Walmart / ami ventures... walmart's third party vendor

1 Bentonville Ark, United States Review updated:

I did not know when I ordered dressmakers shears from Walmart that they would send my money to a drop shipper in India, AMI Ventures. The shears were about $15 with tax in a $70 order. Only the shears were linked to AMI Ventures.

The shears never arrived. Walmart customer care FAQ says to contact the vendor, so I did. The man I spoke with told me they cannot replace a missing shipment or refund, they can only give the tracking number. So He gave me the tracking number USPS [protected] 708 which ends in Arizona. It was supposed to be delivered to me here in California. It was not.

Calls to Walmart Customer care resulted in cheery people saying they were "escalating" the claim. I was told I would be contacted within two days. After 8 days with no contact I asked Walmart again for help. I want my money back or the item. Ripping me off is not acceptable.

The longer this goes unresolved the unhappier and more upset I get. I loved Walmart. I ordered every month and looked forward to it. Naturally after this experience I would never deal with them again. They're thieves.

I'm totally outraged. Maybe this is a crime? I'll ask the police.

What do I have to do to get my $15 back? Thank you.

Ch
Dec 3, 2016

Comments

• Me
      9th of Dec, 2016

i am in the same situation filing a claim with my bank unbelievable that a big company like walmart associates itself with such a fraudulent company sold me a toy for $93 dollars that cost $37 in the walmart website thought this is what i was buying but no had to call some shady "company" that sounded like it was someones basement and they wont return my money and walmart wont either i will contact a layer very deceiving.

• Ca
      11th of Jan, 2017

I ordered a blanket from Walmart.com for my daughter for Christmas, along with several other items. I received all the other items with the exception of this blanket from you guessed it AMI ventures. The blanket cost 50 plus tax. I have sent 2 emails, the first email they responded with they would get back to me in 2 days. I have on the walmart site, a tracking number that does not work. I have not gotten a response since the first email letting them know that the tracking number is no good. I let them know how angry I am with this. I then sent another email, and you guessed it, nothing, no response. I had no idea when ordering that this was a third party. I will be very leary of ordering from walmart from now on. Of all of the things I have ordered over the years with no issues, this is the first time, and of course it had to be a Christmas gift that my daughter really wanted. These people are absolutely NO help at all in resolving the issues. Scam artists is what it seems from reading the feedback on the walmart site, as well as the scam reports page.

12th of Jul, 2017

I wished I had researched AMI Ventures before ordering from them through Walmart. So many complaints against them. I never received the video game We ordered however, Walmart Did finally give me a refund after two days on hold with them. I have since been researching this so called company, it is obvious they are fraudulent. I am now working to get Walmart to remove them as a vendor. They changed their name a few years ago, it used to be Erode, smart move considering their business tactics. They now go by AMI Ventures are are supposedly located at 25547 Canyon Crossing Dr Richmond, TX. SO BEWARE.

• Ci
      23rd of Jul, 2017

Same here. Ordered a staple remover online from Wal-Mart and it never came. It was supposed to have arrived by July 18, then July 21. Today's July 23, and it's still not here. I contacted "customer care" via a link in one of the emails they sent me, and the person who answered said, "Hello." What kind of way is that to answer a business phone? The individual was working off a script and could barely speak or understand English. He insisted my order had arrived on July 14. I told him it had not. I told him I wanted my money back, but he just kept saying my item had arrived. Now why would I bother to call and complain about a 7.99 item, claiming it had not arrived if it had? I have far more things to do! This was a time-sensitive shipment I needed to remove a staple from my dog's incision line that the veterinary office could not seem to handle, even after two post-op visits. so, since I'm an RN, I decided to remove the staple myself and do it right. Now the staple has been in my dog's healed incision line for over two months, and well enmeshed with scar tissue, which means it will cause tissue damage and pain coming out, if we can get it out, and is also likely to further disperse cancer cells. I am not a happy camper right now.

