Walgreens / pharmacy

lemmon valley, Reno, NV, United States Review updated:

I used the drive thru at the Walgreen on lemmon drive in lemmon valley nevada this afternoon to pick up my prescription and after I had driven away I stopped to check and see why I had been charged so much for my prescriptions. When I looked in the bag there were two additional items with my prescriptions that I did not ask for. I then went into the pharmacy and told them that there were additional items put in my bag and that I was charged for them. The lady that was helping me was extremely rude and the boy standing behind her said oh I put those in there and said "my bad" but you weren't, charged for them. I informed her that I was charged for them and that I did not want the items and that I would like my money back for these items. She said" well maybe the doctor thought you needed them and called in these prescriptions". Really, are you kidding me. I have never heard of such a thing in my life. A doctor just adding stuff to your prescriptions and not even informing you of that. And besides that these were not prescriptions they were otc allergy medicines. A manager then had to be called over to handle the refund. He took care of the refund and handed me a receipt that had the amount of the refund on it. When I checked at my bank it shows that I have been charged the full amount for everything that was mistakenly put in my bag and there is no amount showing for a refund. I would like to know why my bank account has not been credited for the amount that I was charged for these two additional items. I will be transferring my prescriptions elsewhere and will not be shopping at Walgreens again nor will I ever recommend Walgreens to anyone. Very disappointed with the service at Walgreen s There are a lot of people in this world that are unemployed and would appreciate being able to work so it seems to me that these employees at Walgreen s should take there jobs more seriously.

Pr
Apr 29, 2013

Comments

• Gw
      Nov 09, 2009

After recovering from a hysterectomy I had to wait in the pick up line because this Walgreens had their drop off window closed. Now after waitng 45-50 minutes in line the one tech that was attending customer decided to give the most unproffesional and rude service that I have ever recieved from any Walgreens. When I got to the counter I told her I wanted to get a presciption filled for my son .Her name is Patricia( she wears glasses and a pony tail). she told me she had to see if the drug was in stock and put my pescription down and preceded to start give other people that were in line behind me their presciptions. By the time she was on a second customer behind me, , I interupted her and ask her why would I have to stand the and wait for her to take care on everyone else before she could even tell me if they have ther drug in stock.She became very rude and told me that I should have went to the consulting window and she said it in an insulting way like I didnt know how to read .But I told her the drop off window says come to pick up window not consulting window.Then I asked her why should I have to wait until she gives everyone there presciption before she would even check then she tells me quote "she on the phone"in a smart matter referring to the pharmacist. At this point I was very upset and dissapointed, I had been going this Walgreens for over 16 years. I told her to give my presciption back and I told my daughter to put her school supplies back because I no longer wanted anything else from this store this was on 11/10/09 @ approximatelybetween6 -7:15 pm at night becasue when I got to Walgreens it was about6:20 and there were eight people in line in fron of me. there was also an older gentle man in front of me she had done him the same way . This person had no people skills or professional skills was very rude and incompetent. When customers go to Walgreens they go there to get the best service or so I thought . This location is horrible and it sad that one person can make this store loose its valueble customers. I hope this complaint is also seen by Walgreens Corporate offices because changes need to be made before I even think about going back there.

• Te
      Nov 29, 2009

In the past week we have had very bad experience with the service of some of your stores in the pharmacy area.And the thing is we changed from Walmart one cause it's closer to our house and two it's suppose to have better service.I have a question (why can't you refill a prescription when there is still an hour and a half to close?)My husband was released from the emergency like about 7:30 that night and I took the prescription right away, the store was closeing at 9:00pm and they said I had to go to the one that is open 24 hrs.Can you imagine how hard it was for my husband to have to ride and wait more with pain.I hope you can answer this for us.Thank-you Pat D.

Dec 14, 2009

EVERYTIME, Once a month, I have to deal with the ###s that work at the Walgreens Pharmacy and it is not just 1 location. They have implemented a Call Center filled with Rude, Uneducated idiots that hang up on you if they cannot answer your question. It is becoming harder to get directly to the ###s at the physical Pharmacy location.

My Doctor's office has to Fax in AND Call in my prescription refills, regardless of whether I refill with their automated system or with a ### from the call center or pharmacy. They just cannot process a simple request.

What is Walgreens Corporate doing about this problem...people do not pick up meds for fun they pick them up because they need to take them and Walgreens makes this a nightmare every single time.

