Walmart / tire

1 ND, United States Review updated:

I have a complaint against the way things were handled in our purchase of car tires. We purchased 4 tires from the minot, nd walmart on 4 / 20 / 2009. We went on vacation 5 / 03 / 2009 to neveda. On our way we were going down the highway and the car started to shake. At first we thought it was the road but it didnt stop so had to find a place to pull over for some highways don't have big enough shoulders. So we found out we had a flat, put the spare on and continue on went to the town of winnemucca nv found the walmart store and a lady came out took our information and said because we didnt get road hazard warranty when we purchased the tires, she said it couldnt be repaired for we road on it well of coarse it was road on when you are going down the highway 70 miles an hour you just can't stop right then an there. Everytime we asked her something she would say we road on it so couldn't help us and we had to purchase another tire. She was not helpful at all her name was michelle in the tire lube express. She said they would check out the tire and see if it had faulty workmanship. They never came and told us if anything was wrong with it, so when they came after putting a new tire on, we ask the guy if he found anything wrong with the tire he said he didnt check and they were suppose to before they put on the new one. Again it was brought up that we road on it and the inside was chewed up a bit and it just broke the seal. I see on the back of my receipt there is a full warranty on automotive service 90 days or 3000 miles. So i think we shouldnt of had to pay for the new tire and we do have the tire with us. I dont think they sealed the tire very well when we bought the 4 tires and it was walmart in minot that put them on. I think we should get a refund $83. 69 even if its in a gift card. Hope you are better understanding then some of your employees. Thank you for listening and hope to hear from you (Bbrnrvtraveler@juno.com) michael k. Brown po box 2125 minot, nd 58702

Comments

• Va
      15th of Jul, 2008
    Walmart - Battery warranty
    Walmart
    walmart.com

I bought a battery at Walmart last night for my jet ski. On their ad board place above the batteries was ever start maxx 3 year free replacement warranty. I purchased the battery and once I paid the salesperson so here is your warranty papers, it has 1 month free replacement and 6 months prorated.

I said no the ad states 3 year free replacement. She said that ad is for car batteries only. Explained to her nowhere on the battery box or the ad does it say there is a different warranty for a Jet Ski battery. I informed them that this was false advertisement. This was not a cheap battery it was 84.99. So make sure when buying a battery to check to see if their advertisement applies to the battery you are buy. I turned battery back into them and will never buy another one. If possible I will not buy anything from Walmart again.

• Th
      7th of Apr, 2009

My 3 year old Walmart branded EverStart automotive battery failed this last weekend. The battery (Model 47-3) came with a 2 year replacement warranty, and a 72 month pro rated warranty. My battery was purchased in December 2005. I was told that their "system wouldn't allow them to honor the warranty." I asked to speak to the store manager. The store manager was unavailable, but the assistant manager told me the same thing.

I have written a complaint to the company.

Please be aware that Walmart does not honor its extended warranties.

• Co
      3rd of Apr, 2010

yeah I purchased battery from walmart for my sea-doo also and it lasted about one year im so pissed off I cant believe this crap. Then they tell me that it only has a six month pro-rated warranty. something is going to be done about this I mean what are you supposed to do? go to walmart and buy a $100.00 battery every year I dont think so! the battery that come inside my sea-doo when I purchased it lived way longer than ten months. THEY ARE GOING TO GIVE ME ANOTHER BATTERY ONE WAY OR ANOTHER!

• Co
      3rd of Apr, 2010

walmart is a rip off!

• El
      6th of Jul, 2010

[ Wal Mart Battery Warranty Read Before You Buy ] [ Walmart Battery Warranty Read Before You Buy ] Walmart Motorcycle Battery has a piss poor warranty! The sign above the batteries at their stores are for Auto Batteries only. Be sure to check the Warranty info before you buy any Wal-Mart Battery. As everyone else has, I to was misled by their add info above the Battery Rack! I just went today [07/06/2010] and tried to get a replacement Prorated Battery and I was told that the motorcycle batteries only carry a 90 day warranty. So Shop Before You Buy and Get It In Writing!

TJ [ Salisbury, NC {Rowan County Area} ]

• Kf
      28th of Nov, 2010

I purchased motorcycle battery about a year ago after having one prorated under the warranty after 7 months. I use it in my 4 wheeler. I went into Wal-Mart today to get another one under the same warrenty only to be told that the battery was eight months old and was only covered for 6 months. They use to be good battery's but now they are crap.

• Js
      12th of Dec, 2010

I bought a new Everstart Maxx battery for my 4 wheeler in Sept. 2009. I on ly used my 4 wheeler a few times during the winter season and I break it back out this year and the battery will not take a charge. Walmart says it's out of warranty. This battery is a piece of crap. I will never buy another battery from here again.

• Lo
      9th of Jan, 2011

WalMart Everstart batteries are junk! I own a construction company and we used WalMart batteries exclusively for a number of years. The last 65N Maxx battery was tested by a Snap-On and Matco tester and they both said the battery fully charged failed. This was a 2 year old Maxx battery. I took it to WalMart and the person testing the battery didn't even know how to set the CCA on the tester. They said the battery was OK. I gave the employee the battery and dared him to put it in his car and try to start it on a cold morning. I walked out of the store.. We are done with WalMart batteries..

• Do
      27th of Mar, 2011

I bought 3 Walmart's everstart Batteries had to return 2 would not keep a charge so I told that back to the store..the person tested the battery said it was good this was the 3th time with the same battery.. he charged it i bought it back home and put it back in the truck this morning the battery is dead again so I went back to walmart this morning HOMER the battery tester guy charged it and said it was bad this time but now the lady is at the front desk is saying that the warranty is out because the last time the battery went bad that didn't put a warranty on this one this battery only lasted for 1yr for the date of purchased..

