Walmart / poor service at front royal va walmart

1 Front Royal, VA, United States Review updated:
Phone: N/A

My elderly mother and I went to the Front Royal Va Wal mart on Thanksgiving day and it was bad. We wanted to get a jump on the Christmas rush we went to the electronics dept and heard the sales associate named Sean using words that would make a sailor blush. My mother and I both being christains started to leave the store but decided to shop anyway. We then asked this associate to answer a few questions that we had in reference to an I-pod and when we did not understand we where talked down to like we where a 2 idiots in front of a store full of other customers.Is this the kind of people that Wal mart wants representing thier store?We then left the store and both stated that we would never return to any Wal mart anywhere as long as there is still a K mart or Target with in 50 miles from where we live the next day we went and spent over $3, 500 on Christmas gifts at the local K mart and we finished our shoping at the Gander Mountain in Winchester Va the way that I see it thier loss not mine.I have spent anywhere from $250 to $300 a week in the Front Royal Wal mart since it opened but I will no longer buy anything from them not even as a last resort I will do with out first. I will go back to Food Lion for my Groceries and K mart for everything else.If this young man acts like an animal at his job while he is in public view imagine what he is like at home.I just cant believe that he acts this way he used words that I would never use and the bad thing if it all is he was not mad or upset the words where part of his vocabulary so whats wrong with that picture?Then we went to the other associate that was working with him and he gave that person a hard time saying that they where trying to get his sale.We where just trying to find a decent person to talk too DOWN WITH WAL MART BOO!!!

Da

Comments

• Su
      26th of Feb, 2009

Please understand this is not how all Wal Marts employees way
    of doing business. I can also tell you if you call the number on
    your receipt for the head office you will find Wal Mart does not do business this way. So please don't judge all for the bad of one.

• Yo
      27th of Feb, 2009

### you ! get over yourself

16th of Jun, 2010

Yes I totally agree. Many of the employees act like they are in another world, are lazy and act like they weren't even born with brains. The deli is ridiculous and have noticed them not washing hands when leaving rest rooms then continueing back to the deli to handle foods. If you ask for help locating an item you are lucky if you caqn find someone and when you do they say no they don't carry the item because they are too lazy to look.The management isn't any better, all they do is make excuses.Have you noticed the price of food in Walmart nowadays for their genereic items in grocery? The meat coolers aren't maintained at proper temps, and all in all the store lacks what other Walmarts have in other states...COMPETANT MANAGERS !!!

Also you can never find the hand sanitizer wipes because they are always absent or empty and their customer restrooms are always filthy.

• Cu
      14th of Sep, 2011

I agree, last time I went it was 3 hours to get pharmacy to fill my prescription, and they keep telling me 15 min 15 mins and on and on. I am an understanding person but my god. If it was not for a heart attack I would have just left. Then tried to get paint mixed the same day well the equipment was not working and then a new person who did not know what he was doing for training was not even there and no-one to help him. I did feel for him for I waited and seen that the customer before me had the same problem. The tire people and not much better traing Again Training is very important. The Deli, well if you do get something it does take for every for someone to cut the meat plus all I heard from the girl was this is not my dept and I hate it here and it is very mess. only purchase 1 time and never again. Cashiers never smile or say thank you. Very poor customer service skills. and do agree Front Royal is the worst I have ever seen but I do shop at K-mart which is a little better but Walmart does have better prices. I just plan to spend more time there to get what I need. Not sure where they find these people or hiring process or even training, but someone should see what is wrong at this store. I love Walmart and shop the one in Winchester and never complain. Wish them the best of luck on finding people who can train the employees

18th of Apr, 2012

I work at the front royal walmart and I help customers to my fullest extent. I believe that the customer is first. However, here is a clue for your complaining customers. When you do get good service call the store and ask for the manager on duty. Please report who carried out good service. This is logged and promotes good employees. When there is a stock issue, or issue with a rude associate call the store likewise. However, only department managers can order products. So if the stock is bad (which it usually is) it is the managers faults. I repeat, us regular associates cannot order! Secondly, although I rarely get rude customers, those of you customers who are rude, or come in drunk and are obnoxiously rude, go to counseling and stop harassing us. Rude customers, especially beligerant alcoholics waste the time we could be using to service customers. Otherwise, the rest of the customers besides a select few over the time who just are naturally rude, we love you. I enjoy helping you out everyday I am at work and satisfying the customer, which is #1!

• Wh
      10th of Dec, 2012

There is an associate named kathy brannon who is not only very rude to customers but is also a drug user. She grows and smokes marijuana and as long as she works at that store I will never shop there!! Does wal mart not do regular drug test on their employees? Where do they find this trash??