Walmart / false advertising

Kilgore, TX, United States Review updated:

FYI...I was putting "all" my stuff up on the belt to get checked out at WALMART...and noticed the lady in front of me giving back quite a few things to be returned. I didn't think much of it (hard times and all). Until it is my turn to be checked out. Now mind you I divide all the sale items up w/competitors papers, circled in red marker and write down even to the ounces or limits on the items. When I get up there the checker (which has no control of this situation I was being flung into)... told me that WALMART NO LONGER HONORS COMPETITORS PRICES!!! ... Needless to say ... half my stuff had to go back also. I asked when did this start and do we have to get a CSM over here to explain it to me, cause this will change everything in my shopping world and obviously alot others as... everyone was putting back stuff that WALMART usually "meets or beats" their prices. Well I was informed that it started about a month ago...which I buy every week for my home & shop. Didn't happen last week or the week before ... but the CSM said yeah they are getting alot of confusion over this problem. Thinking about putting in my two cents to corporate...but I have a feeling that we will be seeing this on the news pretty soon. I replied to the CSM that had I known about this, I woulda been out of there an hour ago cause most of the stuff I buy is on sale...she replied "no need to get upset & eveything will be fine" ... guess her valium kicked in. I said to her .."believe i am very disappointed...and if I was upset you would of already had the security showing me the front door!" So much for the middle class...and I could tell by the checkers, CSM's and others that they were embarrassed about it also and it wasn't under their control to do anything but relay messages to all the consumers (like me) getting checked out! Thought everyone would like this piece of information...still gonna e-mail corporate! ~♥~

Comments

24th of Apr, 2012

Be aware when you return something at Walmart they say they cannot refund the tax amount you paid if it is higher than the tax percentage where you are returning it. So the items I bought in Birmingham, Alabama (10% sales tax) that were returned in Atlanta (7% sales tax), were not refunded for the total amount I paid. Less than $1.00 is not a lot really, until you figure out how many Walmart stores there are and how many people don't get their full refund x 365 days in a year, and Walmart is making even more money, inappropriately. That is the ONLY major retailer I have shopped where they say their system is not set up to change the tax or to let the employees override it manually.

24th of Apr, 2012

So where was the false advertising?

24th of Apr, 2012

So much for a helpful complaint site. Sounds like comments are being posted that are offensive and inappropriate by Internet Simon Cowell wanna-bees. Try being nice or being quiet.

• Th
      24th of Apr, 2012

If this is true and Wal-Mart no longer price matches, you can expect a lot of other businesses to follow suit.

• Un
      28th of Nov, 2012

I recently ordered an item on line a Braun Shaver 7 790 for 145.97 plus I was to recieve a twenty doller e gift card, the price was fifty dollers lower then any other retailer so I jumped to purchase. Sale went through cc was showing approved. A few hours later I recieved email saying my order could not be processed due to incorrect info on my cc . A day later both were cancelled, I was told by Walmart employee that something was kicking out sale due to there online secuity. When I asked to resubmit transaction they would not honor the price saying it was a cyber Monday sale only.