Walmart Money Card / extra big rip off

1 CA, United States Review updated:

I bought a prepaid visa and i am not a happy camper. The wal mart sales associate was happy to sell it to me but not so happy when confronted about not explaining about the product. I was unaware that the temp card was one time use. It took the personalized card 3 weeks to come in the mail which was supposedley coming in 7-10 bus.days, and by that time my brother had lost the green dot refill pack number. We use it as a source to wire money to each other but are in search of a new method because we are SICK AND TIRED OF BEING TRIPLE CHARGED!!! This damn card charges at the atm and at the card company then again every month. Lord forbid u want to call and discuss the matter oh that will be another charge.I'm a big girl can deal with being ripped off just not by rich corps like wal mart. It is bad enough the way they treat their employees. E mail me @Texsexxy@yahoo.com for the class action law suit. Im serious.

Am

Comments

• Al
      9th of Mar, 2009

to the person who responded to this lady YOUR A [censored]!, this card is a rip off i have one i thought i would buy it instead of a gift card for gas ( i get 3 cents at the pump using a gift card and at first i got the same using this card! now i don't, I just went to bike week so i put money on to fill my bike, ( figured it was a safe way and the visa would let me use it at places other than walmart! so we stopped 4 times 4-6 dollars per stop! 4x6= 24.00 i put 120 dollars on it for gas, and low and behold stop number 5 declined ( zero balance ? ) so i went online, and called what they do is everytime YOU use the card reader at the pump they take 35 dollars off your card and then within 7 (working days ) refund the difference back to you so i spend 20-24 dollars and they are playing with 100 dollars of my money for 7 days and i had to borrow money from a friend to get home! you figure it out !! they are playing with millions of dollars for 7 day periods for FREE they dont pay you interest but they collect it!

• Dk
      18th of Mar, 2009

Walmart has sank extremely low in the past few years with False Adversting of products and services. It is a ripoff. You are charged a fee to purchase the card, load it with money and then call to activate card. When you call they prompt does not understand what you are saying and takes forever to activate, at the end I was told you are ineligible for a personalized card. Why, who knows! Y0u can't call and talk to a human without being charged. Online services do not prompt for problems. When I returned to the store the clerk, front end lead and manager all say that it is the bank not them. I explained that all I wanted was the fee I paid for the card since I needed to purchase another kind to reload, they refuse, its the bank. So now I have useless reloadable card that is not reloadable. Not the first time I have had trouble with Walmart. Several times in the past gone to purchase items from sale ad they don't have item or when I get item to check out, not on sale. Bait and switch. Walmart not customer friendly anymore, out to screw consumer.

27th of Mar, 2009

they ###ing idiots and rip off. thinking about suing them.

• Tl
      5th of Apr, 2010

im right there with u on this, thease ppl are making mad money off this and if ur not paying attention, ull never evan know it, it seems so innocent. they evan charge for not using the card its called inactivity fee." then another maintenance fee every month, thats not evan touching ne other usege charges theve got hidden in there, check this out i was reading up on there card holder aggrement, tell me what u think about this, "Changes; Waiver. We reserve the right to change, delete or add to this Agreement and to apply any such modification to a Walmart MoneyCard that has been issued to you and to value on your Walmart MoneyCard. We will provide you notice of any such modification as required by applicable law. If we decide not to enforce our rights or charge a fee in one situation, we are not giving up our right to enforce it or to charge the fee in a later situation. " basicly saying ### U WE ARE WALMART, hahaha luv it .they've got some good stuff in there card holder aggrement, check it out,

26th of Mar, 2011

I went to walmart to load a check I had received for $100.oo and decided to add $50.00 cash along with it. The Money Center was closed, ( 4pm) as usual, so I had to stand behind 12 people making exchanges, wiring money etc. I was charged $3.00 for the check to be loaded, then the dummy couldnt add the cash along with it, so another $3.00 goes to walmart on a separate transaction. Now I get the pleasure of spending more money with every transaction... $2.00 per purchase. Old Sam must be rolling in his grave... while we try to make ends meet. So much for American enterprise.