Walmart / walmart stole money from me

Southern Artery, Quincy, MA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 617-745-4390

I am an employee at Wal-Mart in Quincy, Ma. 02169 I was off from work yesterday and went shopping there. I was over charged for an item I bought and discovered it after I got home. I took my receipt and the bar code from the item and went to customer service to be refunded for the over charge. I was told that employees cannot get refunds on over charged items. I asked to speak to the store manager, any other customer would have been able to speak to them and would have been refunded. The covering manager would not come to talk to me and told the front end manager to tell me that I could not be refunded because I am an employee. I had mentioned calling corporate and they said go ahead. They left the situation like that and stole my money, now I am also waiting for any retailation on the job. Can you help me?

Comments

• Di
      Sep 06, 2010

did you already get a employee discount? If you did i can not blame them for not letting you get more of a discount

•   Sep 06, 2010

Sounds like one of those habitual returner/refunder cheapskate to me, Stealth Pilot.

•   Sep 06, 2010

cheapskates*

• Se
      Sep 08, 2010

Was anyone paying attention to this person? This is one of their employees. They were overcharged. The employee discount will be less after the overcharge is fixed. Why would the store not want to give their employee a lesser employee discount? I worked for years at Walmart and I was never denied a refund on an overcharge. It is the policy of Walmart to give a refund without question if the customer has a receipt and proof of an overcharge. You are a customer no matter what if you purchase items from Walmart whether or not you are an employee. It doesn't matter if it is one time or one thousand times; If you have your receipt the store has to honor your request.

• Se
      Sep 16, 2010

Stealth Pilot, I know what you mean and one thing I would like to know from Joan is did she call corporate or did she just use this to get her money? If she really felt she was cheated by the store she should have made the call. I know that the Walmart I worked for at the Service Desk would give refunds anytime to anyone who wanted one and had their receipt. However, we did keep records of certain people. It would be interesting to know if this person was on the one at that store. I didn't mean that her store had to; But the corporate office when I worked there always told us that it is their policy to give refunds, No questions asked, If the customer had their receipt.

• Wa
      Sep 29, 2015

I was charged twice for the same item the last two times I was in there at the Quincy location. First time I thought human error but the second time was very fishy. The item was rung in... Bagged... And then rung in again four items later!!! Not possible I would have seen her remove it from the bag to ring it in again. Somehow the register was programmed to overcharge! I am sure of this!! check your receipts!!! When I brought it to the managers attention I was treated rudely and told to wait in the customer service line for a refund. I refused and demanded my money back with no apology of their mistake. Lesson learned I will never lower my standards and shop there again!! Bad customer service and scams all around