Wal - Mart / Automotives / Keep away from Wal-mart!

Wal-mart Camden and Lancaster, South Carolina.

I have just purchased a New set of tires for my Pontiac Grand Prix. I got up Sunday morning for Church, and proceeded down the driveway, noticing something just did not feel right with my car, so I pulled off the road and my tire was flat. We changed to the spare tire and went on to church, and had our lunch. When I returned home my husband and I decided to call to see if Wal-mart (the only place to have a tire fixed on a Sunday) Since they have seemed to have put all the small businesses, out of business. Wal-mart is my only choice. I called our local Wal-mart in Camden SC. It was 1:20 and I was not getting an answer, after three try's the service desk person asked me to try later. Well I decided I would call the Wal-mart in Lancaster, SC. I asked to speak to the automotive department, when I spoke with the lady, I asked if they could patch my tire, she replied; Yes they did patch tires. Well Lancaster is a good thirty-five mile trip from my home, and Camden is twenty-five, max. so my husband and I decided that we would just go to the Camden store. We arrived at the store and there were three people ahead of us. The girl running the register was not in any hurry and even waited for the customer ahead of us to go out to the parking lot to write the numbers that he needed from his tires. After waiting in line for thirty-five minutes, we get to the register and I tell her that I need my tire patched. She replied that they could not repair my tire because their grinder was broken. Very upset at this point my husband asked, why did you not answerer your phone, she asked what time had we called, he told her, at 1:20, she said she did not get back there until 1:25. Wonder if she was on the clock at the time she was not on the job!! We just decided better go home; this was not a very good day.

I continued to worry about that tire, and did not want to be late for work the following morning.

So we decide to just go on to Wal-mart in Lancaster. I leave my car with the automotive department and proceed to shop while they get the tire patched. After an hour or more, they page me over the intercom. When I get there, they tell me that they cannot patch my tire because it had been driven on, upset my husband explains, there is not any damage to this tire, my wife only drove it down a dirt driveway, maybe one hundred yards. The woman said; we are sorry, but it is against our policy. So again, we just went home.

The next morning, I waited until the real tire people opened, I called and asked if I could bring my tire in, he said yes that he would patch it. After the job was done I asked him what I had run over. He said; that it was a sharp rock, so I asked did I hurt my tire for the little bit of driving on it. His reply was; NO the tire was fine.

So let's see do we need to continue letting Wal-mart take all our small businesses from us? You can do as you please, but I will keep my business away from Wal-mart. We have good small grocery stores that I will continue to shop, and other items that I need, we have K-Mart, Dollar General, and plenty of Drug stores.

Comments

• Sr
      1st of May, 2008

IF YOU HAVE A DISCOUNT TIRE COMPANY WITHIN 100 MILES BY ALL MEANS GO THERE. HECK 1000 MILES WOULD BE WORTH IT TO AVOID WALMART JERKS. WHEN YOU GET YOUR TIRES GET THE ROAD HAZZARD FOR AROUND $6 THEY WILL REPLACE YOUR TIRE FREE OF CHARGE AS MANY TIMES AS YOU NEED FOR ANY REASON. HECK THEY EVEN PATCHED A TIRE I DIDN'T BUY FROM THEM FOR FREE.