Walmart / wal-mart's return policy sucks!

I recently purchased a desktop from walmart and decided I wanted to take it back 22 days later. The box to the computer has never been open and with the receipt they denied the return because of a 15 day policy.

When the computer was purchased I was not advised of this policy. If I were I would of accepted the fact of the denial but I WAS NOT! The customer service rep did assure that compaq would take it back. I just got off the phone with them and after about 2hrs of arguing with them they would not take it back either( Something about wakmart being a third party so they couldn't accept it). Once again this computer has never been touched and I do have a receipt! Not only after this incident did I return a 1300 Tv I purchased for Christmas, I am disgusted with Walmart and the rude customer service reps and I will stop shopping at Wal-Mart and Sams being I spend over 30000 a month at Sams on supplies for my business. One customer may not hurt their business but target and best buy will love more business!

Va

Comments

• Am
      27th of Feb, 2007

They don't have to tell you their policy. If you really were concerned about it, you should have noted the policy before buying the item. Go to customer service, and they have a huge poster on the wall that shows their return policies. If you cared, you would have asked an employee or even a manager, just to be sure, before buying such an expensive item. The only valid point is that they should not have told you Compaq would take it back. That was a lie, I'll give you that.

• Cj
      12th of Jan, 2008

Amanda Currie, can you shut the ### up, you are a stupid rude ### that should shut up when told to. You need to stop being such a smart ### ###. If I saw you in person, I would ### slap you like 100 times. People like you are mean and rude to people just because your parents were [censored]es. You really need to learn how to talk better to people, and stop being such a stick up the ### ###.

• As
      30th of Aug, 2008

The 15 day return policy is stated on the back of your receipt.

• Vo
      12th of Sep, 2008

Amanda Currie is completely correct. You are a stupid person and I feel sorry for the Wal-mart employee who had to deal with your incompetence. Their return policy was made available to you and it is a very generous one at that.

• Wo
      24th of Jun, 2009

Maybe you are some walmart employees who are just embarrased by your company. Please, find the correct words to use instead of cursing through out the sentence. Or maybe you're just not educated enough. I had this same problem with Walmart on Friday. I refused to accept their lame excuse that the return policy is on a poster in the customer service are. My reciept however did not have anything printed on it. So I asked for a manager(took her 20minutes) I felt that if Walmart wanted the customer to know their return policy...Walmart needed to print that on the back of the reciept. So after I told her that I'm a customer service Manager myself(thank God, not for Walmart) I got my money. I had the un opened items including my reciept, which the 90 days expired 10 days prior.

• Lo
      9th of Sep, 2010

walmart has the wrost customer service ever. they just care about the money, yeah and the policy are rediculous. So for the employees u must know that yall focus on sale not satisfaction/.

• Lo
      9th of Sep, 2010

ridiculous

• De
      22nd of Nov, 2010

not only is at the service desk it is posted on the back of our registers in electronics. I'm customer service supervisor for wal-mart and deal with this problem continuously WHENEVER you buy something expensive CHECK THE RETURN POLICY ASAP!!

16th of Aug, 2013

Walmart return policy sucks, and I will not buy anymore high priced electronic items from them again.

• On
      7th of Jul, 2016

Walmart return policies are a joke they should stand by there merchandise and take care of there customers Sam Walton would be rolling in his grave

• Ge
      15th of Dec, 2016

I had an item today that was gifted to me through an office Christmas party at work. I didn't have a receipt, but I knew Walmart as the type of place where one could return dirty underwear with no receipt and still get store credit. I had a brand new, unopened box Microsoft Surface Pro 4-- and all I wanted to do was return it for store credit so I could get the iPad I preferred. Until this point, I was unaware of the 15 day return policy on electronics, and I was unaware of the original purchase date. So the customer service guy checked the UPC in their computer to track the original purchase date. The item was bought a few days over their 15 day limit, so he rudely proclaimed to me that this item could not be returned to this or any Walmart. I was pretty crestfallen, having expected a different outcome-- sans rudeness. So I left the store with my item.
    At home, I read through Walmart's return policy online to see if there were any loopholes I could use in my favor. Alas, there was an entry in the corporate return policy stating that items purchased between the dates of Nov 1 through Dec 24 would qualify for another 15 day return window starting Dec 26. I thought this could be the leverage I needed to return my item sooner rather than later. So I went back to the same store I visited earlier and the same dead-eyed clerk was my only option behind the customer service desk. I explained the holiday return policy I saw, and basically asked if I could use that excuse to return the item now instead of waiting another 11 days and deal with the madness of after-Christmas crowds. The guy behaved like a robot that was only programmed to say NO. He called a manager for me, who was also no help. I even explained how ludicrous it was for me to be forced to wait nearly 2 weeks just to return the same item, only because the initial return window had expired (which was out of my control). The manager showed a glimmer of humanity, going to her superior in an attempt to help me out-- but her superior blocked me from service as well.
    When it's all said and done-- I felt my request was reasonable, but the policy and its enforcers were unreasonable. I will never purchase electronics at Walmart on my own because of this awful experience. I advise that everyone else do the same, as long as this anti-consumer policy remains in place.

• Xd
      31st of Jan, 2017

@Gentleman Something amen, dude. you should read my walmart return policy experience.

• Xd
      31st of Jan, 2017

walmart is complete ### with their ### return policy. i had bought a craptop (hp notebook) from walmart on black friday. about a month later, without any warning, my ###Top started acting up (keep i mind that i had never once dropped or gotten the ###Top wet). the screen started flickering, it didn't charge and the touch pad mostly stopped being responsive. even through all that, i still managed to keep it in working order however was barely able to use it very well. fast forward a month later (three days ago), i went into walmart to return the piece of ###. i went to customer service and handed them my craptop. the ### employee lady there gave me this exaggerated and obviously BULL### fake sympathetic expression and said that their return policy is 15 days. now, i would've been fine with this and dealt with if i were told the truth about the return policy. BUT I WAS ###ING LIED TO, MOTHER###ER. the dip### old ### employee guy who gave me the laptop on black friday lied after i asked him about the return policy. he said, "you can return it at anytime. you can return anything to walmart if you dont like it." so now, i'm stuck with this goddamn piece of ### and a waste of $200.
    (i tried calling hp but they didn't give a ### or want to help me. all they could do is repair the ###ing thing. i just want my money back, not a ###ing repair.)