Walgreens / register rewards problems

1 Balboa AveSan Diego, CA, United States Review updated:

I don't know what's up with these stores or their employees. Well long story short, it always seems like the employees don't know how the Regiser Rewards work. Today I went in, and I had a RR for $4. I was purchasing Listerine for $4. The cashier didn't even try to scan my RR, he said he didn't think it would work and handed it back to me. I had to ask him if he could just try to scan it. He then asked the other cashiers first. the asst. mgr was there, and he just had this stupid blank look on his face. Then another cashier said it should work as long as you purchase at least the amount of the RR. he scanned it and it worked. I don't know why they are always so difficult there. I usually don't shop at Walgreens, but each time I have been there (different locations) there is always some sort of issue. Train your employees!

Comments

• Bo
      27th of Aug, 2009

So of course we should RAISE minimum wage to reward loser workers like this. Yep. Grand idea.

• Sc
      8th of Dec, 2009

Maybe stupid customers should stop taking advantage of register rewards. Customers use register rewards to get items that will print out a register rewards. So sometimes customers get items for NEGATIVE $3.00. Why should Walgreens pay customers to take their items?

• Dj
      31st of May, 2010

"Why should Walgreens pay customers to take their items?" Perhaps because Walgreen's ISN'T paying the customer - the Register Reward the OP is referring to is the same as a Manufacturer Coupon. The manufacturer is the one that creates the Register Reward at Walgreen's. Register Rewards are a STORE CREDIT for a previous purchase you made. I spent the money up front to by soda, for example, and the program was I buy all the soda UP FRONT (aka paid all the money to Walgreen's) and the soda manufacturer had a promotion to give me a $5 store credit for my next purchase - aka Register Reward. So to answer the question, "Why should Walgreens pay customers to take their items?" Perhaps STUPID employees that can't think for themselves or understand BASIC math, logic and reasoning should stop making STUPID comments about customers that CAN.

I hear the fair is hiring to tear tickets SCmn. Oh, it is moments like these I do wish the evolutionary theory of survival of the fittest was possible...

• Ps
      31st of Dec, 2010

You hit the nail on the head. The root of most of Walgreen's problems falls back to a huge lack of training. Walgreens expects an unreasonable amount of tasks to be accomplished with few employees and this results in no time ever for anything. Training-no time, figure it out somehow. Customers-no time, solve the problem yourself. I have been written up and forced to sign my write up to a mistake that I unknowingly made because I had terrible training. Any employee able to compensate for the horrible training should be praised to high heaven.