WageWorks / Wageworks - big scam

WAGEWORKS IS A BIG SCAM! I cannot believe for the life of me that major corporations actually participate with such a dishonest business. They quickly accept your money into their debit card for medical expenses but when you use your card with YOUR money in it, they quickly dismiss the transaction making you go out of your way to prove it was a medical transaction--- what in the world would I be purchasing at a University Hospital other than medical care???? I WILL BE contacting the Better Business Bureau- Basically Wageworks job is to try and steal as much hard earned money from you at the end of the year!!!

Er

Comments

• Er
      15th of Sep, 2010

It is actually more efficient to NOT USE WageWorks and just submit your medical expenses at the end of the tax year- They are THEIVES!!!

• Pa
      16th of Sep, 2010

WageWorks has a responsibility to your employer to verify all card transactions. Just because you use your card at a doctor's office, doesn't mean it's an approved transaction. And besides, all unused funds go back to the employer, not WageWorks at the end of the year. WageWork's site has a very useful tutorial on when and where to use your card. Maybe if you paid attention, all your card use would be approved and you wouldn't need to go through the hassle of sending in receipts.

16th of Sep, 2010

Maybe if you weren't mentally slow you would realize that I and probably all of the other people complaining about Wageworks have read and completely understand their approved transactions. They obviously have to make money out of their business how do you think it happens??? Is it a miracle???? --- I stand by my word about my complaint ---
    If you would like to rant and rave about WageWorks please do so on your own review message and please do not insult my intelligence nor other victims of this company by replying to my complaint with such rediculously obvious answers, excuses and explanations----
    In other, more simplistic words (for someone like yourself to understand) F off!!!

16th of Sep, 2010

Also, customer care is totally useless---- You might need to hire a kindergarten teacher to translate for you

• Mi
      1st of Oct, 2010

I can truly see both points on this. But truly WageWorks and other flexible spending providers are regulated to do this. Whether it's payflex, or connexis or any plan offering FSAs they are required by law to substantiate all transactions.

The truth about your funds is the funds is that all unused funds actually go back to your employer not the provider(WageWorks or others). I would speak to them about the claim process and see why your Credit Card transaction was not substantiated. I've gone through the same thing and what I found is I only used my card to by Over-The-Counter products at Walgreens or CVS and filed claims for my doctor expenses.

Best of luck with this but in closing I have saved a lot of money with FSAs and do believe it's helpful if you have more than $1000 in health expenses.

• Jm
      15th of Nov, 2010

I have used FSA's for the past 12 years and have never had the experience that I have with Wageworks. This was my first year with their company and I will not be signing up for a repeat performance. I absolutely agree with the complaint. As an attorney I always read the fine print and prior to submitting my initial claims went through their site extensively. I understand that FSA's have a responsibility to the Company's that engage them but the complete incompetence of their employees is outside of ridiculous! I would like to call once and actually speak with an employee that English was their first language. My documentation for reimbursement has been submitted according to the letter of their own standards and yet 5 months down the road I await reimbursement. I too have saved a considerable amount of tax dollars maxing out the dollars in FSA's but will not be signing up for 2011. I have undertaken a writing campaign with the Attorney Generals office based on my experience and encourage all of those with similar experience to do the same.

• Sr
      26th of Oct, 2017

Scam company. Be very worried if your company hires for Cobra.Accepts payments, denies claims. Zero call center customer service. Google. Reviews are frightening. Cut to the chase. Contact Federal Dept of Labor on Cobra issues. Anything else is a waste of time.

• To
      23rd of Aug, 2018

This company is still in business?

• Fi
      19th of Jan, 2019

These people are scam artists, sent in an itemized bill from my dentist with dates times of service and breakdown of services, received a for letter saying claim was denied because they needed time of service, and breakdown of services. that was exectly what I provided so I called the number on the letter and got an off shore boiler room operation, , when I asked to speak to some one who spoke english I was put on hold for 30 min then told no one was available..shut these people down, , they have 500.00 dollars of my money I put in a claim for 61.00.. declined..IT's MY MONEY!!!

• Rp
      25th of Jan, 2019

OK so forgetting about the fact that this scam corporation gets to keep any and all wages that you (the Participant) contribute by year-end - why not return any unused portion to the Participant??, anyway aside from that, this program is pretty much impossible to use. Example- you go to the pharmacy, dermatologist, podiatrist, etc. you give them your card and that's supposed be it right? I mean you are contributing to an account from your paycheck managed by WageWorks, it SHOULD be simple to draw against it with your physician, medical, pharmacy visits. But hold on. Of my last 12 charges, all but 3 were denied. Reason? "No proper documentation". This despite the fact that the attempted charges originated from a national cancer hospital, a Dermatologist, a Podiatrist, even CVS pharmacy! They not only deny the charges at a staggering rate, they suspend your "benefits" card immediately! The douche bags who run this firm are so out-of-touch, that they suspend your card if you sneeze too loud. Yet your hard-earned wages continue to flow into their account and you cannot access them!!
    Why anyone one would voluntarily choose this blatant abuse of a service is beyond me. If you have not already chosen this abusive program, then DON"T!!
    And if you already have enrolled, QUIT immediately like I did! I'd rather pay the taxes!!!