Walmart Prepaid Visa / took my funds of 250.00 and wont refund any thing

1 Layton, UT, United States Review updated:

I loaded 250.00$ on a walmart prepaid visa card called to activate card they refused me the visa card and told me I would receive a check in 7 to 10 days its been 20 days and no check to pay my bills this has caused me extreme financial problems and now they have no record of the money transaction I was ripped off of the 250.00$ and the load and card fee's. I will never trust or use visa and never use Walmart again please help!

Comments

• Co
      11th of May, 2009

This is common and just another fleecing of America. Wal-mart is a communist enterprise. Yes, I said it "Communist Enterprise!" They sell a majority of goods made in communist countries for up to ten times the amount it costs to produce and ship the items. Not only do they fleece America buy turning a huge volume profit on defective goods, they contribute to a large scale problem of environmental damage. They know full well that within 60 days a large percentage of their inferior products will end up in American landfills.
    This company is criminal to say the least and should be prosecuted for their actions. The most un-American company on the planet.
    Want to Support Communism? Shop at Wal-mart. Sam is turning over in his grave.

• 2t
      28th of Jul, 2009

DITTO THE EXACT SAME STORY HERE WHAT THEY ARE DOING AGAINST THE LAW AND WE NEED TO BAND TOGETHER AND MAKE THESE GUYS HAVE TO ANSWER FOR WHAT THEY ARE DOING. THEY BANK ON THE FACT THAT PEOPLE WHO THEY TARGET DON'T HAVE MEANS TO FIGHT BACK AND THEY NEED TO KNOW THAT WE WON'T BE RIPPED OFF BY THEM. GO TO ANY AND EVERYPLACE TO FILE A COMPLAINT FTC, GO FEDERAL, STATE AND COUNTY GO TO THE GOVERMENT WEBSITE FOR YOUR STATE TELL ANYBODY AND EVERYBODY YOU CAN AND WITH A LITTLE LUCK WE WILL GET JUSTICE MAYBE WE WON'T SEE OUR MONEY AGAIN BUT IT WOULD BE WORTH EVERY PENNY TO SEE THEM GET WHAT THEY DESEVE.

• Fr
      28th of Aug, 2009

walmart prepaid visa should of been active since the time of purchase the card even so if the card is a tempory one, into you get the real one in the mail only if you got the real one in the mail and loaded it first before activating it could of cause some problem since account wasn't activated with the new card in the first place because the legit one that comes in the mail has to activated online or over the phone its possible also instead of using the the tempory card that was active already you use new real card that came in the mail that wasn't acctive or you loaded it at the store and the cashier did something wrong longest you got receipt or some type proof that it came out some account you able to get your money back. and i was trying best to figure out this mystery since there isn't enough information supplied what you say

• Rp
      1st of Sep, 2009

Wal-mart took my funds as well and I am more than furious after dealing with them for hours on the phone today!

My husband and myself, recently laid off. Mother (who lives out of town and was visiting for the day) purchases pre-paid card for us to get some groceries, etc for things we needed immediately for us and our kids. I go online to activate card and am told activation was stopped and to click button for refund. Instead of clicking refund button I called the activation number on the pre-paid card. After going through the entire process again over the phone I am transferred to a call center rep @ 24/7 call center services. The rep explained to me that there was an issue because I have had 2 wal-mart prepaid cards in the past. One using my first name and the other my middle name. (I go by my middle name) On some documents, cards etc, I have to use my full name and did so for the first card. They even confirmed my full name by stating that it was on their records. I then provided her with my address, phone number, SOCIAL SECURITY Number and the activation number off of my Wal-mart receipt along with the pre-paid card number. I am then told I could have my card activated but had to fax them a copy of my DRIVERS LICENSE. This sounded absurd to my husband and myself but they had our money. So having just a few dollars to our name, we had to go pay to have my license copied and to have it faxed. I then call the company back and cannot reach a live person. I had to go through the activation process again just to reach a custoner service rep. When one finally gets on the phone, I am told my card still CANNOT be activated because I did not fax them a copy of my SOCIAL SECURITY CARD with my drivers license. I explained to her that the first rep, "Melinda" DID NOT tell me I need to provided my SS# Card and that I absolutely refused to do so anyway as this was only a pre-paid card. WE GAVE THEM MONEY! I asked if the card could be registered in my husbands name or even mothers as she purchased it and I was told NO. I explained to her that there was nothing more I could provide as they had everything except my blood. I gave them a copy of my Drivers License, they have my SS#, my current address, my previous address, phone number, activation number and card number. What more would I have to do to get MY OWN MONEY back to me. I then asked to speak with a supervisor. After 15 minutes on hold, I began to speak with a supervisor (Heidi) who pretty much sounded like the second rep (Meline) who I had just been speaking with. I explained to her that this was ridiculous, it's a pre-paid card and that I have the receipt in my hand showing where we purchased from them and they have OUR money. I told her I felt like they were stealing from us and that after sending a copy of my drivers license and now them wanting a copy of my SS# Card that I was very weary of their company. I was told it was "Federal Law" to request those items. She then informed me that at that point they wouldn't even except a copy of my SS# card if I were to send it to them. She then told me she would mail me a refund and asked the address to mail it to. I told her I (my mother) made a purchase, they had our money and I wanted the card activated today. She kept refusing and kept asking where to send the refund. I then told her I would contact her back tomorrow after speaking with my step-brother who is an attorney and she stated that she would expedite a refund check out to me via UPS (at no charge to me) and that I should receive it within 3 business days. I agreed but am very weary as to whether or not I will receive it. I find it very suspicious that so much information is need and faxed to obtain money that was GIVEN to me. It's a PRE-PAID Card! Im not applying for credit. This whole experience really has me thinking twice about the manner in which Wal-Mart operates. I even contacted the manager of the Wal-Mart where my mother purchased the card and she thought it sounded strange, yet when she went to discuss it with her manager-she told me nothing could be done on their end. Now, in the meantime...we literally have no money and will be praying UPS delivers the refund. I will never nor anyone I know purchase a card from them again.
    Needing all of my personal information faxed to them for a pre-paid card is crazy not to mention still not being able to have access to my money. It's not right and I will defintely take this further. This has left us very bad off at the moment and its not only affecting me and my husband but our children as well. I just pray my personal information goes no further and we receive what is RIGHFULLY ours.

• Ve
      24th of Jan, 2012

I contacted city police to file a report against this company and Walmart.
    I also bought a Walmart visa reloadable card to pay a bill, I was UnABLe to activate it, , asking me serious of questions name DOB adress social?? I didn't not give then my social thought it was pointless and fishy.. After an hour and a Hal on the phone they tell me they are gonna expedite a refund e
    Because my information did not match and neither did my social.. wTF? I never entered a social, Walmart wont do anything or give me my money back, the company won't send me to a representative just keeps ending my call.. I looked online and was surprised at home many ppl been scammed.. police is getting involved, I'm not gonna let them get away with this!