•   Dec 16, 2009

Throwing around words like "###s", "idiots", and "###s" isn't a very productive way to address an issue. I've been to Walgreen's pharmacies several times for prescription medication and haven't really had a problem.

Have you considered trying a different pharmacy?

• My
      Dec 30, 2009

Why go to a pharmacy full of "###s" then. I'm sure the "###" pharmacist at walgreens would be more than happy to transfer all your prescriptions to CVS or walmart. I'm sure their geniuses over there.

• Ta
      Jan 14, 2010

while at walgreens on 1-13-2010- i was treated awful. my dr. had ordered a prescription i was told at the pull up window my dr. had declined that prescription so i decided to go in.i talked with my dr. office one and a half hour prior to this. when entering the pharmacy my prescription was magically ready.guess what they just got the order and how fast are they from the time i got out of my car and into the pharmacy it was ready all within 5 minutes. i have been going to this location for about 6 years and will never go back.that location is 13317 north blvd. tampa fl. 33612. not are the employees rude the pharmacist is worse. i am a cash paying customer that will never go back.i will drive out of my way not to go there.the prescription was for hormones the way i was treated you would think i was a drug dependent human beingiwhoever was working on this date around 2:45 p. m. you lost a cash paying customer. maybe this walgreens should have classes on how to treat people. TAMMY BRAYTON 13409 forest hills dr. tampa fl. 33612i am not a drug user which is what you thought i was.

• Te
      Feb 04, 2010

I have my prescriptions on automatic refills and why is it that when i go to pick up my prescriptions that they are not ready and another thing why when I drop off my prescriptions and let them know that I will be back in 2 days to pick it up they can not find my prescription and when I went to walgreens to pick up my prescriptions they charged me full prise and they were suppose to charge my insurance company. I have alot of prescriptions that need to be refilled and that is why they are on automatic refills because I can not remember them all that is why I did it in the first place. If I continue to have problems I will swich pharmacies, I would really appreciate it if would get this resolved. Thank You Terry Seth

• Ic
      Feb 07, 2010

DO NOT let Walgreens tell you "we are short a few pills" They will make you repay your insurance deductible. I had an order for the Polk St. Walgreens. They were short three pills--I ended up flying home before they had the remainer of my prescription Guess what, they wanted me to pay my co-pay again for the remainder three pills. I paid the full co-pay the first time for my particial order.

DO NOT BELIEVE them when they say "oh just go into your local pharmacy when you get home and they'll get you the remaining pills--yes they will but you'll be out another co-pay much less the hassle with driving back to pick up drugs.

Numerous talks with both the manager on Polk St. San Fran. Walgreens and the Lexington MN Walgreens both resulted in the same thing--NO, we will charge you despite it BEING their fault. IF they can't fill completely then go to another pharmacy and you'll save the headache and money.

• Jl
      Feb 19, 2010

You are a lying ###. Your wife told me this last night before she went down on me.

Mar 01, 2010

Irecently recieved two 25 dollar checks exited I called my doctor and had my prescriptions
    changed from a clinic that is two blocks away / I visited the aAuburn street store talked to the manager, then I called and the pharmaciest that I spoke to said that I could use the checks ten minutes after I gathered what I WAS GOING TO GET/i WAS TOLD THAT i cant use the checks even after i had called and spoke to someone in the pharmacy.
    I SPENT 96 DOLLARS, IINTEND TO TAKE EVERY THING BACK

Mar 01, 2010

I think that the pharmaciest should of honored the checks I BELIEVE THAT i took every step that was neccesary to be able to spend those checks

