electronics that looks at you like you're a common criminal if you're shopping, yet never bothers to ask "May I help you?". They should have gotten rid of her long ago.
More Walmart Complaints & Reviews
- Walmart / Money Card - money card from nightmare. 
- Walmart / 1000 Dollar Gift Card - gift card 
- Walmart - walmart site to store misleading on actual delivery time 
- Walmart Extended Warranty Center - failure to fulfill obligation of agreement 
- Walmart / Picture Me Portrait Studio - poor customer service! 
- Walmart Stores - paint department
- Walmart Stores - assault at the door by employee 
- Walmart Stores - not receiving my deposit for returning my empty coolant ac cans 
- Walmart - walmart straight talk phone card $32.63 
- Walmart Stores - tires