Walgreens Pharmacy / Morrison, Co. / check refusal problem

This evening my check was refused when I went to make a purchase at this Walgreen's store.
When I asked the Manager of the store why he referred me to a 800 phone number to Ceretegy.

I had been to this same store the previous week and had no problem with my check, but tonight I seemed to be a problem for a $173 purchase. After calling Certegy from the store I got some person on the phone who took down my Drivers Liscense # all my bank information and then proceeded to tell me that she could find nothing in my history that would reflect negatively in regards to using my check. It seems, according to her that I fit into some computer model that possibly might deem me a risk based upon the day I write a check, the hour of the transaction or some other irrelevant criteria.

The fact that I have overdraft protection, have not had a history of bounced or NSF checks returned had little weight. Instead I was invited to apply for Certergy Gold, which would let me cash checks. This application is an affront to anyone. You provide critical data on yourself that could be used by anyone
who has access to this information.

I understand that this company used to be telecheck and I have never had a problem with using checks in any telecredit associated store in the past.

I have seen similar posting about Certegy on https://www.complaintsboard.com and urge anyone with similar problems to post thier experience. Perhaps with enough complaints this Company will adjust their computer models to include responsible consumers who have unwittingly fallen into their computer hell.

• walgreens drugstore's Response, Jul 23, 2018

next the lg phone card would not go wi fi over 1 year not code verison store put new sim to activate lg zone 3 phone not made total cost there 200.+ recycle 3.00

Comments

• Lo
      25th of Aug, 2007

I don't see how this is a complaint against Walgreens. Certegy is an outside company that denied the check. I have seen it happen before the register does not allow the check to be tendered. Many retail stores use the same company so unfortunately it just happened at Walgreens.

• Dr
    Walgreens - Greendott
    Detroit
    Michigan
    walgreens.com

My money is not on the card

• Vi
    Walgreens - Order has been cancelled
    Piscataway
    New Jersey

Order # 26100971542
    I was recently placed an order to Walgreens store and I was paid after 5 days I got an message saying that order has been cancelled.
    I don't know the reason behind it. Once I called and asked about the reason. They also don't have any reason regarding it.
    Thanks

• Wa
    Walgreens - prepaid phones
    Jacksonville
    Florida

old over the limit took resale some take get money from with card 64.40 lg.version.

16th of Aug, 2018
    Walgreens - Pharmacy
    Albemarle
    North Carolina

Mine and my family's files sent to Walgreens from rite aid. I went to Walgreens to pick up husbands medicine, I was told they did not take blue cross blue shield. So I had to pay full price for his medicine I know this was wrong but no need to argue. I got home and called my insurance and Walgreens is covered. Have lost my business.

• Ei
      20th of Aug, 2018
    Walgreens - Item marked on the shelve is always different at the register. - Michelob ultra

I've been in there three times to purchase this item. Every time I was charged a dollar more at the register. I tell them every time I was charged a dollar more that what is on the shelf you should change that. I will go elsewhere where I get charged whats on the shelf. Gave them 3 chances and never asked for my dollars back. Frustrating!!

• Ap
      20th of Aug, 2018
    Walgreens - Customer service
    Soddy Daisy
    Tennessee

Brett at the Soddy Daisy Walgreens was rude and cursed me and told me I needed to learn to call my medication in and not lie about it. I did call it in I even got the text saying it was ready. I do not appreciate this and will never be back and I will let friends and family know how this Walgreens let their employees curse out their customers

• Ef
      28th of Aug, 2018
    Walgreens - Walgreens letting men in women's bathrooms!
    walgreens.com

Who's the psychotic idiot who pushed this through? Are you insane? Women & children are being sexually assaulted in 'gender neutral' bathrooms!!!

And don't you dare say "it doesn't happen often." Screw you. The news does not tell the truth!!

I hope it happens to your wife, daughter, or loved one--clearly you won't learn until it does.

• Da
      28th of Aug, 2018
    Walgreens - Walg true metrx b/g tst strips 100s
    Newtown
    Connecticut

I paid $74.99 for test strips for a WALGREENS meter at my local WALGREENS and later found them for $16.58 from another vendor. Why should I ever return to a Walgreens again ?

2nd of Sep, 2018
    Walgreens - emails scam

About everyday I receive an email from jane.doe@walgreens.com -- I believe this is a scam -- if not please tell this supposed employee to STOP!
    This "jane doe" is either thanking me, or sending me 3 easter eggs, or telling me about Fidelity Life and other products.
    Please catch this scammer using the walgreens email.

• Ha
      2nd of Sep, 2018
    Springfield
    Massachusetts
    walgreens.com

l am your customer.l am 60 years old.l went to the store today to buy my medicines.they (mana) disrespect me because l don't speak enough English.Mocked with me.thanks

• Em
      5th of Sep, 2018
    Walgreens - photo 4x8 desktop calendar
    Charlotte
    North Carolina

To Whom It May Concern,

I recently (11/11/17) made a personalized 4x8 photoDesktop Calendar on the PhotoWalgreens App. Which ended turning into a bigger hassle then it should have been.They forgot the month of June in the calendar, the months are cutoff into the binding and the June add in longer then the orginal calendar and they won't reprint.

10th of Sep, 2018
    Walgreens - store not open on time
    Dorchester
    Massachusetts

I went to a walgreens near me 10-27-17 an there schedule say 7am - 11pm i arived at 7:10 an the store was still closed with no employees in site i waited for 45min wacthing costumer come an go i am very disappointed in walgreens

• Ck
      10th of Sep, 2018
    Walgreens - text with free offers
    Wheat Ridge
    Colorado

I resent being asked to complete a survey in exchange for free product, only to find it's not free and being asked for a credit card number.

18th of Sep, 2018
    Walgreens - pharmacy

The worst pharmacy I ever been to. They lost written prescriptions I gave them a week before hurricane hit tampabay area. Then refused to be helpful. They never called me to tell me they couldn't refill it or offer to call dr again. instead I was made to feel humiliated. This walgreens in located in saint petersburg florida

19th of Sep, 2018
    Margate
    Florida

Every month I go there with the same prescription and they never have it. I need my prescription everyday and it's unacceptable that they can not help me. I can't go to another pharmacy either because it's a control substance. This is affecting my everyday life.
    This is very bad!!!

• Bu
      28th of Oct, 2018
    Walgreens - new contraceptive policy

So, if your store employees have deeply held religious convictions concerning alcohol and tobacco are they free not to sell them? It will be cold day in hell before I fill any personal prescriptions at Walgreens. I am eagerly awaiting your answer to my question.