Walmart/great Value Brandwood chip in salsa

I bought a jar of Great Value salsa at my local Walmart store in November 2014 I believe. I dumped some from the jar into a small bowl to dip chips into. The salsa is a rich red color, & has chunky pieces of vegetables in it, so I did not notice the object in it right away. I scooped up some salsa on a chip, and just about chocked on a piece of WOOD, YES, A WOOD CHIP- I coughed and it went from almost down my throat to my teeth, where I tried to chew it up; I thought it was a hard piece of dried vegetable or something. I would love to know the "canning/bottling" process on this one, how does a wood chip get into salsa? I took pictures of the salsa jar, and also saved, and washed the wood chip and took pictures of it too-

Sh
Jan 04, 2015

Comments

• Re
      Jan 04, 2015

Instead of complaining on a public website you should go to the company web site and complain. That being said, no matter what the procedure is for processing is, accidents do happen. For all we know that little piece of wood could have been lodged in one of the tomatoes used. All kinds of things can happen and in order make sure you have 100% safe food to eat, you are going to have raise it and process it yourself.