Mar 01, 2010

I will not uise walgreen pharmacy again

• Ir
      Mar 27, 2010

I CALLED THE PHARMACY DEPARTMENT ABOUT MY REFILLS ON MY LONGACTING HEART PILLS CALLED ISOSORBIDE MONONITRATE 60MG ER TABS FOR SOME REASON THEY ALWAYS HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THIS MEDICINE. EVEN WHEN MY DR. GIVES ME A PRESCRIPTION FOR THIS MEDICINE. I CALLED IN FOUR PRESCRIPTIONS FRIDAY AND I EVEN TALKED TO A PHARMACIST SHE SAID THAT TWO PRESCRIPTION WAS TO EARLY AND TO CALL ABOUT THEM LATER THIS WEEK WHICH WAS ALRIGHT, BUT THE OTHER TWO WOULD BY READY SATURDAY SO I SENT MY SISTER TO PICK-UP MY MEDS AND SHE CAME HOME WITH TWO MEDS THAT I DID NOT EVEN CALL IN. THE FIRST WAS METOLAZONE 2.5MG TABS WHEN I CALLED IN FOR METOPROLOL TARTRATE 25MG TABS. THE SECOND WAS ISOSORBIDE DINITRATE 20MG ORAL TABS. WHEN IT WAS SUPPOSE TO BE ISOSORBIDE MONONITRATE 60MG ER TABS. I LIKE TO KNOW WHAT ARE THEY DOING AT THIS WALGREEN PHARMACY. ONE OF THESE DAYS THEY ARE GOING TO KILL SOMEONE. NOW THEY TELL ME I WILL HAVE TO CALL BACK MONDAY TO TALK TO THE HEAD PHARMACIST. SO WHAT AM I SUPPOSE TO DO FOR SUNDAY ABOUT MY MEDS. THIS IS A NEW STORE TO BE MAKING ALL THESE MISTAKES. A LOT OF PEOPLES WILL NOT USE THIS PHARMACY ANYMORE. SO I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE TO HAVE A COMPLAINT. THEY ALWAY, S MESS WITH MY MEDS. HELP US PLEASE THANK-YOU THE WALGREEN STORE 833 W. 115TH ST CHICAGO IL. 60643

• Pu
      Aug 25, 2010

I have my prescriptions on auto refills to be shipped to me. My refills were due several days ago and have not arrived. The individual store, customer service and the warehouse do not know what happened to my order, except that it was filled over a week ago and my credit card was charged. They have no record of CONTROLLED SUBSTANCES being shipped. They also have no communication between each other and keep giving me the run around with different phone numbers I have to call. They won't do anything to help me and won't let me pick my prescriptions up in the store because their "computers" say it was already filled. I am definitely switching pharmacies after this latest fiasco. They are unprofessional idiots that probably graduated last in their class, it's amazing some of them are actually pharmacists!

• Su
      Sep 15, 2010

Today I went to Walgreens to get my prescription filled and a nice lady said I will be with you in a moment. I said okay and thank you. A few minutes later she took my prescription to fill it. I told her I was going to the restroom but would be back when I thought she was finished. I came back from the restroom and a young lady said. I was just looking for you. I've never met her in my life so I felt that was a weird statement. She proceded to say I need your insurance card. I told her I have a new insurance let me get the card for you. I gave her my card and she said we don't take your insurance. I said excuse me that could not be right. She said you heard me then she said it very slow as if I had a hearing problem. I said I hear you but I'm certain I have insurance and that is the card. She said well we don't take that insurance. I had just left my Doctors office and they took the card I couldn't understand. I then call one of my close friends from my job that I knew had just used our new insurance and she said she had her childrens prescription filled. My friend said we have a card just for prescriptions. Then she told me the name of the card. I found the card in my wallet because our insurance gave us 8 different cards. I pull it out thanked my friend and hung up the call. The young lady said oh you do have the right card. You should have given me that card in the first place. I can not believe this lady did not say Ms. do you get a pharmacy card when they sent you insurance cards, Oh my goodness! I asked for my perscription back and drove to CVS down the street. I walked up to pharmacy all they asked me is for my pharmacy card and my Doctors name. I've been to a different Walgreens and I'm in their system. I've never gone to CVS to the pharmacy and they customer service there was extremely better.

• Po
      Sep 18, 2010

The lady could have been more polite, but you were the one that made the mistake. Those pharmacy workers aren't instructed to know what you're other insurance cards are for, they just know right and wrong.

• Az
      Oct 04, 2010

Agree with everyone else.

Also, PLEASE consider constructing proper sentences and using paragraphs next time. Gave me a headache, trying to decipher your post :(

• We
      Feb 09, 2011

I have been using Walgreens on Camp Bowie Bld. in Fort Worth Texas for more than 10 years and spend an average of $350 per month on presciption drugs at Walgreens. I am now going to switch to a locally owned pharmacy or CVS. The reason is that I wait in line or wait for service on average 20 minutes each visit. This is even the case on Sunday mornings when there is not a single person in line. The reason seems to be the lack of staffing. Most of the staff I have encountered are very nice. The problem is there is one staff person covering the counter and drive through lane. Making matters even worse is that this Walgreens has the double drive through lane. This makes no sense because there is still only one staff person working both lanes and the inside counter. When I was in MBA school we analyzed Walgreens and found that something like 60% of their revenue comes from the Pharmacy. So why would Walgreens dissapoint so many customers that there are multiple sites that appear when "Googling" Walgreens Sucks or Walgreens poor customer service.

