Wal - Mart - Pomona, CA / Story that needs to be heard

About a week ago, on July 14th, 2006, I was in need of a graphing calculator. I called WalMart to see if they carried and Texas Instrument calculators--more specifically the TI-89. I was left on hold for over 15 minutes with no response from the electronics department. After 15 minutes I hung up and redialed the company. I was put on hold again for another minute or so when a female clerk from electronics answered the phone. She didn't start talking to me for about 30 seconds because she was busy laughing with people in the background. When she addressed me she was EXTREMELY impatient with my request for a graphing calculator. She told me WalMart carried all types of TIs, and rudely insisted that I come into the store to check out the types of calculators that WalMart had.

I can understand how this method can be a an effective sales ploy to get a customer to come into the store, but I don't have a license, getting around is extremely difficult for me, and I made that clear to the clerk. After she knew this, she told me AGAIN that I had to go into the store and that's all she could do for me.

I went to the store and when I got to the electronics section I asked a lady where the Texas Instrument calculators were. She directed me to a shelf where I didn't find the calculator that I needed. I left empty handed and angry with the service.

On top of that, I had to take the bus to another location and purchase my calculator for $125.00.

I wasn't going to complain about the service, but just the other day my dad said that he went into WalMart and saw an entire cart full of graphing calculators, including the Texas instrument type that I had purchased. He told me my calculator was on sale for $60.00. I could have saved a lot of money if someone had helped me properly. My dad also asked how long the cart had been out and the WalMart associate told him it had been out for weeks.

I was and am truly disappointed with the customer service in that department. I've worked at retail stores before and I have NEVER treated a customer so rudely. Unfortunately I did not get either of the women's names, but I think my story needs to be heard.

Alyssa

Store details:

WalMart-retail store
80 Rio Rancho Road
Pomona, CA

Al

Comments

• Mi
      24th of Jul, 2008

I believe this Pomona Walmart is the MOST GHETTO in the Inland Empire area!

I feel for you since you don't have a license. I suggest in the future you go to the Glendora one off the 210 fwy right down the street from San Dimas off of LoneHill which is open 24 hours and/or the Walmart in Chino that is also open 24 hours and has a grocery store as well.