Wal - Mart Gift Card / We got scammed!

Went to the jackson tenn. Super center north store and bought my sister a gift card for Christmas. She went to the wal-mart to use this card and it had been used already.the checker apparently scammed me and i am pissed. The card was only for 20 dollars but make me feel bad i m out 20 dollars and my sister gets nothing. The manager at the store checked the card to verify that it has been used at the store in south jackson. I bought the card on 21st of dec. On the 22nd it had a balance of 40 dollars 23rd 40 dollars then apparently it got used after that. Schultz is the managers name he needs to check in on some of his employees because the way it sounds to me that me and someone else we got scammed for 20 dollars each. I have the original receipt and everything.

Looks like to me as big as wal-mart is that they would not blink an eye at fixing this problem one way or another. I know that the receipt has to have the cashers name or code on it and something should be done to her. The customer should not be the one to have to take the loss. I hope to hear something back from this company from this because they haven't heard the last from me.

Va

Comments

• Am
      27th of Feb, 2007

This is a pretty rare but not unheard of scam. http://www.snopes.com/fraud/sales/giftcard.asp will explain some about it. It's not necessarily the cashier's fault, but could be. The store should have given you the money back just to hush it up, at least. Since they didn't, keep screaming! But, as a I said, it may have been a professional thief who stole the number off the card and waited until it was sold, then drained the account dry.

Go to snopes and read the info. Check the card again and see if there was anything wrong with it. Convince, if you can, some manager to get in touch with Walmart's website and see if that's how the card was used (and your money stolen).