Walmart / moneycard isn't easy and not secure

I am making a complaint about the walmart moneycard.

When you want to use it just for buying stuff paying upfront for a Walmart moneycard they charge a whopping extra of $8 bucks, they don't tell you you have to give out your social security and personal information, then after I bought it I am sure as hell I inputed my social security number accurately and it kept rejecting my social security number claiming it is fake and/or not matches my identity.

THIS CAME FROM MY ACTUAL SOCIAL SECURITY CARD, yet they claimed my information was false.

So I had to call them to activate it and they sit there and want me to send in proof of my identity like I'm a terrorist and all because they refuse to accept my accurate number they claimed required by Federal law.

So they decided to activate my temporary card and they want me to scan my social security card to them without any security or encryption, WTF I will just use up that card and not send that in because I already sent them proof by federal law and now I should no longer be obligated to send more and more of my personal information to some foreigner that could steal my number.

If by law I have to give out my SS# why don't they make it secure and make it where employees can't record or remember numbers so they don't steal my identity.

Wasn't the moneycard suppose to be convenient and secure, it seems like a bother and YOU CAN'T GET A REFUND FOR THE CARD YOU PAY FOR, so it's like they can rip you off and if you can't prove your ID and they refuse to refund you, your lost.

Comments

• De
      17th of Jul, 2008

I totally agree with the consumer about the social security number issue. In fact, I was told the same thing, that my social is invalid and that need to go and "request" a number that is accurate. Once I provide them proof They will qualify me for a prepaid card...My money didn't qualify me..My money only Qualify them as "IN CONTROL< AND FREE TO PIMP ME"

I thought to my angry self, Humm! Wait til I march in that Social Security Office, and tell them, after I have mad it through school. Have two of my own children to graduate from School, Buy two homes and one of them forecloses. A couple of repossesions...For almost 50 yrs now...you mean to tell me ya"ll handed me out a wrong social security number? No argument ..Just give me a new one ..Pal, right now...It's no wonder why I had some trouble getting financed...this number has never been for me .LOL
    So I thought I was tripping when this what sounded like an Iranian on the other end of the phone tells, with certainty...THAT THIS SOCIAL IS NOT YOUR NUMBER! THEY GAVE YOU WRONG CARD! YOU NEED TO GO TO THEIR GET NEW CARD AND FAX ME PROOF!...This is all too funny! what the hell is going on here? I asked Well what kind of machine have they given you to know that this number is not mine?? Can you give me some proof of that? and believe me, i will march right down there and tell them, because me and that number fell out many, many years ago...I been waiting for away out of this married...So please, what type of system or software on you using for these verifications? Right Now, There is a $109. deposit for a pay at pump ( A Walmart gas pump). I bought the gas on 7/3/08 for $25.02, that has already been posted. Bur they say they deposits for up to 60 days...I called the walmart murphy usa customer service...they tell me they don't even take a deposit from pay at the pump...they told me where to send proof and a complaint and i did
    GREEN DOT gave me $12. of my money back and that it!...The point this story is that it's really not AMERICA'S FAVORITE STORE THAT IS THE PROBLEM...IT'S THE STEP DADDY WE GOT OUT OF THE MARRIAGE...GREEN DOT IS THE HUNGRY ONE! WHO IS KILLING ALL OF US BY SLOW POISIONING. i'M gOING BACK TO NETSPEND, WHERE I NEVER HAD A PROBLEM FOR OVER 3 YEARS...BUT BECAUSE AMERICA'S FAVORITE STORE HAD PREPAID CARD I DECIDED TO GO WITH THEM...NOW THE PRIOR STORY I TOLD YOU BEFORE WAS A PREPAID CARD I BOUGHT OUT OF CVS "GREENDOT"...SO I WAS UNAWARE ATHE TIME I BOUGHT THE WALMART CARD THAT IT WAS THROUGH GREENDOT...HAD I KNOWN IT I WOULD HAVE NEVER TOUCHED...LET'S FACE ! WALMART HAS GIVEN FAR TOO MANY FAIR PRICES TO START CHEATING US NOW!! iT'S THIS NEW DADDY THEY MARRIED THAT'S GETTING US...GREEN DOT HAS GOT TO GO!