Wal - Mart - Town Center In Long Beach, CA / Very deceitful way of doing business

Wal-Mart had the Tickle Me Elmo TMX in the Sunday Circular (Oct 1, 2006). Since We have a 24 hr Wal-Mart I went there at 6am in the morning. The Wal-Mart @ Town Center in Long Beach, Ca. There were no Elmo's being unloaded. So I decided to come back @ 9am. No Elmo's. One customer there said that she was told they never came in. So I went up to customer service and was told that you do not issue rain checks. I asked to speak to a manager. She got an assistant manager on the phone, she put him on the speaker phone. I believe his name was Chester. He said that they did not receive any shipment for the Elmo's. And no rain checks. He did not even have the courtesy to come out and talk to me or send an assistant to see me. I went to the Buena Park, Ca. Wal-Mart. They also did not receive a shipment. I called town center back and they said downtown Long Beach received 9 and Lakewood received 10.

That is being very unfair to advertise something that YOU KNOW you will not be able to meet the publics needs. If it was not advertised then I would say ok, you missed out on it, but you did place an add in the paper for it. To me it is up to the store to be sure that the customer has a chance to receive the item. And you and I both know that was never going to be a chance for a customer to receive the doll.

I know I am just one customer, but I will tell you this with great certainty, I will never shop at Wal-Mart again for what I feel is a very deceitful way of doing business. And I will also let anyone know how I feel if the name of Wal-Mart comes up.

Dianne

Long Beach, Ca

Di

Comments

• Va
      30th of Nov, 2006
    Tickle Me Elmo - Burst into flames!

I bought a tickle me elmo for my son. It burst into flames and marked up my carpet. I took it back to the thrift store I got it from and they refused to repair my carpet.