Walmart / customer mistreatment
I was shopping in the Flora Illinois Walmart @ 8 pm Thursday December 24, Christmas eve.
I had been in the store shopping approximately 30 minutes. I had about $50.00 worth of merchandise in my cart, and was headed to the checkout.
Over the P.A. the announcement was made that the store would be closing in 5 minutes.
Although this seemed like short notice, I had completed all my shopping and was approaching the checkout anyway.
After less than 2 minutes had passed, a store employee approached me saying "you have to check out now, we are closing." I informed the employee that i was going to the check out. Another employee accosted me, rudely stating, "you have to check out now, we are closing."
As I moved within 50 feet of the check out I was again told by another employee, that I must check out immediately. Another shopper behind me was also rudely harassed in a like manner.
When I was within 20 feet of the check out I was again approached, and very rudely told "you have to check out now, we are closing." By this time I had been accosted rudely by 6 employees within a 3 minute period while going to the checkout.
Finally, I had been mistreated enough and told the store employee that they could keep their merchandise.
At the door was the store Manager Eric. I complained nicely to him, and was told, that they had families that they needed to get to. He rudely kept repeating "merry Christmas sir."
It is understandable that the store would close for Christmas eve early. It would be ok to make a 15 or 30 minute closing announcement, but this didn't happen. Myself and other customers met outside and all related having been treated rudely and without respect.
I have joined a local and nationwide boycott of Walmart, and advise others to also. Eighty percent of Walmart's stock comes from China and costs American jobs. If you want to help America's economic restoration... don't shop at Walmart... let them be rude, and keep their inferior junk!
More Walmart Complaints & Reviews
- Walmart / Money Card - money card from nightmare. 
- Walmart / 1000 Dollar Gift Card - gift card 
- Walmart - walmart site to store misleading on actual delivery time 
- Walmart Extended Warranty Center - failure to fulfill obligation of agreement 
- Walmart - ethics policy violation. employee assault, harassment, personal injury during the assault, wrongful termination and civil rights violations 
- Walmart Stores - automotive 
- Walmart Stores - game for computer
- Walmart Stores - max factor miracle touch liquid foundation
- Walmart Stores - customer service, ethics committee 
- Walmart Stores - money card