Walmart / cancelling the layaway program
Walmart, locations in Pittsburgh and surrounding areas in Pennsylvania
I am rather upset with Walmart's policy to end the layaway program. I just noticed this change while shopping at the Robinson Township Pennsylvania location.
This really upset me and let me explain why. How many single parents, elderly, people with minimum wage jobs, people at or just above the federal poverty level shop at Walmart? I am sure a very large percentage of their customers. What happens to that single parent at Christmas that cannot afford to write out a large check to buy presents? They utilize the layaway program so they can pay a little each month. What about the minimum wage worker who may need some larger ticket items, television, maybe large household items such as tables, chairs, bedding etc? Can they afford to write out a large check all at once? No, because they need to pay rent, utilities, food etc but they can afford a little each month. The elderly who may want to purchase expensive items, if they are only receiving social security how can they afford to pay for such items? They can't. I cannot imagine even the Walmart store employees not utilizing the layaway program because lord knows they are not making much higher than minimum wage.
I just feel the more and more companies are forgetting about the little guy and it is time the CEO's who make millions realize that all of america is not wealthy, many live paycheck to paycheck and by eliminating some services they greatly affect many people. I hope this complaint actually does some justice and it is read by many people who will flood Walmart with complaints and they will change their minds.
More Walmart Complaints & Reviews
- Walmart / Money Card - money card from nightmare. 
- Walmart / 1000 Dollar Gift Card - gift card 
- Walmart - walmart site to store misleading on actual delivery time 
- Walmart Extended Warranty Center - failure to fulfill obligation of agreement 
- Walmart - ethics policy violation. employee assault, harassment, personal injury during the assault, wrongful termination and civil rights violations 
- Walmart Stores - ami ventures
- Walmart Stores - pharmacy
- Walmart Stores - employee committed slander through private message 
- Walmart MoneyCard - debit card
- Walmart Stores - rainbow vacuum latch