Walmart Rewards MasterCardcustomer service/fraud department

So I would like to take a moment to mention how wonderful a company Wal-Mart Rewards MasterCard is. Unfortunately I can’t find Anything to give them kudos for. I knew their customer service reps were possibly the Worst I have every had to deal with. Most are rude and make you feel as though they are doing you a favor by A. answering the phone and B. allowing you to have their card. Thanks, top shelf there boys and girls. I think I may take customer service to serious though, could be the amount of years I’ve been doing it and have such great success with clients that I get really annoyed when you scrape the bottom of the barrel for reps. I’m sure there paycheck is a direct correlation to their attitude about the company but hey, you could always find a different career.

I was shocked to find the they have nothing in place to help you protect yourself from fraud. My Capital One card, AMAZING SUPPORT!!! Set up alerts, block certain countries and types of transactions, friendly staff and quick and accurate responses, you should check them out, they are doing it right. Anyway, back on track, it actually gets worse! So I had my Wal-Mart card stolen last year and they guy racked up $1, 200+ on my card, Thanks. So most companies will block that amount, cancel the card, send you a new one and send you on your way. Easy!! NOT WALMART!! They not only refuse to do a charge back until its all sorted out but they leave it on your card!! Ya, shocked me to, still not the worst part. So, I had $1, 200 of not my charges on the card, I asked what to do next, sound of crickets, really?? You are the Fraud Dept. should you not have a list of things a customer should do? Nope, only the worthwhile companies do that, just for fun, call your credit card company and ask them, see what their response is. I find out that he’s been using my card in my town at stores I frequent, coincidence, thank you for making it easier on me. So I take over, I contact the Home Hardware and talk to the staff to find out if they can track down the purchases that took place a few hours ago, we did, they remember the guy in there with his son doing his con man thing. Way to be a role model. Call the Police, they get to my house, we have a chat, they open a file, head to Home Hardware and get the tapes of the guy and off they go. Call Wal-Mart Rewards MC back, tell them what’s going on and ask what do we do next? Get this money off my card and let’s move on with our lives. NO, doesn’t work that way. Ok, what can I do? You have the case number against the guy, you have the police officers badge number, name and contact number and email. “You have to fill out and affidavit” Ok, can you email or fax it to me and I’ll have back to you by the end of the day? “No, we mail it out.” You’re serious right now? 2016 and you still use Snail Mail? Ok, registered letter? Express over night? “NO, Canada Post” Sorry, what??? Ok, wait a week, it arrives, getting frustrated but what else can I do. It arrives, fill it out and have it back in the mail the same day, not the next day, a week later, SAME DAY!! Call them and say, it arrived today, filled out, signed and mailed back to you guys. Suggest maybe they set something up on a website so that it could be done within 5 minutes and it would be auto logged into their system, “NO, that’s not how we do things here.” Ok, just trying to save you and every one of your customers some time and aggravation. Not your priority I guess. Ok, so what’s next, can you take it off now. “NO! Once we receive it and review it and do our own investigation, we can then discuss it with a manager” Huh?? What is there to discuss, I got frauded, you have everything? By this point the guy is in custody, caught with my card and some stolen merchandise. Sounds pretty open and shut to me, we’ll see. So it’s back to the waiting game. Oh ya, and I’m paying Interest on the STOLEN MONEY!?!?! WOW!! So a week goes by, have you received my payment on the account to free up some space and have you refunded my card yet? “NO, you need to wait. We will contact you once we get the affidavit and discuss. It hasn’t been processed yet. We need to see what happens with the charges on the accused” Not sure how that’s my problem but based on all the wonderful service they have already offered, I expected they would treat me like I was the criminal so whatever, brush it off and keep going.

So we end up paying off the whole credit card and we will just have to wait until it gets done. I assumed it was pretty straight forward so they would just credit my card back and all would be well. Life continues, I get busy and to be honest, I forgot all about following up.

So I got confirmation yesterday that the guy was convicted. Cool. Gets me thinking, did I ever get reimbursed? I never got a call, they must have done it and didn’t bother calling. So Stacey calls in to ask. No keep this in mind, they have been reimbursed by the vendors, so they already have the $1, 200+ back into their account. Their response to Stacey, you won’t believe this can actually happen but it did, “You took to long to contact us about this, the case is closed and no money will be reimbursed to you.” Seriously, I called back because there was no way that could actually be the response, guess what, ITS REAL!! The agent spent the entire time talking over me and refused to listen to what I had to say, refused a manager or supervisor, refused to give me his agent ID, last name or anything, would even spell his name. He did tell me the calls are recorded but if I record the call, its illegal and he will end the call. His name is Sameer (not sure on spelling because he wouldn’t) seriously? So because you told us to wait, we waited, you never called us back. This becomes our fault???

I didn’t think that Wal-Mart could care less about their customers I was SOOOOOOO Wrong!!

So what are your thoughts? I’m so flabbergasted by this that I don’t even know what to do next with this.

An
May 19, 2017

Comments

Oct 09, 2018

Walmart master card and their customer service sucks !!!

• Te
      Nov 29, 2018

Hi, Even I am in the same situation. I had requested for Walmart rewards card on Oct 18th. Till date I haven't received any card.All of a sudden today a statement pops up in my mail with 1000$ fraudulent transaction charge which is shocking to see.I never received card but there is a bill all of a sudden.There is no security check before someone activates card which surprises me.Customer service finally mentioned that they will send me affidavit and clear the fraudulent transaction.

Could you please let know what was the affidavit all about so I am prepared to send .