walgreen drug / did not follow instructions
Two weeks ago I copied both sides of my new Medicare Part D insurance card and also included on the same paper the rx number of 4 refills that I needed. I asked for #30 instead of #90. I took the paper to Walgreen's and the tech read it and told me that this could be done. I never received a phone message that the refills were ready so 5 days ago I called and was told they were ready. A friend picked them up, paying the coinsurance with my Visa. When she brought them to me later that day, I found only 3 of the 4 had been filled; they gave me # 90 instead of # 30 as requested, and they charged the coinsurance rate of the old expired policy. I called and was told they had not updated my insurance info in their system. So I drove back, handed the pills through the window and asked for a refund on my Visa. I spoke with two persons who never offered an explanation or for the series of mistakes. Finally I told the supervisor that I wanted to transfer my business to another pharmacy. She tried to talk me out of that, and kept asking for my new ID card. I was told the refund could take up to 72 hours (caused by the bank) and 5 days later, still no refund. I live on a fixed income of less than $1200/month and need the refund of $63.00. I feel this complaint is justified.