Walmart / line was sort of long.

1 Canada Review updated:

In front of me was a woman about 50 who was trying to buy 12 items. Yeah they were 12 items and they were expensive items. When the total came up she tried paying in pennies. She had two whole jars of pennies and explained to the cashier that whenever she and her husband made love they put a penny in a jar.

Now she wanted to cash them out. Unfortunately she did not have enough. She called her own mother who happened to be in the store to make up for the difference. After waiting for half an hour for them to count the pennies I thought great finally she will be done and over with.

I was shocked to see that her mother also was planning on paying with pennies. She had two shopping carts each carrying two Calligan water dispensers filled with pennies. She was about to tell the whole everytime my husband and I made love story when the cashier cut her off since she heard this story before. It took them two hours to count the pennies.

Still it was not enough. Then the second woman with the Calligan jars full of pennies called her own mother to make up for the difference. She came with a three fork lifts. She was about to tell her story when the cashier said I know, heard it before.

Luckily the previous two women only owed 1 cent. Counting all these pennies took six hours. They were one cent short so I gave them a penny. I would not have been pissed if my items were non perishable.

But my items were perishable. After waiting in line for eight and a half hours for them to count pennies my ice cream not only melted but was coming out of the carton. My hot chicken meal was cold and I missed the Blue Jays game against the Rangers when they won the MLD division series. (Does not matter anyway because I planned on having the chicken and eating the ice cream during the game.

My family asked me what took me so long I told them the story.

Rather than waiting for me they just ordered a pizza and ate it during the seventh inning stretch.They called me but my phone needed to be recharged after waiting all this time.(almost nine hours.)

Fi
Apr 10, 2018

Comments

• Pe
      11th of Apr, 2018

Should have went to another line.

• 9w
      11th of Apr, 2018

they do have other lines and many have self check out guess you missed them

23rd of Apr, 2018

@9wood It is a joke complaint, you are missing that

• 9w
      23rd of Apr, 2018

@PeterPP guess his mommy forgot his allowance

24th of Apr, 2018

@9wood He's 15-16, of course he still lives with his parents.