Walmart Money Card - Visa Prepaid Card Through Ge Money Bank And Green Dot Corp. / can't access money/use card/get a live cust. service rep
I just purchased a Walmart MoneyCard/Visa Prepaid Card last month as a gift, not realizing that the activation code is on the receipt. After reading the instructions on the outside of the prepaid card's packaging, I was under the impression that the card was ready to be used. However, when it was time to use the card for purchases, detailed activation instructions were found on the *inside* of the packaging, where you find that you need your receipt, which lists the activation code. If the instructions were on the outside, so many people wouldn't be in this run-around situation. ..or maybe that is that the point--letting people put money on a card that they'll never be able to use...eventually, the monthly finance charges will go to the company, so they'll have your money anyway.
The company is rather unreachable, even though they provide two customer service phone numbers and a mailing address. Live people do not man the customer service lines, nor is there a section to contact the customer service department on their site. If you do not have an activation code, the automated phone service is a bust (you can't get past the first step without the code). Pressing zero does not connect you to a live representative. Although Walmart can assist you in reprinting your receipt (with activation code), you need to provide the exact date of purchase, or the register number, or cashier, etc.
When your money is concerned, keeping customers at this distance is unacceptable.
More Walmart Money Card - Visa Prepaid Card Through Ge Money Bank And Green Dot Corp. Complaints & Reviews
- Green Dot Moneypak - stolen money 
- Walmart Green Dot Money Card - where's my money 
- Green Dot - unlock accounts 
- Green Dot Money Pak - part of a scam 
- Green Dot Moneypak - unable to fund paypal 
- Green Dot Corporation - intuit prepaid visa card
- Greendot - loaded $1000 in 5 loads and green dot blocked my card
- Green Dot Corporation - moneypak scam
- Green Dot Corporation - green dot visa
- Green Dot Corporation - digital gifts paypal