[Resolved] Walmart Meat Product / tainted ground beef and beef

Winnipeg, MB, Canada Review updated:

Since Feb 10, 2014 I have waited for Walmart Manager to get back to me regarding a complaint of some of their beef products. I had approximately four pks of Walmart meat that were tainted that cost in around $30.00.

In January there were two pkgs of walmarts ground beef that was tainted. I had just bought them a week prior.

I went shopping again at Walmart and then two pks of walmarts beef cubes were tainted. I still have one pkg as a testement.

All four of these pkgs of meat went brown. I took out one pkg of mincemeat and one of the cubes of beef and even attempted to cook them and the smell told me not to eat it. In those orders I also bought other meats such as roast beef, chicken, bacon, steak and none of those pkgs were tainted. I bought other meats from other stores replacing the mincemeat and cubes of beef and they were fine as well.

I like shopping at walmart and would do orders anywhere between 250.00 to 400.00. I like the prices. Last summer my local walmarts had beautiful short ribs that my family enjoyed.

I put in my complaint on Feb 10tn, 2014 and asked that my $30.00 be given back to me. I don't care if it is in Walmart coupons but I want my money back for their tainted meat.

I have called back Walmart customer services 4 times right up until today. And so far the store manager Jonathan Elias has not got back to me. I have now requested that the distract manager Eric Payne get back to me.

Chefs Gordon Ramsey, Joe Bastianich, and Graham Elliott all advertised Walmart meats on their Masterchef USA show last year. And that is when I started doing a full grocery order at Walmarts. Sadly I am disappointed that Walmart does not think its important to call back customers or reimburse customers for their tainted meat products.

I have stopped shopping at Wilmer's and will continue to not shop there until this issue is resolved. My patience is wearing thin, I have waited for over 6 weeks up until today.

If a Walmart Manager does not get back to me soon, I will never shop there for so much as a pkg of gum again. In total I paid 30, 00 for tainted meat and I want my money back Walmart Canada! Thank You

• Resolution statement

Walmart has resolved my complaint and gave me a full refund for my money. It was a bit of a wait, but glad to say the staff and manager was nice and helpful. I am now back shopping at Walmart.

Di
Mar 28, 2014

Comments

• Re
      28th of Mar, 2014

Did you consider taking the package of meat back to the store as soon as you saw that it looked bad? That is what most people would do instead of ranting and raving here. Another thing is there a possibilty that you kept it in the refrigerator at your home too long., what was the date on the package? I know I had a package of ground beef with an expiration date of March 16, and I didn't get around to doing anything with it until March 22, because I had been ill. Anyway before deciding what to do with it I did some online research and found out that ground beef kept in the refrigerator is only good for three days past the date on the package, and when I looked at it, it had started to turn a brownish-grey and I threw away a three pound package of ground beef. It was strictly my fault because I didn't get it taken care of soon enough. You can't go by how long you have the product in your home, you have to go by the date on the package. When I buy a three pound package of ground beef, I divide it up into 1/2 pound packages before freezing it and this time I didn't get to it in time.

28th of Mar, 2014

By the way, if you want to complain to WalMart, go to their web site. Exactly what do you mean when you say you have stopped shopping at Wilmer's and won't shop there until this is resolved, what does that have to do with WalMart?

• Tr
      28th of Mar, 2014

so what was this so called tainting? how long had you stored the meats before use? was it at proper storage temperature?

• Di
      15th of Apr, 2014

Update: I am happy to say that Walmart has settled the dispute and I got a full refund, which I used to shop the same day.

• Di
      15th of Apr, 2014

redhatter this is a complaint board not a forum for you to troll people that have legit complaints. I didn't come here to have a chit chat with you, I came here to do what the title suggest complain. some people have nothing better to do with their time. sad.

15th of Apr, 2014

If you did as much in a day, as I do, You wouldn't even come up with a comment about me not having anything better to do with my time. Furthermore, besides being a site for people to complain on, it is also a site where people are going to make response, in case you hadn't noticed. The reason I asked you a few questions is because of what looked like some inconsistencies in your complaint. Being you found it proper to jump on me for asking questions, why didn't you jump on "truth is mine" for asking questions too. I am old enough that I have had a whole lot more experience in things like spoiled food than you have had.

• Fe
      23rd of May, 2014

to me it sounds like a lot of these immigrants they come to the country and want everything for free. give me give me give me, , if I went to your country and asked for this, I would get my hands chopped off.. stop abusing the system!!!

• Fe
      23rd of May, 2014

just like all immigrants, they want everything for free!!! NOW..can I go to your country and ask for a refund, or will I get my hand cut off.. please quite abusing the system - take take take is all they do and my tax money pays for it