Wal - Mart - Oxford, NC / Is there another chance?

Many years ago (1994) I applied for a position at the Wal-Mart store in Oxford, North Carolina. At the time I was going through major difficulties in my life and had a slight substance abuse problem.

I failed the drug screen and decided to enter a drug rehabilitation program in Butner, North Carolina. I have been drug free ever since. I vowed to never touch another drug and I kept that promise to myself for the sake of my life, my family, and my livelihood. I have been clean of any and all mind and mood altering substances for the past 13 years. On occasions I re-apply for a position with Wal-Mart and they will never consider my application after all of these years. My life has changed tremendously. in 2000, I had re-enlisted in the United States Army and discharged in 2003. I am presently enrolled in Vance-Granville Community Collage in the Human Services (Mental Health and Substance Abuse Program). In the Past 5 years I I have worked for, operated, and assisted with opening several Level lll Residential Treatment Facilities for At-Risk Youths. I have dedicated my life to customer service, public relations, and serving the people in my community. I have a few misdemeanors on my record but nothing serious. All convictions were 10 to 14 years ago. I am a hard working, law abiding citizen who is very versatile, hard working, and very dependable. I will always prove to be an asset to any company that employs me. Why won't Wal-Mart give me another chance after all of these years. Is there anything that I can do to make them consider employing me?

Va

Comments

• Au
      23rd of May, 2007

Well my dear you need to be persistent I work there and have for 6 years i have seen people come and go that didn't deserve the job. We have a wonderful management team and by chance your app got looked over if you did it on the computer. Take the complaint straight to the store manger. Wish you best of luck.

• Ye
      10th of Aug, 2010

you dont want to work there believe me