Walmart / check cashing

1 Manchester, United States Review updated:

I tried to cash a student loan refund check at Wal Mart and was denied "due to information obtained from Certegy". I have never bounced a check at Wal Mart and this check is from a well known institution in the area. The customer service rep at Certegy could not give me a specific reason why. The supervisor refused to give me any further information as to why I was declined. Just that they base it on patterns and algorithms that are proprietary. So if they can deny us based information they obtained with our SSN and DL number, dont we have the right to know what that information was? Obviously, it is incorrect. They cannot randomly deny us a service and not provide a reason. Next stop...BBB. WAL MART YOU SUCK for using such a company. Shame on you!

Ja
Apr 29, 2015

Comments

• Be
      15th of Oct, 2008
    Wal Mart - Web site
    Las Vegas
    Nevada
    Phone: 1112223333
    WalMart.com

I placed an order on line and the shipping address came up automaticly, which was wrong. I couldn't find any way to change it on line, or a # to call. All I could do was email costomer service which is a joke. It took 24 hours for a responce. I was told no changes can be made once an order is placed. I can't believe a huge company like that has no way to help, or fix problems.

• Ti
      27th of May, 2009
    Wal Mart - intrest rate

All I'm trying to do is lower my interest rate down from 19.87 to the lowest possible rate. We have never been late on a payment and often pay more then the mim.

• Li
      19th of Dec, 2009
    Wal Mart - did not receive my 1000 gift card
    wal-mart
    Colorado

I got a text on my phone and i called them they got my information and took the shipping for them to send me my gift card. I have not gotten it yet and they should have sent to me a long time ago. Who do i contact to find out how to get my gift card.

• Kr
      19th of Dec, 2009

If you gave them your cc info for shipping, check your account. Sounds like a pretty obvious scam to me.

• Ru
      26th of Jan, 2010
    Wal Mart - Prices
    Frederick
    Maryland

Wal Mart may have at one time been the "saving place", but don't let this lure your into their price gouging.

For example, black oil sunflower feed for birds runs 34 cents per pound at Southern States. You pay over 50 cents per pound at Wal Mart

I have tried to get them to match prices on this and other items, but they just ignore you.

Shop around and you can do a lot better. Rudy Vacek

• Ho
      31st of Jan, 2010
    Wal Mart - 1/4 full vitamins
    some guy

I bought 4 bottles of chewable vitamin c 2 1n dec.

they were on sale, so I stocked up!

I just cracked the seal on a new bottle,

THERE WERE ONLY 15 IN A 60 COUNT BOTTLE

I tell it seems you cant trust anything anymore!

• Ho
      31st of Jan, 2010

If people dont stop doing all their trading at walmart,
    all the other buisness in that general catagory will go under!
    Then well all be at the mercy of walmart; NOT A GOOD THING!!!

• 44
      1st of Apr, 2010

you are such a ###. you really think wal-mart or best buy is gonna hand over 1, 000 dollars? way to give your personal information off to identity theifs

• Ro
      5th of Aug, 2010

i have filled out 3 of this gift card survey and have not got any thing. i think we should all get together and start a class action lawsuit for all the complaints against wal mart.

• Ia
      26th of Aug, 2010

the reason you have a 20% interest rate is because your credit rating is poor. don't lie and say it isn't because that is how it works! stop whining and learn how to manage your money. you are a worthless p.o.s.

• Do
      8th of Dec, 2010
    Wal Mart - fired
    wal mart
    10815 hwy 99
    Red Bluff
    California
    Phone: 530-529-0916

they caused me to have back suragree then fired me after 12 years of service now where to get a job with bad back

• Kh
      17th of Mar, 2011
    Wal Mart - BAD PRODUCT
    WAL MART
    Sanford
    Florida

I SUBMITTED A COMPLAIN TO WAL MART, BUT NEVER HEARD FROM THEM.
    I BOUGHT WATERMELON FROM WAL MART STORE PHONE NUMBER 407-321-1371, IT WAS THE WORST I HAD FOR YEARS. USUALLY THEIR WATERMELON IS EDIBLE, BUT THIS ONE WAS TERRIBLE. NOBODY IN WAL MART SITE EVEN ACKNOWLEDGED MY COMPLAIN. kha1831@yahoo.com

• Wc
      6th of May, 2011
    Wal Mart - pharmacy
    Hempstead
    Texas

Wal Mart really need to revamp Hempsteads pharmacy.Its unreal.If you order today your lucky to get it tomorrow and if it right buy a lotto ticket

• Tr
      5th of Aug, 2011

iF THERE NOT GOING TO GIVE YOU WANT THEY SAY THEY ARE . THERE SHOULD BE SOMETHING PEOPLE CAN DO ABOUT IT. IT"S GOING TO PISS PEOPLE AND THERE NOT GOING TO SHOP AT WAL-MART ANYMORE

• Tr
      5th of Aug, 2011

If there not going to give want they say they are they should"nt say they are that is so wrong for wal-mart to do.There should be something people can do about it . It"s going to piss people off and there not going to shop at wal-mart anymore witch as more then likely all ready has happen. Wal-mart gets alot of people's money every week . So yes thay should stand by there gifts.

• Kr
      11th of Aug, 2011

First of all, the best idea would be to stop shopping at WalMart because they're completely immoral (just watch WalMart: The High Cost of Low Prices). Second, as other people have said, WalMart HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS SCAM. It's like if an acquaintance's e-mail was hacked and they sent you an e-mail recommending something that sounds like a dream come true. You'd probably investigate it, wouldn't you? I think if you get a random text saying you've won $1000, an investigation is necessary - especially if you didn't enter anything to win. When in doubt: if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

• Oo
      24th of Aug, 2011
    Wal Mart - CAPTAIN PRICE

omg price will die NEXT GAME YOU WATCH IT WILL BE IN THE FIRST FIVE MINUTES OF DOING THE SAME THING WE DID LAST YEAR CALL OF DUTY IS FOR HOMOS AND IS HOMO EROTIC

• Ki
      25th of Aug, 2011
    Wal Mart - For this to be a "new store", I have many complaints
    Wal Mart

For this to be a "new store", I have many complaints. This store is set up like no other Wal Mart I have ever seen. It is a warehouse..not a Wal-Mart. The ailses are set up confusingly and the feel of the store was terrible. Why not just call this "The Wal Mart Maze". Why…

• Re
      29th of Apr, 2015

Your problem doesn't have anything at all to do with WalMart. A lot of stores have companies like that to verify checks. The fact that your check was declined doesn't necessarily have anything to do with you, but with the fact that the check reading system couldn't prove the check belonged to you and that it wasn't stolen. You wouldn't have problems like this if you had a checking account and could use that to cash or deposit checks. Exactly what do you think the BBB will do about your problem? I would hope you have never bounced a check at WalMart, because apparently you don't have a checking account, if you did you would have taken the check there to cash it. Things like this do happen.

29th of Apr, 2015

It has everything to do with Wal-Mart as they have chosen to use a "service" that is providing them with incorrect information. The reasons I do not have a checking account are none of your business or Wal-Mart's. It is a service that is offered to anyone and there isn't a questionnaire that must be filled out before hand to see if you are worthy. Bottom line, someone should be able to give me a reason as to WHY they are denying me this service.