• Al
      9th of Apr, 2018

Horrible company. Purchased an item from them as a public library employee and they made returning the damaged item a nightmare. I called Wal-Mart first and was told to contact the company. I called the number listed and it was so hard to understand the person. The person was beginning to argue with me about the reason for my return and did not seem to want to believe that the item was received damaged. The company's representative also did not believe that I was ordering on behalf of a public library, where we circulate outside-the-norm items to the public. I ended the call and emailed initiated a return by emailing the company. I provided proof of the damaged item and the package I believed it had arrived in. Wal-Mart helped with this as the company wanted to charge a 20% restock fee as well as requiring that the library pay shipping in order to return the item. Wal-Mart intervened and got a pre-paid shipping label; I sent the item back immediately and the item arrived at the company's provided address. The next correspondence with AMI Ventures Inc was by email, informing me that while the return has been approved, I was going to be charged a 50% restocking fee for making a false return. Wal-Mart intervened again and although my issue was resolved, I will be never purchase again from AMI Ventures Inc and will be thinking twice before purchasing from any Wal-Mart Marketplace Seller.

13th of Aug, 2018

Worst Vendor ever. DON'T Buy from Ami Ventures Inc through Walmart. I paid over $120 with taxes for 20 hotwheels cars and I only received 5 cars out of 20. When I contacted Walmart they said they will escalated it with the vendor. Vendor does not take the initiative to contact me...I had to contact them. Basically they want to refund me 25% of $120...how does that make sense when I only received 25% of the product...I should be getting a refund on 75% of the item not received.
    Please avoid Ami Ventures Inc as they are a SCAM...Not sure why Walmart would allow these thieves to advertise and sell on Walmart website

• La
      18th of Sep, 2018

I have had the fragrance before, but Walmart no longer carries it. Ordered it online from AMI Ventures. What they sent my smelled like alcohol/water mixture. I contacted them for the return process; Kevin advised that they will not issue a refund, but I can send the product back for "investigation".

Walmart.com should consider consumer complaints before allowing vendors to sell on the website. Walmart plays a part in the dissatisfaction of the customer experience when there are over 1, 000 bad reviews and you continue to allow purchases to be made from the vendor THROUGH your website.

• Ss
      19th of Oct, 2018

AMI Ventures Inc is abusive in its dealing with me and dishonest. I bought an item and the price and item changed somehow in purchasing process. Price went up double and item, not the one I ordered. I somehow missed the problem. The return process was made extremely difficult by AMI Ventures. And they expected me to pay a 20% fee and return postage. Based on wording of emails, I also expect that they will find some other for not making a refund.

• Vo
      26th of Nov, 2018

I ordered Cane Creek 3G Thudbuster Short Travel Seatpost. The price was cheaper than anywhere else and I was confident buying it at walmart.ca But I received nothing. Now I've been in a super long process (2.5 month so far) investigating this issue with walmart.
    Stay away from AMI Ventures, it is scam

• Tu
      30th of Dec, 2018

I too ordered a Christmas Toy from Walmart, not realizing this purchase was from a third party vendor who has a really bad and unfair return policy. I did buy the item, which I now realize was too expensive! When I made the decision to return the toy, I am told I have to pay the shipping and will lose a 20% restocking fee. I am wondering why Walmart would ruin their reputation on such a poor customer experience? If the item could be returned and re-sold through their store, that action would remove the poor customer experience. If customers are not receiving the items at all then Walmart needs to sever their relationship with Ami Ventures Inc.. In looking over the history of complaints I don't see much improvement of service from Ami Ventures and must be a headache for Walmart Employees. If I could tweet I would tell the world to beware of Ami Ventures Inc.

• De
      6th of Jan, 2019

I ordered a Clarity phone from Walmarts, not knowing i had to get it from AMI VENTURES, it took a month to get it. Now trying to return it, is rediculous. If u buy it online from Walmarts, Walmart should provide the refund with your receipt. It cost$71.20 and now I have to pay for returning it.Oh also I couldn't even understand them.But, I do have to say your customer care rep I talked to was very nice, she helped me get a hold of AMI. now I'm waiting for a return label, and I'm not holding my breath.if u want my continued business, please help me.

21st of Jan, 2019

I am also waiting for a refund from AMI VENTURES! I ordered perfume from them through Walmart. I didn't realise I was ordering from a third party. The perfume never arrived ($188.07) I was then promised a refund to my Visa...so far nothing! I ordered the perfume in August 2018. I am constantly in touch with Walmart customer service and am told the issue is being escalated ( whatever that means) AMI is a fraudulent company. Avoid them at all costs. AMI agents are rude and difficult to understand. This company should be closed down...PRONTO!