Wal-mart/dyson Vacum / buyer beware

1 San Leandro, CA, United States Review updated:

My mother bought me a $399- Dyson vacum the other day at my local Wal-mart ( bless her heart)but i myself had recently bought a new vacum. Mom gave me receipt to return if i wanted to which i figured i hadn't even opened box so i'd go return it and get much needed groceries. At customer service desk i was told that you can't return Dyson vacums even if you have receipt . I said shouldn't that be posted some where because as someone spending that kind of money i would of taken that into consideration before i purchased it.I was then told that it was posted somewhere on the outside of box yet i couldn't see it and the manager couldn't either then she said " well i know for sure its on the literature INSIDE THE BOX" well lady most people don't open the box to read the literature untill after the made the purchase and take it home! by then your in the perdicament i am in NOW. So buyer of Dyson beware you can not return them to the store of purchase.

Ua

Comments

• Li
      27th of May, 2009

That's insane and I don't believe your Wal-Mart is correct about that. It doesn't say on Wal-Mart's website anything about a special return policy for Dyson products. Maybe try a different Wal-Mart where someone knows what they're talking about.

• Mi
      23rd of Oct, 2009

I also think that is insane. I have bought numerous things at Walmart, and NEVER had a problem returning them. In fact, I just returned at $185.00 Infinity vacuum which was a piece of junk, and which was purchased in May, 2008 and today is 10/23/09, (I still had the receipt) and the manager was gracious enough to hear my story, called Euro-Pro who made the vacuum, and made arrangements to ship the vacuum back to them for a store credit. The manager also gave me a store credit on the spot for the vacuum and I am now purchasing the Dyson. Wal-Mart works with customers beyond the call of duty, and if a store clerk said no, you should have taken it up a level and then some. I have never been turned down a return by Wal-Mart EVER. I have even bought stuff at one Wal-Mart and returned it at another, and still there was no problem. Just take it up a step if you get turned down. Don't yell and argue, just explain your situation. Also, you can make a complaint with the Consumer Protection Division in the state you reside -- they have to take it back if you have your receipt and it is not opened and if it is opened and it is broken or defective -- there are consumer laws and they have to take it back. You just can't return a shirt that you wore for 6 months and tell the clerk you don't like it anymore. Either the clerk didn't know his job or you didn't have a receipt and wanted a cash refund, but something isn't adding up here. Wal-Mart is great about returns!!! Did you talk to a manager or talk to a new clerk on the job for 2 days?