Waglreens / Rime spent at drive thru to pickup RX!

Walgreens in Midland Texas on Andrews Hwy - they have the worst service for picking up RX's at the drive thru. Today is Saturday and Midland has a population of a little over 100,000 people - I went to pickup my husband's medicine at the drive thru and it took 35 minutes - I had called the medicine in early this morning, so it was ready - it was 5: PM and they had one cashier to wait on the drive thru and the walk in counter - this happens all the time - we could take a nice trip on the fuel we burn waiting on medicine at the drive thru - their signs and TV commercials are not true about the drive thru being fast and easy. Is it still considered false advertising to say those things and them not be true. I think this tells all of us what Walgreens thinks of customer service - it must be zero!!

Comments

• Li
      20th of Jul, 2008

You need to take into account the number of pharmacies that are in your town, how busy the Walgreens you pick up your prescriptions at is, and how much money the store is alloted by its district office for staffing.
    Also, the pharmacist (who is often also the cashier) has to fill prescriptions for the drive-thru, counter, internet and phone orders. You are not the only customer. I wish more customers would realize they are not the only one being waited on at once.
    And the computers may have gone down at some point during the day, which would unavoidably delay your prescription being filled even though you dropped it off in the morning.
    Finally, I feel sorry for the pharmacists and would never want their job.