Walmart / product care plan

1 Bentonville, AR, United States Review updated:

Purchased TV and 2yr service plan 7/29/2007. on 12/20/2008 the TV quit. I called the product care plan 24 hr service phone # listed & was told I would get a call from the repair service in a day or two. since I had not heard any thing yet, on 12/22/08 I called again only to find out my first call had not been acted on. They even had my address as Bosie, Idaho.(never been there) I then received a call on 12/23/08 that a repairman would be there the following Wed. in the A.M

(12/24/08) but none showed up. I called again that late afternoon to find out the service call was scheduled for Wed. the 31st of Dec. and I would receive a call to set up an appointment time. The repairman called that morning to let us know he would be here in 15 min.(NICE NOTICE) The repairman told us the "power supply" was bad but he would have to order it and he would be back the following week to intall it. Today is Jan 19th and still without a TV. Wal-Mart is good at giving the run-around.

Th

Comments

Bl
  14th of Aug, 2009

If you could read. Wal Mart's name is no where on that 2 yr extend warranty. So you can not blame Wal Mart.

Mr
  6th of Dec, 2009

Nope... blame NEWCorp. They are most likely the administrator of the warranty contract. Good luck trying to talk to a human being to complain, they LOVE to play "push the number and wait" game.

Ch
  21st of Dec, 2009

We purchased a Vizio tv from walmart in June of 2007, the set quit working the 1st time around May 2008. It took approx 2 weeks for a repair shop to call and tell me what was wrong with my tv. They never came by (Pratigan Technology in Douglasville, GA), when they did finally arrive 4 weeks after service call they ordered the wrong part. They then had to take my television and they could either bring it back in 2 weeks or I could drive 2 hours and pick it up in a week. We chose to pick it up. The whole process Repair Now did not follow up or call to let us know what was happening, I had to make every call to find out the progress. Finally after 6 weeks of no TV we received our TV back in working condition.
The TV quit working again on Nov 15, 2009 still under warranty. Again called to place a service claim. I was told I would receive a box to ship my TV to a repair facility and would receive it back with 2 weeks. About a week later, I called back, and was told the process changed and they were trying to find another repair shop. After another week of waiting I called to find out progress, and was told they had given up on finding a facility and were going to send me another TV. The next day a repairman calls to see if he can come by in the afternoon to look at the TV. I agreed, and 30 minutes after he left, I received a call from Repair Now. They were letting me choose another TV, and cancelling the repair. I was then told the TV was out of stock, and would be receiving a refund check in 7 to 10 days, this was on Dec 8, 2009. It is now Dec 21, 2009 and I still don't have a TV or check to buy a new one. I called tonight and was told they had approved the check and it would be mailed after the 1st of the year, and that I needed to refuse a tv that was shipped in error. I called the girl a liar for telling mail only went out one day a week. I called a few minutes later and got a different "supervisor" who told me checks went out the day they were cut and the check would go out tomorrow, and that mail went out daily.
Anyway, I know this is a very long comment, but I want people to know the kind of service to expect from the warranty.

Tr
  25th of Apr, 2011

I CAN RELATE TO THE ABOVE POST I BOUGHT THAT WORTHLESS EXTENDED WARRENTY ON A DELL COMPUTER I BOUGHT AT WALMART CALLED IN THE CLAIM ON MARCH 5TH WAS TOLD A REPAIR MAN WOULD BE OUT IN FOUR DAYS THAT DIDN'T HAPPEN THEY SAID POWER SUPPLY WAS BAD THEN THE MOTHER BOARD THEY SENT PARTS BACK AND FORTH REPAIRMEN SHOWED LEFT DIDN'T KNOW WHAT HE WAS DOING I'VE MADE MANY CALLS TO COMPANY THEY WAS SUPPPOSE TO REPLACE COMPUTER THAT DIDN'T HAPPEN THEY SAID THE COMPUTER LIKE I HAD WAS NO LONGER AVAILABLE ( AFTER ONLY A YEAR? ) I HAVE THEATEN TO CALL ATTORNEY GENERAL AND BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU THEY WERE SUPPOSE TO SEND ME A CHECK APRIL 8TH. IT HAS BEEN A MONTH AND STILL NO CHECK THEY KEEP SAYING IT IS BEING PROCESSED AND IT TAKES 7- 10 DAYS I HAVE TALKED TO MORE THEN ONE SUPERVISOR SAME STORY IT IS NOW APRIL THE 25TH I CALLED WALMART THEY ARE NO HELP AT ALL. WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER EXTENDED WARRENTY FROM WALMART ON FRIDAY APRIL 29TH MY CALL TO THE ATTORNEY GENERAL WILL BE MADE. BY 9AM. WITHOUT BEING PROCESSED IN 7- 10 DAYS HOPE THIS HELPS OTHERS FROM BEING TAKEN BY THIS COMPANY