Tonight while waiting in the drive through lane again (this time 25 minutes) I vowed to switch pharmacies and tell others about my experience in hopes Walgreens would pay attention to the problem. I love my city and think Walgreens is a poor community citizen to behave in the manner they do.

• 12
      Apr 30, 2011

I worked for Walgreens, in the 1 hour photo department. I have talked with many pharmacy tech and they all say that Walgreens constantly under-staffs their pharmacy. So much so that management, who aren't really trained to be pharmacy tech, have to fill in when the pharmacy gets busy. Walgreens likes to have a "skeleton staff" for all their departments, except front register, in order to save money. If their employees aren't "fast enough" they get yelled at, some times right on the sales floor, then eventually fired if they don't "pick up speed." I only worked at Walgreens for 4 months, that is all I could handle. I almost walked out of there a couple of times.

• Th
      Dec 23, 2011

I too have been held captive by the stupidity of these "###s". I tried to get a prescription transferred for 4 days! The distant pharmacy sent it but the receiving pharmacy couldn't find it. Every time I would go to pick it up I simply got the blank stare. They are clueless. Is it a Florida thing?

• Ho
      Dec 23, 2011

Maybe they hare hanging up on you because you are rude. You call other posters rude when you post reviews such as this. Exactly how old are you.

Dec 23, 2011

Ginger Kid, if you don't like it go cry to mommy.

m.y.00304 SHUT UP, you are another ### and idiot and ###, why not apply for a job at Walgreens you will fit right in.

thomas12, this is my complaint, you ###, go make your own and stop using mine to get pity

Hogwarts Student Zachary
    I am 34 years old, if you don't like my name calling go cry to mommy.

Dec 23, 2011

All of you who commented should go to work for Walgreens. You have all the qualifications.
    Being a ###, being an idiot and being ###ed.

• Re
      Jan 23, 2012

my daughter was given wrong medication, cannot get manager to respond to my calls

• We
      Jan 23, 2012

same thing happened to me in MN ... go on to the website... I got a call from the district manager, plus a call from the pharmacist. The district manager was wonderful ... the pharmacist who filled my prescrip, was a total doof. he said 'I am calling because I have to tell you I am sorry'..
    but write a complaint on the main website, or call your state Dept of Health or Dept of Welfare.
    good luck !!!

• Pe
      Jan 25, 2012

The Walgreen's on McCausland Ave. is horrble. They constantly are unable to refill my medications because they are out of them, they almost never call to let me know that my meds can't be refilled, they have lost a refill, and left my insulin on the counter instead of the fridge. I don't know what the deal is, but something has got to change.

• Sw
      Jan 26, 2012

Use another pharmacy...

• Je
      Mar 03, 2013

Cvs is given half the hours on average compared to Walgreens. I've waited in the drive thru at Walmart for over forty minutes before myself but understand that it was the jerk in front of me who'd refused to pull around when they had a problem with his insurance. Pharmacies aren't fast food...nor should be treated as such. We wait at doctors offices for sometimes hours yet lose all patience when life saving or taking medication is handled.

• So
      Apr 14, 2013

Do not go to the Walgreens pharmacy in Mount Pleasant, Michigan! These people are sadistic, rude and abuse their power. IT DOESNT MATTER IF YOUR INSURANCE WILL PAY FOR THE PRESCRIPTION. IT'S STILL "TOO EARLY"

• Fo
      Apr 14, 2013

Some prescriptions can't be refilled until the day you use the last one or day after.

•   Apr 30, 2013

Your bank account will not show the credit until the store batches out their machine and the credit applies. I call this BS since the only OTC meds behind a pharmacy counter are D products that have have ID and be SIGNED for.

•   Apr 30, 2013

Cary, he would have to have given over his driver's license as well. Most people who come to the pharmacy complain about this, yet this character did not.

May 13, 2013

Long Faces, truthfully, I have to mention this:
    I've had customers throw down their ID's along with their credit cards. When I ask them to tell me their address so I can match it to the on on their medication, they just point to the ID, or tell me that it's right in front of me.