Walmart / poor managment

1 Glendale, AZ, United States Review updated:

I worked for Wal Mart in Glendale for a year. My work record was great. Not one write up. Then came a old manager, but new
CSS.
They preach about integrity witch is something I have lived
my life to protect. I feel without it what do I have to offer
anyone. Well I guess this manager didn't see it that way.
She wanted employees with casher numbers to sign on to reg.
even if they were not working registers. This would make her
look good and put us on the line for theft.
To make a very long story short she along with many other
so called MANAGERS are no longer there. Now I am working
to get my job back.

Su

Comments

30th of May, 2007
    Walmart - do not honor return policy!

I was recently disappointed with Wal Mart and their handling of a return. My son received an American Express Gift card for his birthday. He purchased a toy at Wal Mart. The cost of the toy exceeded the amount of his gift card so I paid the difference. I was never told to hold onto the gift card for refunds.The toy was broken and my husband and son went to Wal Mart with the receipt to get my son's money back. My husband was told that since he didn't have the American Express card, he couldn't get cash back only a Wal Mart gift card. I brought both gift cards back to Wal Mart and asked them to please cancel the Wal Mart gift card and put the money back onto the American Express card. I was told that they don't put money back on old gift cards and that my only option was a Wal Mart gift card. I think this is very unfair, this was not a Wal Mart gift card, but an American Express gift card that could be used at any store. I feel I should have been refunded since I did follow Wal Mart's return policy and had my original receipt and did so within a week of my purchase.

• Am
      8th of Feb, 2008

Thats not Wal-Marts fault. Wal-Mart did everything it was supposed to. American express does not allow money to be refunded on the old gift card.

• Do
      31st of May, 2008
    Walmart - credit card

i asked for a reduction in my interst rate and you ge money refused on four certtain reasons for not allowing it. you said the report came from equifax. i obtained a copy of my credit report from them and was given a rating of 686 which is a rating grade of A . ihave never been late with a payment on any account in my life .so your reasons of past or present delinquency and average credit utilzation, age of oldest bank cardandtrades with delinquency in last 12 months is total bull. GE money is well known for their scams and many, many complaints of decepectin and abuse. iam sending this letter to theSTATE ATTY. along with my credit report to have this matter investigated, to get your company to stop the lying and abuse

• Bl
      23rd of Sep, 2008
    Walmart - merchandising
    Unicity
    Winnipeg
    Manitoba
    Canada
    Phone: unknown

I have often been in other Wal Mart stores and would like to
    know how come they can be neat and clean with shelves stocked. I was at Unicity the other day and it was sorta the last straw. I counted 27 pallets down the row between womens
    clothing and the nightwear. That was not the only row that
    had pallets, carts, etc. there was unpacked stock, empty boxes,
    all over the store. In the past when you asked for help you got
    help not a point in the general direction, what staff is there is
    trying to unpack so that they can get stock on the half empty
    shelves. The seasonal area is a complete mess, I know it takes
    awhle to change but this is too much! I don't understand why
    no one checks the stores. When I worked retail we often had
    visits from head office, SURPRIZE ones. I am tired of having to go to other stores because of empty shelves and no help.

3rd of Jan, 2009
    Walmart - pre paid visa
    walmart
    Citrus Heights
    California

you buy a pre paid wal mart visa card and guess what wal mart does'nt even exept them on there own on line ordering web site!!! they will still take the money off the card and you have to wait up to 30 days to get it put back on or some how convince visa to do it! there accuse is it is'nt backed by a bank! its a pre paid card you buy at wal mart what more do they want!!!

• Su
      26th of Feb, 2009

I worked for Wal Mart and the procedure typically is, you go on
    line place your order. Then they ship it to the store you choose.
    When it gets to your store they call you. Then you pick it up and
    pay there. That way everything is accounted for and no more
    money chasing.

