Walgreens / rude employee vicki

United States, Missouri, Oak Grove Review updated:
Oak Grove
Phone: 816 625-3578
I had a question about a product that had been recalled and noticed that one kind of the brand was on the shelf but the one I was looking for was not there. And the Employee by the name of Vicki was at the front register today 3/22/09 made the commit ( God we just pulled them ) and restocked with the new ones . For one I was not asking her about the product and for jer to make such a rude coomit behind my back as I was walking away with another store assosicate that was being polite and helpful was very rude and uncalled for. I do alot of bussiness in this store but I will not go there anymore if she keeps that up. There is no call for that.

I think that she should adjust her sttitude and quickly.

D  28th of Apr, 2009 by
And you didn't speak to a manager because...?

Seriously, if you were that offended then talk to the bloody manager.

Of course I suppose that it's impossible for you to recount the entire event; your story sounds like one child telling on another in that you carefully omit any details that could cast you in an unflattering light. Your bad typing doesn't help your case at all.

For the record, and for anyone else with similar complaints, try to get help from a manager in the store BEFORE coming online and whining. If you had gone to a manager and your concerns were not addressed THEN come online and leave a complaint (including the part where the management was no help). Hell, if a manager ignored you I'd be tempted to call the store myself and ### them out, but if you aren't even going to try and use the system avaliable to you then you only have yourself to blame when nothing gets done about your problem. Schmuck.
A  4th of May, 2009 by
I hate walgreens. Especially the location in San Rafael CA. The employees are rude and not knowledgeable. My brother forgot his wallet at his friends house, he asked me to buy him some cigarettes. I had other merchandise in my shopping cart and my brother was standing right by me. The clerk refused to sell me the cigarettes because he did not have his id. I called her a stupid ### and said that I have my drivers license. I tossed it onto the counter, and told my brother to go outside and wait in my car. She called over the store manager. When the manager showed up I said what is the problem now, I called the clerk a liar and said that I never came in with my brother. Finally I was able to purchase cigarettes.
D  6th of May, 2009 by
Well, unhappy customer, you are the reason that people like me have migraines.

See, we happy few who man the front lines in the war on stuipd customers are often subjected to police officers sending in minors to attempt to purchase tobacco products illegally. If you are caught selling a minor a tobacco product you face a large fine and most likely the loss of your job (if you work at walgreens, at least). It doesn't help that the tobacco training thing we go through seems to be designed to make you paranoid.

I have had similar situations with customers and sent them packing; the clerk did the right thing and the only reason you got your way was to get you out of the store.

You sound like a petty, abusive child who threw a temper tantrum to get her way. For those of you playing along at home who think that retail is easy and working at walgreens doubly so I humbly submit the testimony of "unhappy customer"...this is what we have to put with, often several times a day.
//begin rant
So I'm going to make a plea right here and right now. Can we not be civil to each other? Instead of name calling how about some understanding? Sure, we all lose our temper sometimes but I sure as hell don't come to your job and call you names. Believe it or not I don't call my customers names (even though I do want to sometimes).

What kind of society are we heading towards when we can't even be bothered to be decent to each other?

Might seem weird coming from a guy who has unloaded on more than one person with a complaint here, but consider this; most of the people I get mad at are the ones who refuse to see what other people are going through. Have a little sympathy for each other and for God's sake, be DECENT to each other. Find ways to resolve problems in the store without coming online and whining because you didn't get your way! Managers are there for a reason.
end rant//
N  21st of Jul, 2009 by
No the customer is not always right. Did you not even get the point of Aaron's post?

If we suspect that you're buying cigarettes for an underage person, we are not supposed to sell them to you. It's legality, not us trying to be difficult.

But yea seriously that training vid did make me paranoid too. I work in the photo lab, so I don't see the tobacco buyers all that much, and when I'm called to check at the front, I always ask for ID if they look under 40, cause I had some friends in high school who could pass for 30 or 35, I mean, who actually DID quite a few times.
N  27th of Jan, 2010 by
sorry... i had to stop reading. Is that English?
N  5th of Feb, 2010 by
I have been going to my pharmacy for a few years. They had always send me
scrips I did not order. Making my bill very high.
This time I had ordered my medicine the first of the week. I got them. Then had to get
one more script my friend went to get them. They sent me stuff I never use. My doctor
had scripts for things I don't use and they filled everything again. they always complain about
insurance and they gave me more insulin. I refused to pay it but they forced me to. I wrote them
a letter and told them to cancel my account that I would be getting my meds filled at CVS.
N  5th of Feb, 2010 by
I have been going to my pharmacy for a few yearsa. They always send me
scripts I did not order. This time I had just got my meds refilled. then when we went to
get another script, they refilled all my meds and gave me stuff I do not use.
I got mad and told them to cancel my account with them that I was taking my business
else where. How can pharmacys get away with sending the wrong things and making me pay for it?
It's not right.
N  24th of Mar, 2010 by
I think Walgreens is a great company...I get my prescriptions filled there..they are on time with my prescription..the staff is always friendly to me and recognize me by name..it sure beats waiting in line at Walmart for 2 hours to get a prescription and it beats CVS...just because one employee gave you a bad experience that doesn't mean that all the Walgreens are that way..It is very difficult having to please all the customers and constantly keep a smile on your face even if the customer is rude to you or you're having a bad day..A employee that works at the store I do business best friend was murdered..but yet she still came to work and dispite customers getting nasty she still managed to do her job..so take the good with the bad.. it is not that serious that you have to publicly try and humiliate the person because you are angry..Be the bigger person get over it life is too short
N  5th of Aug, 2010 by
Aaron (see above), classic example of a rude condescending employee.

Repeat, "The customer is always right." (EVEN IF YOU, AARON THINKS THEY ARE WRONG)

High unemployment will begin to weed out the rude employees.

Absolutely customers, take your business elsewhere, VOTE with your money!

you must never have worked in retail! [censor]

Walgreens Logo Walgreens