Walmart / awful experience

Today I went to Walmart to get my baby enfamil. I get coupons in the mail for $5.00 off each can that I purchase. Today I was told that I can only use one coupon per day. I have used up to four coupons at one time for four cans of milk. The supervisor today also made me pay my purchase separate from everything else I bought. I also had coupons for $1.00 off powerade and she didn't let me use any of those coupons either. She said I can only make one purchase of one per day. That is not what the coupon said. Do the supervisors at Walmart know there own policies or do they make them up as they wish? I HATE WALMART!!!

Va

Comments

• Va
      30th of Sep, 2008

For three days my daughter wanted a Bratz board game. We went to the toy department to buy the game for three days this past month. All three times you were out of the game. My daughter is nine years old and she really likes Bratz. The third time she was told that they would no longer be carrying the product until Christmas. I demanded to see a manager. I told him about how my daughter was disappointed in not getting a game which she earned herself by doing chores around the house. I did not raise my voice I was just disappointed. I told him that I am a registered nurse and that I spend over $1000 a week at the store. All he could do was apologize. Had he really wanted to make me a happy customer he would have offered me a gift card of some kind, but all he could do was apologize. He did not even apologize to me he apologized to my daughter.

I told the man inside the toy department that he made my daughter cry. Another customer came up and said my daughter was not crying because she was upset she was crying because I was yelling and it was scaring her. She did not cry until I started yelling. This was true but the real reason she was crying was because that idiot in the toy department was not doing his job well and ordering toys. I also told the customer that I am a registered nurse and make 90k a year. I work ten hours a day and do not need smart aleck comments form her just because she is jealous of the amount of money I make. Why I probably make twice as much money as her. The customer and the toy department person's behavior of not doing his job properly leads to disappointment and abuse of a nine year old girl. To top it all the customer was abusing my daughter by acting like she was simply crying because I was yelling. Again I did not yell. I just raised my voice a bit.

I had to go to your store three times and at 4 dollars a gallon for gas I feel that I should have gotten a bit more than an apology. I feel that I should have gotten six $50 dollar gift cards for the trouble I went to taking my daughter to and from the store. I come up with six because I want 3 for my daughter as she was abused when the toy department employee made her cry by not having her game in stock and me having to put up with this incompetent employee and manager.

• Mi
      3rd of Oct, 2008

Saying you're smarter than others and make more money is a ### move lady. go to toys r us. they're doing the best they can. it's not like they can dispatch trucks everyday to bring your brat a stupid board game. You said it, "gas is 4 dollars a gallon."

• Je
      15th of Nov, 2008

You sound like a total idiot. First off why are you assuming that the toy dept. manager didn't do their job correctly? These days most merchandise at Walmart is ordered automatically through a computer system using perpetual inventory so it is not something the employees can order manually. If an item like a toy or video game system is in high demand then it will most likely sell out as soon as it hits the shelf. It will not come in again until they get their next truck. You know what an item can go out of stock in the warehouse too. If you had been smart about this and asked nicely the first time it was out of stock they might have been willing to put one on hold for you when the next shipment came in. But it sounds like instead you just wanted to throw a fit and bully someone over it. When they told you they wouldn't carry the product again until Christmas you should have let it go. They didn't do anything wrong by telling you this, they were just trying to give you some helpful information. Also it is the company's right to decide what they will carry in the store and when they will carry it. They are not obligated to sell you something just because they have sold it in the past and your child wants it. They are also not obligated to compensate you for making a trip to the store - which it sounds like you would have made anyway, since you brag about how much money you spend there.
    What is really ridiculous is the way you called this "abuse" of a nine year old girl. It sounds like YOU are the one demonstrating abuse to your daughter by verbally abusing store employees and other customers. This customer even told you directly that YOU were the one making your daughter cry and you are so deep in denial that you will blame that person for speaking up to you and accuse them of abuse too. It sounds like you are stuck on the idea of abuse because deep down you know you are the one being abusive. And your behavior is setting a bad example for your child for many reasons. You are showing your child that material things and how much money you make are more important than treating people with respect. You are teaching your child to react to an ordinary, small disappointment as if it is a huge problem. Most of all you are teaching your child how to behave like a victim. I feel sorry for your child and feel sorry for the people who have to put up with you for a nurse too. No wonder the manager apologized to your child instead of you!

• El
      14th of Feb, 2009

We purchased a Durabrand Dual Screen Portable DVD player Model: PDV-722. The unit has been working but the internal battery quit charging and it will not stay on or run with the unit plugged into a wall outlet or the cigarette lighter in the vehicles. The unit is not suppose to require a battery to run and is suppose to run thru the AC/DC adapters. We cannot find a replacement battery and WalMart is no longer supporting the product, however, WalMart has them in their stores and is selling them.

• Ep
      25th of Feb, 2009

There is a limit on certain coupons. It should clearly state how many you can use at a time.

• Ep
      25th of Feb, 2009

Just the name DURABAND is enough to scare me away from the product. How about calling the manufacturer and see what they can do about it. There could be some sort of recall for it.

24th of May, 2009

You think that Wal-Mart should give you $300 just because a game that your daughter wanted was out of stock (besides Bratz dolls are dressed like whores and have too much make-up on what an example to set for your daughter). Lady get over yourself just because you are an RN doesn't make your better than everybody else. You say you make over 90K a year in your last rant because the door person asked to see your reciet it was only 80K a year get the facts straight and quit trying to get a free ride from every company you have any kind of dealings with. People like you make me sick.

• Li
      27th of May, 2009

If Wal-Mart didn't have something I wanted, I'd go look somewhere else or buy it online. That's just the way life is sometimes.

9th of Sep, 2009

You're a nurse? Did you get your degree from a cereal box?

9th of Sep, 2009

Have you considered using proper grammar and punctuation when lodging your complaint? I have to say I LOATHE WalMart, but some of these complaints are laughable.

9th of Sep, 2009

The original poster shouldn't have kids.

• Fu
      12th of Dec, 2009

man what people find to complain about. This one is easy regardless, take a few extra people with you and send them to different checkouts.. If this is too hard for you, then suck it up and shut up. grrrrrrrrrrr...

• La
      11th of May, 2010

I totally agree with you on the the supervisor making up new coupon policies. It seems like every time I go into Wal-Mart they have some new coupon policy. I had printed out 2 coupons for $1 off the Lunchables with water. They cashier told me they could only accept 1 coupon even though I was buying two. She stated they can't accept two of the same coupons. The new policy now is, "if it won't scan they can't accept it. The problems mainly with the internet coupons, cause Walmart thinks you sitting at home making counterfeit coupons. Kroger has no problem taking the internet, non-scannable coupons.