• Su
      12th of Mar, 2009
    Walmart - gift cards
    Wal-mart
    Pensacola
    Florida

I purchased a Wal-Mart gift card for my father. Fortunately I kept the receipt. When he tried to activate it on their automated system, he was asked for a lot of personal information so he hung up a brought it to me. I called the number to try and activate the card. I had the activation number and the receipt number. The automated system is a phising scheme to get you to provide all of your personal information. At no time does the system say you do not have to provide this information to activate your card. It aks for your: name, complete address, phone number, date of birth, social security number, cell phone number and provider, and email address. I kept yelling no into the phone until the automated system routed me to a person, who also tried to imply that I must provide all of this information. I was furious. They want to send a re-loadable card and try to force you to get it by providing this personal information, before they will activate your card. I was finally, after 45 minutes able to get his card activated without providing all of this information. This is a phishing scam designed to get you to rpovide enough information to have your identity stolen. I am furious, but cannot get a real person on the phone at Wal-Mart to cpmplain.

• Li
      16th of Mar, 2009

In all due respect Mafia is an organized crime group, and if the Mafia shoe fits the Walmart foot... then yes it is one and the same! never ever give out personal information for something as lame as a department store card! Social Security Card? Big Red Flag waving there. Your father is a wise man who has raised a wise child. Thank you for your forwarning, lets hope theres enough other wise people, and children, to appreciate it and be better protected against this kind of fraud.

• Ka
      23rd of Jun, 2009
    Walmart - visa debit card
    Florida

I received a Visa Wal Mart debit card as a gift and I truly could not believe what I had to go through to activate it. First of all, they never told the person who purchased the card that they needed to send me the receipt for a number that was on that receipt to activate the card - it was impossible to get a live person on the phone to help me.
    She finally found her receipt and I proceeded to try again to activate the card and could not believe ALL the information they wanted from me - this was a gift and I have no intentions of adding any more money onto this card. I am spreading the word never to buy one of these cards from Wal Mart - All I know is that when I use this card will make sure I use the full amount on the card and be done with it!!!

21st of Jul, 2009
    Walmart - crappy customer service
    Alabama

I just don't understand why it is that wal-mart employees have no concept of customer service or that without the customers who come to their stores then they would not have a job.

I can not tell you how many times I have wanted to ask a question and been interupted by an employee or been walking down the isle only to have a stocker with a large cart of frieght damn near run me down to get where they are going.

I know you have a job to do and even if you are a simple stocker your very first priority should be the customers.

I wont go to another walmart as long as i live... until they get some decent training for their people.

hello target folks!here I come!

• Ju
      2nd of Aug, 2009

YEs you are right all walmart employees needs a good customer service training, they lack customer service skills and i wonder where does walmart get their people to work for them? in the streets!!! they have the most untrained and unskilled workers...shame on you walmart...

• Li
      10th of Aug, 2009

Hahaha...I'm sorry. I completely agree with you because they've almost mowed me down too but just the way you said "to have a stocker with a large cart of frieght damn near run me down"...it's so accurate!

24th of Aug, 2009

im glad i made you laugh and sorry youve had the same experience lilvixen69

5th of May, 2010
    Walmart - deposit money into wal mart money card account
    Upland
    California

I have a Wal Mart Money Card, all I wanted to do was deposit my California State Tax Return check into the account. Because I had deposited checks previously into the account I was refused service.
    I had to go somewhere else and pay extra to have this check cashed. This is not fair. The purpose of this Money Card is to deposit what ever checks I received and what ever time or how ever many times a week I get one. Because of this Wal Mart lost business, usually after I deposit money into the Wal Mart Money Card I usually shop in the store. Well guess what, Wal Mart lost money because of you today. Tran# 04289

• Ai
      17th of May, 2010

Don't deceive yourself. Wal-Mart's too big to care about whether or not one customer comes back.

1st of Jun, 2010
    Walmart - workers
    Tulsa
    Oklahoma

Why is it now that Wal Mart is hiring employees that cannot speak English? My wife and I are tying to shop for things and when we ask an employee, they can't speak any English? I know that there are MANY people that are applying for employment and are Americans that CAN speak English...why does Wal Mart hire them knowing that their customers are English speaking mostly. If they want to hire some that are bi-lingual, I have no problem, but do not hire non-English spkeaking employees for on the floor.

23rd of Jun, 2010

BlackIrish, maybe you should go back south where you can be understood. Lame post...

24th of Jun, 2010

I think that they are getting hired but somehow speak just enough English to get by. Hmmm...

• Qs
      1st of Jul, 2010

They speak English.. you just want to spout right wing talking points.

• Ti
      3rd of Jul, 2010

Wow. Every single WalMart employee is a rapist? You have proof, right? Police reports, DNA results, etc.?