• Ry
      26th of Jun, 2011

Same problem here... Everstart Maxx. Bought it last summer (about a year ago). Used it in my ATV - probably ran it about 10 times over the next several months (plowing the driveway in winter) . The first few times, the battery seemed to be fine. But after that, I had to run a battery charger on it every time I attempted to start the ATV because it wasn't strong enough to turn the engine. Now, when I put the charger on it, I get an error message from my charger that says "BAD BATTERY - REPLACE." I was thinking of taking it back to WalMart, but after having read these posts, I see that will yield no satisfactory result. Piece of crap battery. It was about $100 by the time it was said and done too; so if you're satisfied with spending $10 every time you turn your ATV/Jet Ski/Snowmobile/Lawnmower on, then this is the perfect battery for you. If not, it's just terrible!

• Cg
      25th of Oct, 2011

I purchased a walmart Everstart battery for my motorcycle. Paid approx. $50 bucks it lasted 6 weeks. Took it back only to be told the warranty was 30 days. There are numerous place that will give me a 1 year warranty for a few bucks more. Guess where I am buying my next battery...NOT at walmart. Lesson learned. I will quit buying from walmart. Check the warranty before you buy. The only numbers on my battery that possibly might be the manufacture date are 05 02 21. This leads me to believe that the battery was years old before I bought it. Service dept was no help at all with the manufacture code. People beware dont throw your money away, spend a few more bucks and get something reliable.

• Sp
      28th of Nov, 2011

walmart everstart batteries are junk.i will never buy my battery from walmart again.
    i tried to return a battery to walmart because it would not start my car.
    walmart tested it and said it was good.
    i went to a repair shop and had it checked and they told me it was junk.
    everstart?no change the name to neverstart.

2nd of Dec, 2011

I bought a MAXX battery for my van and on the shelf there was a big sign "3 years replacement warranty" - After they installed it they gave me a receipt without any warranty information. The battery itself does not have any information on the sticker other than: "Warranty information on your receipt". In the meantime they changed the warranty to 2 years and nobody at Walmart knows when it was changed. Now they are saying that there is only a 2 year warranty on the battery and I can't prove that the sign at the shelf talked about 3 years when I purchased it. I believe that the sign even talked about an additional 2 years prorated warranty, they should give a warranty card to the consumer like for any other product. Obviously they do it for a good reason, not to confirm the promised warranty in writing on the receipt...

• Fa
      3rd of Feb, 2012

I've been buying MAXX batteries for years, none has ever lasted the 9 years of the prorated warranty. Several have not lasted 3 years, the free replacement period. I just had one fail just under the 3 years, they replaced it but gave me no warranty. They said Walmart has change their policy and the warranty only covers the originally purchased battery not the replacement. Just another Walmart ripoff, and false advertising, battery has label 3 years free replacement attached. Another thing is the original MAXX battery had 1000 cold cranking amps and the new one is only 850. This is the last battery i'll get from them unless they change their policy.

• Gn
      5th of Mar, 2012

Brought a battery from Walmart for my 94 HD Roadking. It is an Ever Start battery that lost a cell 35 days latter. Went back to Walmart and was told the warranty was up. Real piss off at Walmart. On my reciept doesn't say anything about a warranty or 30 days.This battery should last at least 1 season. Walmart is selling bunk batteries for big money and not pro rating them. My answer to buying a battery from Walmart is DON'T BUY A BATTERY form Walmart

5th of Mar, 2012

Their MAXX motorcycle batteries used to come with a 2 year warranty only a few years ago. Suddenly they changed the warranty to 30 days for the same product. they won't tell you or show any warranty information at all on the box or the shelf. Only if you specifically ask they will look it up in the computer and tell you. I ordered a battery with a 2 year warranty through Amazon.com for about $ 20 less and received it within a few days. It's an excellent battery with excellent consumer ratings, hopefully more riders make the switch and teach Walmart a lesson.

• Ro
      3rd of Apr, 2012

Dude you bought a jetski aka a money pit. And everyone with a brain knows that those advertisements are only for car batteries. Also, I've seen those signs, read the fine print and maybe you won't feel so mad because it clearly says automotive batteries only.

3rd of Apr, 2012

No, dude. It ain't a "Jetski" - it's a Powerstar, equivalent to Yuasa YTX12-BS (BS like "Bulls**t") but much better. Still showing full capacity after more than 1/2 year. Walmart won't even stand behind their product after 30 days, that tells me everything

• Do
      15th of Jul, 2012

i purchased a lawnmower battery and 3 months later i start my mower and the negative post melted through the battery right under my ###.i took the lawnmower in and had it checked for shorts and they found nothing wrong with the mower so i took the battery to walmart and explained to them what was going on and they told me that they would only refund the battery after three months once three months passed they could not do anything with it. pissed me the hell of i argued and argued and they flat stood there and kept giving me ### about this warranty.i told them it has a 1 year warranty its only three months he pointed behind me and said look 90 days no warranty.of course this 90 day warranty ### was printed smaller then the 1 or more year warrantys so you would not think to read it i say its a bunch of legal trickery myself and walmart can go to hell for all i care.

15th of Jul, 2012

Normally I like Walmart, they have a lot of good deals but do yourself a favor, don't buy motorcycle batteries from them. According to what I was told by the automotive department employee who looked up the warranty on his computer, these batteries don't even come with a 90 day warranty (the usual warranty for anything else at WM) - but a 30 day "warranty"