Walmart / Rca / rca 50& dlp projection tv

1 Sacramento, United States Review updated:

In December I purchased a 50" DLP Projection TV from WalMart in Elk Grove, CA for just over $1, 000.00 and purchased an extended warrant.

In April, 2008, the lamp went out. WalMart would not accept it as the 90 day return policy had expired. I had contacted RCA several times and still do not have a lamp. RCA sent me paperwork to return my defective lamp. I called the name and number on the paperwork and it was another customer waiting for a lamp.

RCA is having some issues, let alone committing fraud. WalMart can not help me and all I want is a working television - of course not RCA. We filed a complaint with the Better Business Buruea and just received a call from RCA stating the will come and pick up the TV, but we would not get a refund for 4-6 weeks. Sounds fishy to me!

This television is for my parents whose health is not that great and television is their livilihood.

Any suggestions?

Al

Comments

• Up
      1st of Apr, 2009

I have the same issue it is a hassle to deal with the people they have working on the 1-800 line for RCA. after many calls I am still waiting for the paperwork to come in to send out for the replacement and nothing. I also purchased my TV at walmart not even a year has pass and the lamp needs replacement.

• Ca
      15th of May, 2009

same store same tv! I didn't get the warranty in the store I tried to get it through rca, but needed copy of bill. I called Walmart and they had no record of my purchase less than a month later mind you. Then less than 6 months later my lamp went out. I just got a lamp 2months ago now it's out again. I felt something was wrong when I first got TV. I too am calling BBB on rca and Walmart I feel they are running a scam. RCA doesn't deserve anyone's business. I have been given the run around since I bought this TV. I feel we should all ban together and demand not only a recall but a refund as well. I would also like to know the real reason they discontinued the sale of this TV. I will continue to fight until I am truly satisfied, and everyone should do the same. The more people the faster we will get results.

• Al
      4th of Jun, 2009

Please email me if you are interested in joining a class action lawsuit against RCA/Thompson & Walmart.

• Al
      4th of Jun, 2009

Wow, sounds like you have experience. Well I have worked for judges for 20 years and many lawyers, so if I go through with it I am confident we would come out ahead. But people seem to be about talk/complaining and no action

• Le
      25th of Jun, 2009

I BOUGHT MY RCA DLP HDTV MOD#HD50LPW175YX1, 2006 MODEL, LAST YEAR THE LOUD HIGH PITCH NOISE STARTED, TOOK IT TO A DEALER TO BE FIXED, $600.00 LATER A NEW COLOR WHEEL, 2 MTHS AGO, THE LIGHT GOES OUT, FINALLY TOOK IT BACK TO A DEALER AND IT'LL BE $800.00 FOR THE LAMP... WHAT'S THE DEAL!! RCA USED TO BE QUALITY... I HAD AN RCA FOR OVER 20 YEARS, REPAIRED ONE TIME., DUE TO LIGHTING DAMAGE!! YES, THERE NEEDS TO BE SOME KIND OF ACTION AGAINST RCA, (MINE DIDN'T COME FROM WALMART). I SAVED FOR OVER A YEAR TO BUY THIS... NOW I'M OUT MONEY. AND BY THE WAY, I WAS ALSO TOLD BY THE DEALER IF I WAS TO GET IT REPAIRED I WILL HAVE THE PROBLEM AGAIN WITH THE COLOR WHEEL AND THE LAMP IN DUE TIME, LESLIE

• Ms
      30th of Jul, 2009

I bought my RCA HD50LPW175YX12 from BB, July 2006, Since then I've replaced 2 lamps, and the TV is now in the repairshop. I now need a color wheel, which cannot be found as the part is no longer being manufactured. I've been in contact with RCA/Thomson for resolution. I've faxed them a copy of my receipt and work order from the repairshop. I now have to wait 3-5 business days for them to further investigate and offer me some type of compensation. They say that it will be of fair market value. I'm interested in what the offer will be. I advise everyone to contact the company and stay on it.

• Dl
      30th of Jul, 2009

Funny how Alicia is "14" in another post.

• Da
      28th of Aug, 2009

Consumers, stop buying all that Chinese made JUNK. If it says it is made in China, just walk away. You have to be smarter than the Chinese think you aren't. Or maybe not !!! Stop buying on price...

• Th
      8th of Apr, 2010

Thompson sold RCA years ago under preasure from Wal Mart. Wal Mart wanted the RCA name for their store brand. Thompson sold the name to a Chinese company named TTE. TTE manufactured all of this junk that everyone is complaining about, not Thompson. Do you really want satisfaction for how badly you have been abused? Do not shop at Wal Mart any more. The dollars that you spend at Wal Mart have allowed them to do this to the RCA brand and others. Fight back with your dollars where it matters.

24th of May, 2011

I bought the rca 50" dlp in december of 2008 The lamp went out in 7 mounths took 3 mounths to get one from rca. got no help from walmart. now in the two and a half years I have had it I have replaced the lamp 4 times. At a $ 150.00 plus each time I think we should take walmart and rca to court.

24th of May, 2011

Lets go to court

27th of Aug, 2012

I also bought a 50" rca dlp in dec of 08 lamp went out in three month's took two month's to get a new one have replaced it siw times at a $150.00 each last time it went out threw it out on the street for garbage. over a $1000.00 plus the lamps out the door. yes I am in on lawsuit against rca and walmart.